Photo
- - - - -

When the BBC reported Tower #7 falling 20 mins before it did....

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Today was the first time I've seen this footage, where a BBC reporter tells all that building #7 WTC has collapsed, but it is still standing at the time of the report.

Im just trying to wrap my mind around how this could be possible.  The BBC officially states that it was due to poor information, and due to the confusion of the event, they got it wrong.  I am trying to work out how what an INCREDIBLE coincidence it must be for someone to report that #7 collapsed (when it did not), feed that to an on screen reporter, who fails to ID the building she is talking about standing behind her.  Then, 20 minutes later, the building in question collapses.

Its more than my mind can take right now....

Anyone have some explanations that might hold water?

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Call me a nut job, but research how jet fuel burns first.

#3 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

why?

#4 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

And then se what happens to support columns when there is a huge impact to a building....

#5 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

So you guys are saying its just a coincidence of poor reporting, no fact-checking, and fuel burning that leads to the mistaken building actually collapsing 20 minutes after the botched report?

That is a lot to accept

#6 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

many people knew that the building was going to collapse.  It was just a matter of time.

some theories say that the reporter was told to say it was going to fall, not that it fell.

#7 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Not to speak for TEO, but I think her contention is that jet fuel does not burn hot enough to cause a building to collapse.

#8 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Im just trying to figure out a way to make this work logically in my mind here.  I cant come up with anything other than a conspiracy

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Not to speak for TEO, but I think her contention is that jet fuel does not burn hot enough to cause a building to collapse.

Correct, thus whether conspiracy or not, I am not buying the "official" story.

#10 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Correct, thus whether conspiracy or not, I am not buying the "official" story.

What do you believe really happened? 

#11 syd_25

syd_25
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Ct

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

What is the temp that steel fails at?

#12 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

It's Obama's fault! :funny1:

#13 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,027 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

So, is the claim BBC journalists knew about and attempted to participate in this conspiracy then blew their cover by screwin up the report?

#14 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I think the GIANT hole in the back of the building, along with fires on multiple floors had more to do with the collapse,than anything else.

The theory that the BBC was in on some sort of conspiracy, im my mind just doesn't hold up.

To think that some "string puller" tells the BBC to report that tower 7 has collapsed, is just not plausable, IMO.

Other than that, it would be impossible to prove a negitive, that is that there was no conspiracy.

#15 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Smoke and mirrors.

I believe there was intel that would have allowed those planes to be diverted, etc rather than hitting the towers in the first place.

#16 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Smoke and mirrors.

I believe there was intel that would have allowed those planes to be diverted, etc rather than hitting the towers in the first place.

To what purpose?

#17 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Divert attention and use fear to manipulate the masses.

Seems to have worked.

#18 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

TtB is pretty convinced by the info and analysis from this site:

http://www.debunking911.com/

that what happened in downtown Manhattan on 9/11/01 was pretty much what the official story says it was.

TtB would not be terribly surprised to find out that someone or a few someones within the government had knowledge that it was coming, and didn't move to stop it, but thinks that an overt plan on the part of the government (as some have suggested) to do this would be of such a large scale that someone who was involved would have come out and said something.

#19 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

In the conspiracy theories of old, like JFK, all the parties whi "knew" were silenced.  Or so the theories go.

IMO a conspiracy is amoung a limited amount of people.  The less who know, means the less who can tell.

As TtB says, too many people would have been involved if you go by these theories. 

people setting charges, airline employees, air traffic controllers, first responders, the BBC....

I think the only person not in on iit was me..

#20 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

so, multiple coincidences are to blame for the scenario that played out in the video above?  

As I don't believe in coincidence at all...

#21 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

what multiple coincidences?

#22 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

So you guys are saying its just a coincidence of poor reporting, no fact-checking, and fuel burning that leads to the mistaken building actually collapsing 20 minutes after the botched report?

That is a lot to accept

these

#23 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,732 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Its called a mistake. Someone told the reporter that the building was going to collapse and they reported that the building HAD collapsed.

#24 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Someone ( ;) ) recently brought up Occam's Razor in another thread.

Seems to me, despite the coincidences, that with the information and analysis we have available, the government conspiracy explanations of 9/11 make more assumptions than the "official" story does.

#25 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I may be wrong, but I've mulled this all over quite a bit, and that's the conclusion I've come to.

#26 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,029 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Image187.marked.jpg

ONce you do the hard research on steel, there is no way anything adds up. so there it is.

This is bankers trust. Across the street from WTC2. It was hit by falling debris.

#27 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

That is a lot to accept

no fact checking = poor reporting.  That is not a coincidence.

There was fuel burning, it had nothing to do with an early report.

#28 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

This seems to make a lot of sense to me:

http://www.popularme...de-center#steel

#29 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,029 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Sorry, brehm, but that makes no sense.

#30 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,029 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

I may be wrong, but I've mulled this all over quite a bit, and that's the conclusion I've come to.

Mulling it over and doing the work, are of course, different. I got into my current profession after spending years and years over this topic. See my thread in philosophical discussions.

#31 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

That steel weakened but not melted by intense heat has less integrity than unheated steel?

#32 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Wait a minute, Popular Mechanics is now an expert source of information?

#33 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Mulling it over and doing the work, are of course, different. I got into my current profession after spending years and years over this topic. See my thread in philosophical discussions.

As you know my expertise tends more toward gently smashing optimism than engineering. :funny1:

That said, I've read a bunch on both sides of this issue, and believe what I believe. Will, sometime soon, look over the other thread...I'm open to having my mind changed.

In the be all and end all, I don't think it matters, though. Whether by intent from the getgo, or by capitalizing on a horrible situation, the machine lurched forward after 9/11, young Americans (and Iraqis) died needlessly, and we the taxpayers were robbed blind.

#34 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Seems to me that it's perfectly entitled to be a collector of said information.

#35 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

no, dewds on droog band forums are.....  :bowl:

#36 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

And once again...think about the number of people it would have taken to pull this off. Tens? Hundreds? No one has come forward to say, I can't live with what I had a part in?

The number of people on those planes, who some folks who fall on the conspiracy side say must be still alive - that there weren't planes in PA or DC. Where are they?

#37 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,029 posts

As you know my expertise tends more toward gently smashing optimism than engineering. :funny1:

That said, I've read a bunch on both sides of this issue, and believe what I believe. Will, sometime soon, look over the other thread...I'm open to having my mind changed.

In the be all and end all, I don't think it matters, though. Whether by intent from the getgo, or by capitalizing on a horrible situation, the machine lurched forward after 9/11, young Americans (and Iraqis) died needlessly, and we the taxpayers were robbed blind.

No, it doesn't matter at all. Too little too late'd.

#38 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

:funny1:

#39 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

What we can do is our best to not get distracted again.

#40 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

No, it doesn't matter at all. Too little too late'd.

And yet, life is pretty damned beautiful at times. :)

#41 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,029 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

It always is beautiful. You and Kris are beautiful. My lovely SO is beautiful. I just happen to me one of those "give me truth" people. It's part of my being and it does not shut off....unfortunately.

#42 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

What we can do is our best to not get distracted again.

I never was.

#43 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I never was.

To assist others in not getting distracted.  Enlarging views.   :wink:

#44 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

It always is beautiful. You and Kris are beautiful. My lovely SO is beautiful. I just happen to me one of those "give me truth" people. It's part of my being and it does not shut off....unfortunately.

You are beautiful too.

#45 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yer lovely is. And the two you. And you, even. :)

And while my thirst sometimes lags behind yours, I wish for truth as well. I just strive always to remember that there are lots of different truths about lots of different things, and to keep my eye on all of 'em.

I love you freaks! <3

#46 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,044 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Enlarging views. 

:naughty:

#47 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

:kiss:

#48 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I have a severe distrust of gov't.  But I, like many others, don't think that the gov't is good at planning.  To have a conspiracy of this magnitude would require an unbelievable amount of resources and planning.

I believe the gov't lies and distorts truths all the time.  The Terror Alerts being Code Orange all the time certainly fall into that category...

#49 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,029 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Ever heard of compartmentalization?

#50 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,029 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Can you explain that structural I-Beam I posted's condition?