Alzheimer's Subzero Heroes, Royal's $5 push, $10 if you can

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

I know you guys have been supporting the Alzheimer's Association at an awesome rate for years now.  There's also lots of other possibilities to do good things with your money.  Hurricane Sandy has created a great need for donations.  I also know that those of you who pay taxes are now paying a lot more.  Those are all great reasons not to donate to the Alzheimer's Association.

I'm gonna start with a story as my reasons why to donate.  Last week a woman who was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's came into the office with her husband.  She needed to use the bathroom and the receptionist gave her the key and directions to the bathroom.  The woman came back and said "It's locked".  That's Alzheimer's in a nutshiell for you.  You know it's a key but dont know what it's for.  People with Alzheimer's are in fog and there's a huge toll on their families and caregivers.

Your donation will help fund time away grants for caregivers, support groups, clinical trials and research.  Help is desparately needed.  I have gone to Albany and Washington, DC to advocate for Alzheimer's funding.

Finally my donations are down.  It's okay, I dont take it personally, but the money is needed.  Also a bright young woman made an extra $100 donation for me to be her sidekick. She's going to jump in a freezing lake with body paint on.  Support her.

If most of you gave $5.00 a big collective donation would be made. And as I said in the title $10 if you can.

Thank you

Royal (Ryan Stewart)

donate here.

http://act.alz.org/s...d=2870&pg=pfind

#2 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,208 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

;) Keep up the good work Ryan :)

#3 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,744 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Donation made!

Keep up the great work Ryan :heart:

#4 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Thanks Tabbooma, Thanks Karen!

bump for the day time. 

This is really an urgent situation. What we do today will help save many families.