Photo
- - - - -

SHOCK CLAIM: Nobel Peace Prize Nominee: Obama Asks Military Leaders If They Will “FIRE ON US CITIZENS”

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
January 22, 2013

2009 Nobel Peace Prize nominee Jim Garrow shockingly claims he was told by a top military veteran that the Obama administration’s “litmus test” for new military leaders is whether or not they will obey an order to fire on U.S. citizens.

Garrow was nominated three years ago for the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize and is the founder of The Pink Pagoda Girls, an organization dedicated to rescuing baby girls from “gendercide” in China. Garrow has been personally involved in “helping rescue more than 36,000 Chinese baby girls from death.” He is a public figure, not an anonymous voice on the Internet, which makes his claim all the more disturbing.

“I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new “litmus test” in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. “The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not”. Those who will not are being removed,” Garrow wrote on his Facebook page, later following up the post by adding the man who told him is, “one of America’s foremost military heroes,” whose goal in divulging the information was to “sound the alarm.”

Garrow’s claim is even more explosive given that the country is in the throes of a national debate about gun control, with gun rights advocates keen to insist that the founders put the second amendment in the Constitution primarily as a defense against government tyranny.

It also follows reports on Sunday that General James Mattis, head of the United States Central Command, “is being told to vacate his office several months earlier than planned.”

Concerns over US troops being given orders to fire on American citizens in the event of mass gun confiscation first arose in 1995 when hundreds of Marines at 29 Palms, California were given a survey as part of an academic project by Navy Lieutenant Commander Ernest Guy Cunningham which asked the Marines if they would, “Fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the United States government.”

The survey was subsequently leaked because many of the Marines who took it were shocked by the tone of the question.

The US Military has clearly outlined innumerable civil emergency scenarios under which troops would be authorized to fire on U.S. citizens.

In July 2012, the process by which this could take place was made clear in a leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” (PDF) dating from 2006. Similar plans were also outlined in an updated manual released in 2010 entitled FM 3-39.40 Internment and Resettlement Operations.

The 2006 document outlines how military assets will be used to “help local and state authorities to restore and maintain law and order” in the event of mass riots, civil unrest or a declaration of martial law.

On page 20 of the manual, rules regarding the use of “deadly force” in confronting “dissidents” on American soil are made disturbingly clear with the directive that a, “Warning shot will not be fired.”

Given that second amendment advocates are now being depicted as dangerous terrorists by the federal government and local law enforcement, Garrow’s claim is sure to stoke controversy given that Americans are seeing their gun rights eviscerated while the federal government itself stockpiles billions of bullets.

Last week, Gloversville Mayor Dayton King warned that any federal gun confiscation program could lead to a “Waco-style standoff” in rural areas of America.

#2 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'd be inclined to take this more seriouslike if the source weren't Alex Jones.

#3 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thank you for that.  He's the crackpot king.

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Because on the surface it is so unbelievable it should be dismissed off hand?

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Albert Einstein was a crackpot as well.  :winkydinky:

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

HOMEABOUTNEWSCOMMENTTHE TEA ROOMPODCASTCONTACT

Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens', says ‘leading humanitarian’
A 'respected' humanitarian has claimed that a military source has informed him of radical changes to the US military under a new Obama doctrine

by The Commentator on 23 January 2013 10:50

#7 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Personally, I am thinking many of our Presidents would have considered similar requirements.

#8 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

It doesn't really matter what the top says. The senior enlisted run the men. We have a chain of command. As orders come down if there was an order like that it wouldn't happen. It takes an act of congress to remove an E-9. An E-9 in my case would be a CMC under him you will have E-7,8 running the men. Under them you have E-6's running departments. With the E-7 (man who has been in 15-20yrs) you will have an O-2,or 3 (been in maybe 3yrs). They take the orders from the top, about what the duty is, the tell the E-7. He makes it happen.

If the top gives an unlawful order he will have a bunch of angry senior enlist to explain himself too. The men follow the senior enlisted. Can you picture 23yr old, 1LT Joe Blow, telling 40yr old MSG Smith "Assemble your men, we are going to fire on these American civilians".

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Did we not "see" via Occupy that there are forces all ready to jump on citizens for standing up for justice and their rights?

#10 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Because on the surface it is so unbelievable it should be dismissed off hand?

Nope.

Because Alex Jones consistently takes a little bit of plausible information about the sad path this country is on, then piles a bunch of crap on top of it so high that the plausible parts are completely tainted my his shrieking, hysterical, spinning-eyed nonsense. An association gets made. And then those of us who speak only about those plausible parts get painted with the whackadoo brush, and business goes on as usual.

In an occasional moment of paranoia, I wonder sometimes if he isn't a government plant.

#11 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Personally, I am thinking many of our Presidents would have considered similar requirements.

I don't doubt it. But let's hear about it from the Monitor, or NPR, or Cato or the National Review, and not the chimp-screaming king of peeking out of the windowblinds.

#12 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

He could be, or his very life could be on the line for his reporting.   I would rather use him as a jumping off point for further research than dismiss him.  I suppose I forget how easy people are "turned-off" and let a personality taint their entire perception.  That kind of view must make the world so much smaller, no?

#13 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

He could be, or his very life could be on the line for his reporting.   I would rather use him as a jumping off point for further research than dismiss him.  I suppose I forget how easy people are "turned-off" and let a personality taint their entire perception.  That kind of view must make the world so much smaller, no?

I don't really care about his personality. I care that he makes it much harder for those of us who try to expose people to ideas and truths in a calm, rational way.

The fact that he's not dead lends credence, in my mind, to the notion that whether it's happening with his knowledge or not, that the government loves him.

#14 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I  am surprised he is still alive as well.

#15 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

His family too.

#16 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,970 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Once a labelled a kook, anything else that kook says, will always have kook labeled to the kook's words.

#17 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I don't really care about his personality. I care that he makes it much harder for those of us who try to expose people to ideas and truths in a calm, rational way.

The fact that he's not dead lends credence, in my mind, to the notion that whether it's happening with his knowledge or not, that the government loves him.

Do you then think that overall he makes it more difficult rather than exposing some who tend towards that type of medium?

(For example I cannot tolerate the likes of Howard Stern or imagine how anyone could.)

#18 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Do you then think that overall he makes it more difficult rather than exposing some who tend towards that type of medium?

(For example I cannot tolerate the likes of Howard Stern or imagine how anyone could.)

I do.

Think about what's been going on lately...people who believe in Amendment II for the very reasons it was added to the Bill of Rights - who have read up on history, and who hate the thought of violence, are being lumped in with people who say they're ready to start shooting, and are being painted as violent crazies.

It's tough enough having to try to have a reasoned conversation under those circumstances.

Add ol' Alex into the mix, and I seldom want to even try anymore.

#19 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Interesting, however I think that those who do not follow the main stream would still be painted as crazies, with or without outspoken folks such as Alex raising awareness.

#20 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Point being, we don't need any more help lookin' crazy. :lol:

I think that in effect, he masks more truth than he reveals.

YMMV

<3

#21 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

That is an interesting concept to attempt to explore.   :naughty:

#22 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

:mrgreen:

#23 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,550 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Paul Joseph Watson is a contributor to the Jones site and wrote the article. For the record. It doesn't appear Jones wrote it.

#24 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I do not believe that fact matters, wouldn't all contributors be dismissed with the same wave of the hand?

#25 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Interesting, however I think that those who do not follow the main stream would still be painted as crazies, with or without outspoken folks such as Alex raising awareness.

I tend to disagree with this.  Our country has a long history of people complaining about politics and the system, and I think most folks don't get the crazy label if they don't act too crazy, unless the person they're speaking to is so fervently on the other side that they label anyone who disagrees as crazy.

I liken Jones and his ilk to the wild-eyed guys that preach political or religious things on street corners.  Even though they may actually be very intelligent and make valid, reasoned points, when you look like a homeless nut and rant and rave, you're probably going to get the crazy label. 

And please don't interpret this as me saying that Jones is any of the above except a wild eyed nut.  I'm just responding to your quote.  Jones has zero credibility, and I personally cannot STAND him.

#26 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Does that view trickle over to all who write articles that he shares with the/his public?

#27 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Does that view trickle over to all who write articles that he shares with the/his public?

Mostly it's him.  But yes, it could.  Depends on the article and how much he embellishes.

#28 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Assuming that the author was either compensated for or consented to the article showing up on inforwars, then I do question his judgement, yup.

#29 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

:lol:  :heart:

#30 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,550 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Publisher & Director
Alex Jones

Editor
Kurt Nimmo

Associate Editors
Paul Joseph Watson
Steve Watson
Aaron Dykes
Adan Salazar

Staff Writers
Kurt Nimmo
Paul Joseph Watson
Steve Watson
Aaron Dykes
Adan Salazar
Melissa Melton
Rob Dew

Contributing Writers
Mike Adams
Anthony Gucciardi
Saman Mohammadi
Paul Craig Roberts
Webster Griffin Tarpley

Some of these gentlemen are highly educated and have information worth hearing/reading. Other do not. Jones is a sensationalist, he's selling products. Some of his information is worth hearing, some is not. I can think of several other publications of one type or another that suffers this very fate. Here is a list:

The NY Times

Huff Post

Politico

MSNBC

Fox

NBC

ABC

Just off the tpo of my head.

Do I have a point? Yes. Guilt by association is a slippery slope, and one should use caution when passng judgement on a writer, rather than the merits of their writing/journalism.

Off the cuff dismissal isn't the most unbias approach to information gathering.

#31 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Good point!

#32 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,106 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Guilt by association is a slippery slope, and one should use caution when passng judgement on a writer, rather than the merits of their writing/journalism.

Off the cuff dismissal isn't the most unbias approach to information gathering.

I don't disagree, and in this case, I'm guilty as charged.

But I have a big problem with Alex Jones. I think he does a great deal of harm to the idea of putting forth ideas and principles which many in this thread hold dear.

We need more Claire Wolfes and people of her temperament. More Andrew Napolitanos. 

Oh, and I read the article. I need more than, "'one of America's foremost military heros' told me," to convince me...and more importantly to convince people who can hardly conceive of such treachery occurring.

JMO. la la la

#33 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Didnt retired hgh level officers also claim we have an alien spacecraft and dead aliens in cold storage?

#34 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Didnt retired hgh level officers also claim we have an alien spacecraft and dead aliens in cold storage?

Whether we do or not, how long do you think it will be before we need weapons in space to protect us from aliens?

Keeping people in fear keeps the $$$ and power flowing.

#35 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Seems all too easy to discredit someone's reputation.  Why is it that many former high ranking officials who no longer silently go along with the status quo are labeled as nut jobs?   Things that make me go hmm...

#36 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,550 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Well, from my research, there are two space/star wars programs. The one for the public, and the one for the government/military.

#37 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Seems all too easy to discredit someone's reputation. Why is it that many former high ranking officials who no longer silently go along with the status quo are labeled as nut jobs? Things that make me go hmm...

Yep.

#38 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

AJ is, without a doubt, a little over the top but there seems to be some truth in much of what he says  screams

#39 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Much of it certainly ends up backed up or coming to light down the road.

#40 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Much of it certainly ends up backed up or coming to light down the road.

Shouldnt that lead more people to trust what he says rather than be skeptical?  Making outrageous (at thetime) claims that then prove true repeatedly should count for something, no?

#41 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

One would think.  Then again there are those that can't seem to change their point of view not matter the evidence.

#42 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

I guess it's easier to shout "crackpot" and bury head in sand?

#43 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,839 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Greg Palast
It seems that a lot of folks are freaked out that I have positive words for Alex Jones. On Martin Luther King's birthday, and the launch of Obama 2.0, it's worth remembering his admonition: "Let us be dissatisfied until from every city hall, justice will roll down like waters and righteousness like a might stream."

Alex Jones is the voice of that dissatisfaction. The voice that we discomfort the comfortable, without which, the lazy acceptance of the status quo and accepted wisdom, that, as King said, "time itself becomes an ally of the forces of social stagnation."

Do I agree with Alex Jones' theories and opinions. Often not - and he rarely agrees with mine. But he shakes things up with fact bombs - whether stripping the bark off the "globalizers" (by allowing me THREE HOURS to discuss the IMF, Greek currency and austerity in Peru) - or questioning Obama's saving us from "terrorists." 

In his gut and on the air, Jones knows that anti-terrorism laws don't save us from terrorists - they are only designed to save the government from Bradley Manning. 

My praise of Alex Jones is not an endorsement of every assertion of his - and he would be aghast if he thought he were endorsing all my views. He has provided a platform for information and sourced suppressed, buried and often jailed in the USA. And for that, bless him.

- Greg Palast, January 20th, 2013

#44 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,550 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

True men don't, kill coyotes.

:jimy:

#45 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts