Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm guessing you're a party line voter CW

#52 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

So you dont believe that Republicans cling to archaic social ideals while Democrats embrace the fact that whites no longer run the show?

Wow?  Is this what politics are today?

TASB, can I borrow your boots?  Shit just got deeper.

#53 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

So you dont believe that Republicans cling to archaic social ideals while Democrats embrace the fact that whites no longer run the show?

I didn't realize whites had stopped running the show.

#54 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

So I am full of shit despite the recent election results proving what I stated? Am I incorrect in saying that the only people who appear to still vote Republican wholesale are white? Was I watching some other campaign that had men on the right makes asses of themselves for remarks against women and minorities and poor Americans?
No I dont vote Party line, and actually identified as Republican before the inmates hijacked them.

#55 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

I didn't realize whites had stopped running the show.

I meant white men. The makeup of Congress shows quite clearly that women and minorities are starting to replace the status quo.

#56 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ah, the racism and bigotry shine through. That must be that whole social progress I hear so much about.

#57 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Ah, the racism and bigotry shine through. That must be that whole social progress I hear so much about.

That's rich. You're a gem dude.

#58 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I meant white men. The makeup of Congress shows quite clearly that women and minorities are starting to replace the status quo.

Seems to me at the end of the day white men are still running the show and pulling the strings.

#59 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

So I am full of shit despite the recent election results proving what I stated? Am I incorrect in saying that the only people who appear to still vote Republican wholesale are white? Was I watching some other campaign that had men on the right makes asses of themselves for remarks against women and minorities and poor Americans?
No I dont vote Party line, and actually identified as Republican before the inmates hijacked them.

White still ruin the show.  What because the president is black means that whites aren't running the show?

You are not full of shit, but the delivery is pretty bad.  Leans towards you showing there is some race involved which leads to labels.

The left makes just a big fool of itself.  The right had a bad candidate.  Some one who would say anything to win.

I agree with Reps on fiscal responobility, and the Dems on Social issues.

When I was 18 I was a registered Republican, because I did not know better.  My mom asked me one question.  

Do you think people should work for what they have, or be given what they have.  I said work for.  She said then you are a republican.  Funny how this question was posed 22 years ago, and it is more true then ever, or at least that is the talking points of today.

#60 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

When I was 18 I was a registered Republican, because I did not know better.  My mom asked me one question.  

Do you think people should work for what they have, or be given what they have.  I said work for.  She said then you are a republican.  Funny how this question was posed 22 years ago, and it is more true then ever, or at least that is the talking points of today.

I'm a staunch liberal Andy, and I've worked full time since I was 15 years old.  Paid thousands and thousands in tax over that time.  I haven't been "given" shit.  How does that reconcile with with your mom's assessment?

No offense to you or your mom, but that is utter bullshit in every way.  In fact, data shows that the majority of public assistance goes to "red" states, hence a good number of republicans.

#61 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

There are:

73 female

24 hispanics

42 black

= 139 - 555 = 416.

That is just 25% 

#62 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

I'm a staunch liberal Andy, and I've worked full time since I was 15 years old.  Paid thousands and thousands in tax over that time.  I haven't been "given" shit.  How does that reconcile with with your mom's assessment?

No offense to you or your mom, but that is utter bullshit in every way.  In fact, data shows that the majority of public assistance goes to "red" states, hence a good number of republicans.

I agree with you, and no offense taken.  That is the irony of the argument.  That most of the south is on the dole.

May be this did not come accross well first time, but what I am saying in general that this is the Rights/GOP argument.  3

Mitt's 47% comment.

The entitlement's argument.

A guy like Hannity uses the entitlements as the basis of his phone calls on the radio with liberals.  Go through a list of things the caller thinks the government should pay for.

Should the government pay for school?

Should they pay for the day care?

Should the government pay for food stamps?

Should the government pay for your car?  (you need it to get to work)  

Etc...

If they say yes, he badgers them for spending us into the ground.

It is the basis of the government should help individuals, and the right uses the boot strap argument as a counter.

#63 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Red state/blue state is more made up bullshit.  I would bet that many registered voters have no real understanding as to what their party affiliation actually represents.

#64 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I haven't been "given" shit. 

You'll be gettin' a bill soon for every hug you've gotten from me. :funny1: :mrgreen:

#65 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

You'll be gettin' a bill soon for every hug you've gotten from me. :funny1: :mrgreen:

I'd like to open an account.

#66 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

You haz serbizcreditbalance.

:) <3

#67 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

After driving home I had one or two more thoughts.

1.  Extended unemployment counts as an entitlement.

2.  Obamacare counts as an entitlement.

3.  Food stamps too.

While you and I may not have been helped by these entitlements, they are just that.

This is the point, the left is now spending like drunken sailors, and the GOP wants to cut entitlements.

I got unemployment in 2003, but was denied an extension because grad school full time was not considered the same thing as undergrad full time.  I had 9 credits, needed 12.  If I was an undergrad those classes would have been 4 credits, and I would have had 12 credits.  Was I screwed by the government?  At the time I felt they did, but i made it out ok.

And that was 1990, when my mom interjected her assessment to me, and I had to register as either Dem or Rep.  The crazy thing about her is she has views, but to this day she never tells me who she voted for.  For example she bashed Clinton as a draft dodger, but agreed with everything he said.  I have no idea if she voted for in 1992.  If I ask her today, which I did recently, she still never tells.

#68 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

That's rich. You're a gem dude.

So are you, friend. Frankly, this whole white person discussion is rather disappointing from the lot. Many "white" people are mixed in origin. Pigeon holing people based on racism and who "controls things", only adds to show how fucking shallow some are. You contradict yourselves regularly and don't even have the foggiest of it. We have a mixed president, and its not about race in politics, it's about ideas. 

For absolute fucking shame, folks. 

#69 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I think race, religion and gender are utilized in politics, whether we like it or not.

#70 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I've found it's usually the Dems/left that brings race into these things (tho not really much on this board) and sadly it's done far more than necessary.

How much of the black vote did Romney get again?

#71 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

It shouldn't matter. My point is saying that all republicans are whole sale white (can someone explain white? Celtic, British, Or is it just Anglo-saxon? What are we saying?) is patently false and there is more to it by far. But these are the dividing lkines and why its all a shit show. We play along with it. So there it is. 

We love it.

Later, folks. :v:

#72 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Gotcha, as long as we keep differentiating people rather than just people are people we are probably going to have such issues.

#73 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Gotcha, as long as we keep differentiating people rather than just people are people we are probably going to have such issues.

Right. Politics are about ideas. If the so called "progressives" are about that, address that and stop race baiting, stop playing along. 

White people... :rolleyes:

#74 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Ok.
You guys win.
Chalk one up for the "non urban Europe-based homo sapiens"

#75 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

I think we all lost, actually.

Chalk one up to the only social progress I see is a trap and an illusion.

#76 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think we all lost, actually.

Chalk one up to the only social progress I see is a trap and an illusion.

That is what I was trying to say.

#77 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

The thread was nothing more than a Republican bashing thread right from the start. 

There was a time I thought the Dems had the moral high ground but that time has come and gone.

It's not about social progress, it's about "us vs them" and if you don't agree with us then fuck you too.

#78 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

People are people, and corporations are people

#79 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Corporations are a business entity, owned by and directed by people.  Some people suck.

#80 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

CitizensUnited'd

#81 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

The thread was nothing more than a Republican bashing thread right from the start. 

There was a time I thought the Dems had the moral high ground but that time has come and gone.

It's not about social progress, it's about "us vs them" and if you don't agree with us then fuck you too.

Sad that the Fight Fire With Fire mentality has taken over the Dems.

#82 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I do like when someone calls me out for posting "utter bulshit".  Then I respond, and then nothing.  

crickets...

#83 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I do like when someone calls me out for posting "utter bulshit".  Then I respond, and then nothing.  

crickets...

He'll be back, never fret.

#84 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

crickets...

I 'spect you'll get a response. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to dick around on the tronz all day that some of us have. :funny1:

Or maybe he forgot about the discussion.

I know this much, Spidergawd is a righteous dude.

#85 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

He'll be back, never fret.

I 'spect you'll get a response. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to dick around on the tronz all day that some of us have. :funny1:

Or maybe he forgot about the discussion.

I know this much, Spidergawd is a righteous dude.

I figured.  My comment was meant to draw that righteous dude out.  :)

(Oh I tend to have time to fart around at work)

#86 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

:rolling:

Trust me, it's more fun to respond than be stranded on a boring-ass multi hour conference call!  Stupid work, getting in the way of me paddling the tronz.

#87 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

:rolling:

Trust me, it's more fun to respond than be stranded on a boring-ass multi hour conference call!  Stupid work, getting in the way of me paddling the tronz.

No worries.  It is all good.

A multi hour conference call sounds brutal.

#88 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I agree with you, and no offense taken.  That is the irony of the argument.  That most of the south is on the dole.

May be this did not come accross well first time, but what I am saying in general that this is the Rights/GOP argument.  3

Mitt's 47% comment.

The entitlement's argument.

A guy like Hannity uses the entitlements as the basis of his phone calls on the radio with liberals.  Go through a list of things the caller thinks the government should pay for.

Should the government pay for school?

Should they pay for the day care?

Should the government pay for food stamps?

Should the government pay for your car?  (you need it to get to work)  

Etc...

If they say yes, he badgers them for spending us into the ground.

It is the basis of the government should help individuals, and the right uses the boot strap argument as a counter.

Thanks for the clarification.

Hannity is a radio version of a troll.  Keeping the manufactured outrage high pays his exorbitant salary.  I pay him and his ilk no mind.

And fuck his "boot strap" bullshit.  Republican policies have cost us just as much, if not more.  Plus, personally, I'm in favor of these programs and think our country would be worse off without them. 

It's easy to bluster and pontificate about "entitlements" and "boot straps" when you are born into white affluence and have every advantage given you.  Many, and soon most, people in this country don't have that luxury.

#89 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

No worries.  It is all good.

A multi hour conference call sounds brutal.

Would rather have multiple root canals.

#90 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Also, for clarity, my "utter bullshit" statement related to the ridiculous cliche I've heard ad nauseum that "if you work for it, you're a republican..."  Go to a fucking Piggly Wiggly in Droppednuts, AR or Sisterfuck, MS and show me how many of the EBT users are democrats.  I fully and unabashedly stand by my assessment. 

#91 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

Hannity is a radio version of a troll.  Keeping the manufactured outrage high pays his exorbitant salary.  I pay him and his ilk no mind.

And fuck his "boot strap" bullshit.  Republican policies have cost us just as much, if not more.  Plus, personally, I'm in favor of these programs and think our country would be worse off without them. 

It's easy to bluster and pontificate about "entitlements" and "boot straps" when you are born into white affluence and have every advantage given you.  Many, and soon most, people in this country don't have that luxury.

Sounds good.  I was going for more "theory of a party" or the "narative of a party" than reality of the either party since we know both sides go against everything they say repeatedly.

As for Hannity.  I drive a lot to and from work, so occasionally during a commercial break I will flip him on, just to hear what craziness, the frigne right zeolot is talking about.  I always feel knowing the other side of the argument or the crazy shit the other side is saying, may give you insight to their thinking.  (this applies to liberals too, since it was implied to to refer to the GOP).

#92 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

I guess Bobby Jindal is a "Republican Basher"?

#93 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,811 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

...just to hear what craziness, the frigne right zeolot is talking about.  I always feel knowing the other side of the argument or the crazy shit the other side is saying, may give you insight to their thinking.  (this applies to liberals too, since it was implied to to refer to the GOP).

I used to do this, too. But there are so many outright lies and hypocrisy on the fringe (on both sides) now that I end up getting angry. And I don't want to be angry for no reason.

#94 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Sounds good.  I was going for more "theory of a party" or the "narative of a party" than reality of the either party since we know both sides go against everything they say repeatedly.

As for Hannity.  I drive a lot to and from work, so occasionally during a commercial break I will flip him on, just to hear what craziness, the frigne right zeolot is talking about.  I always feel knowing the other side of the argument or the crazy shit the other side is saying, may give you insight to their thinking.  (this applies to liberals too, since it was implied to to refer to the GOP).

True.  But I have to say that sometimes I wish I didn't have insight into what they're thinking, because it's difficult to wrap my head around how it's possible to be that way.  And I don't need to listen to that jackass to know what his "side" is thinking, since the next day there are plenty of zealous devotees that will angrily parrot it back.

#95 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

True.  But I have to say that sometimes I wish I didn't have insight into what they're thinking, because it's difficult to wrap my head around how it's possible to be that way.  And I don't need to listen to that jackass to know what his "side" is thinking, since the next day there are plenty of zealous devotees that will angrily parrot it back.

:lol: