Morning Juicing

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Not much else as simple, energizing, and fulfilling as a fresh glass of beet/orange/ ginger juice first thing to start the day and then scooping the sludge off the top with a spoon and flinging it at your teenager's face.  :smile:

#2 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,026 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

:lol:

Good stuff!

#3 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Seriously Karen, Have JP try it on Savanna- he will feel reborn. :grin:

Really though, even when I think I'm doing relatively good getting my fruits and veggies, there's no way I'm getting enough, so I'm hoping this will help without breaking the bank too much. I lie and tell the kids the beet juice are from strawberries.

#4 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

If done correctly you can juice all sorts of heallthy stuff and it will taste like the one "good" strong taste. I swear you can juice 1/8 of a Pom with the rest being cow dung and it would still taste good. I generally do a shit ton of kale, carrots and then whatever fruits or veggies I have sitting around.

#5 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

So you make a big pitcher of it?

I like the recipes I can find that just calls for only a little of stuff so I can stretch it, not waste anything, and still be getting some benefit, and it ends up being a glass worth. Like a veggie, a couple leaves of kale, and one fruit to make it palatable for me like an apple, pear, or orange....or some such thing. Im not a fan of vegetable juice over all, but I'm trying. I usually order my bloody mary's less bloody and more clear.

I'll probably see how this goes over for the morning times and then try it in the afternoons before my workouts. My doctor told me I have anemia so I'm taking iron and Vit C, but I'm hoping if I can juice enough greens maybe it will help, although I think i also need to really increase or bean and legume intake. .

#6 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,987 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I have been doing a lot more.

Bok Choy, Kale, Collards, Beets, cabbage, carrots, summer squash, cucumber, apples, parsley, orange, garlic. Basically whatever fits in the shoot.

I throw some chia seeds, or some flax.....

#7 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,987 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Wit.   

Watermelon and mint leaves are good for iron too...

#8 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,915 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

go wit!!!

juicin and poopin!

I haven't been using mine nearly enough. It feels like such a production sometimes (1st world problems, I know). When I do use it, I make a pitcher full - seems like a waste to go through all the set up, break down, and clean up just for a glass or two. I do mostly fruit (with maybe a head of lettuce and always a lot of carrots. This won't work for people with sugar concerns though - too much fructose I'd guess)

typically use: bag of carrots, lettuce or kale, 2 pears, 4 apples, a large beet, 4 oranges... sometimes add lime, sometimes grapefruit, sometimes a whole pineapple..

#9 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

You have the most amazing vodka mixing juice.  And you're right, there is NOTHING quite like the feeling of pooping butter! :lol:

#10 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I keep it in smaller batches.  It seems like once I juice it's good for maybe 5 minutes and then it all separates. It's sort of a pain in the ass to have to blend it back up and then clean the blender again. 

So you make a big pitcher of it?

#11 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I just read somewhere that you can seal it in mason jars and the nutrients wont degrade...I don't know if I buy into all this keep the enzymes alive stuff...seems to me they degrade all on their own in your stomach...the whole digestion process is about breaking down, breaking down, breaking down then absorption.

Oh man I just made a sweet potato, pineapple, orange cocktail that is sooo freaking delicious!

#12 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Sugar sugar sugar

#13 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Whatever- I'm not up to drinking only vegetable juice yet and it's a way that I can get another serving in. I'm not eating other sugars, at least during the week. And it sure as shit makes me feel awesome for my afternoon workouts.

#14 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Just messin, wit.

#15 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

brat :lol:

#16 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,915 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

I just read somewhere that you can seal it in mason jars and the nutrients wont degrade...I don't know if I buy into all this keep the enzymes alive stuff...seems to me they degrade all on their own in your stomach...the whole digestion process is about breaking down, breaking down, breaking down then absorption.

Oh man I just made a sweet potato, pineapple, orange cocktail that is sooo freaking delicious!

would never have thought to juice a sweet potato!

#17 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Kumquats

#18 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

I had a kumquat tree outside my bedroom window growing up- it was my favorite hanging out reading tree. Before you go and say there are no kumquat trees- I swear to god this was a tree and it had kumquats.

#19 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,948 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I thought this thread was going to be all :naughty:

You're slipping, GS.   :plain:

#20 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I thought this thread was going to be all :naughty:

You're slipping, GS.   :plain:

Not as much as I prefer I can tell you that. :plain:

#21 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,915 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

http://thechalkboard...to-make-at-home

#22 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Seriously, juicing before my workouts is so so good. So much more energy.

#23 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,531 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I just tried this combination. Asked my mom if she wanted to try. She was hesitant but then had a look of pleasant surprise. My dad took a sip and said, "Hey. That would go well with vodka."  Since it's almost 5, I'm going to find out if he's right.

Juicing, it isn't just for morning anymore. 

#24 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,800 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

I just tried this combination. Asked my mom if she wanted to try. She was hesitant but then had a look of pleasant surprise. My dad took a sip and said, "Hey. That would go well with vodka."  Since it's almost 5, I'm going to find out if he's right.

Juicing, it isn't just for morning anymore. 

I always liked your dad. :lol:

#25 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,987 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

I do sweet potato a lot.   rarely pineapple.  my juicer gets about 6 drops out of a pineapple for some reason.

#26 CaliBella

CaliBella
  • VibeTribe
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Whatever- I'm not up to drinking only vegetable juice yet and it's a way that I can get another serving in. I'm not eating other sugars, at least during the week. And it sure as shit makes me feel awesome for my afternoon workouts.

I agree! People are way too dang focused on too much sugar! No one's ever been like 'shoot I got so obese from juicing sweet potatoes'. I haven't tried juicing them yet. i will have to pick some up next time! My fav juice is; kale, cucumbers, lemons mixed with a little bit of water and a couple stevia drops. 

#27 rhwilliamson1

rhwilliamson1
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I've been juicing when I go home for lunch. My favorite combination is carrots, ginger and apple. nice and simple. Thanks for all of the other recipies!

#28 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

My new juicing obsession is 1 orange peeled, 1 apple, a handful of spinach, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, 1/2 lemon with rind & ginger. Soooooooooo good

#29 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

Fat, Sick and Nearly Starving: 9 Problems with Juicing

http://www.grassfedg...cing/#more-1894