• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#251 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v_H9vOdEs8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There are more, but i agree, the ability to protect ones self from an oppressive government with firearms should never be threatened. The Marcos example He gave really openned my eyes.

#252 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Gotcha.

If you have an hour, this is pretty convincing, I think:

Actually was my Documentary Club selection last year, if you want to see discussion about it.

#253 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

after watchng that, I am firmly in the anti-gun control camp.

I fee I got a pretty good education growing up.  I never learned about this stuff...

#254 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

good grief .. more youtube educators :rockon:

#255 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Youtube is a medium for posting a variety of resources, not all of which should be dismissed simply because of the avenue through which they are delivered.

#256 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

anyone with imovie can make a youtube video and narrate it to say anything. see all the ghosts on youtube? and the aliens?

#257 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,809 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

of course, again, information of which I (most of us) are fully aware.

Here is Innocence Betrayed uploaded through another channel. Does it really matter? http://topdocumentar...cents-betrayed/

#258 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

good grief .. more youtube educators :rockon:

anyone with imovie can make a youtube video and narrate it to say anything. see all the ghosts on youtube? and the aliens?

Innocents Betrayed was a professionally made film. I know at least one person who was involved in the making of it. I also know something of the research which went into making it.

I find it unfortunate that you chose to comment as you did rather than speaking to the content of the film, as it has greatly diminished my willingness to further participate in discussions with you.

#259 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

:lol:

#260 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,553 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Gotcha.

If you have an hour, this is pretty convincing, I think:

Actually was my Documentary Club selection last year, if you want to see discussion about it.

View this with a friend last evening.  Quite a history lesson reminder, very well done.

#261 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

LOL... Taking your ball and going home... Geez

Innocents Betrayed was a professionally made film. I know at least one person who was involved in the making of it. I also know something of the research which went into making it.

I find it unfortunate that you chose to comment as you did rather than speaking to the content of the film, as it has greatly diminished my willingness to further participate in discussions with you.

#262 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

what is this?  HIgh school....couples against couples.  :lol: 

I will admit too, I found her comment to be pretty damn shallow..... :shrugs:

#263 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Tabbooma made it to the 40 min mark in that video... You all have the right to your opinions as does Tabbooma, that video in Tabbooma's opinion is nothing but pure fear mongering, choppy and all over the place, it looks and sounds like that spew coming out from the NRA, the man is going to take our guns and look what can happen, again this is Tabboomas opinion.

#264 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Beat it

what is this?  HIgh school....couples against couples.  Geez louise guys!  Give it a rest.

I will admit too, I found her comment to be pretty damn shallow..... :shrugs:

#265 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Beat what? 

#266 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

;)

#267 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

#268 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

I have to pipe in about that video.  I couldn't watch too much of it.  It was indeed fear induced but it also had a lot of key truths that some forget about.

I don't know.  I'm so indifferent  like the wind.

I don't think unarming citizens in the answer but I fucking hate guns so much!  It's nuts. 

#269 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

LOL... Love videos :)

#270 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Tabbooma does not want to take anyones guns, he does want across the board gun laws to make it harder to purchase guns and ammo.. ;)

#271 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Great, another youtube educator. :bubblechick:

#272 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Tabbooma does not want to take anyones guns, he does want across the board gun laws to make it harder to purchase guns and ammo.. ;)

How about some mandatory classes and training too.  Some good old fashioned education? 

#273 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

They should just bring back Michael Jackson. 

#274 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

what is this?  HIgh school....couples against couples.  :lol:

:mrgreen:

Nah. Not against anyone. Just don't have space in my life to be mocked.

#275 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Not sure in other states but in CT you have to sit through classes to get you conceal carry permit, 50K murders in Chicago in the last 10 years, a majority of those guns were bought through straw purchasing and resold to criminals with no tracking... Track the ammo, clips and guns.. School os cool in Tabbooma's book ;) and Michael Jackson helped build America

How about some mandatory classes and training too.  Some good old fashioned education? 

#276 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

"2nd Admendment shall not be infringed" when the father says he thinks assault weapons and high capacity clips should be banned...  Freaken shameful, cannot even hold their tongue when some grieving father speaks

#277 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,525 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Strange how we still haven't seen a full clip of what actually happened, only a few of these doctored things. From what I've seen and been able to piece together he seems to ask a question and that's when they respond for all of about 3 seconds. In your clip it looks like he even responds with an "alright" to them after they answer his question.

What I find freakin shameful is how the gun control crowd has pounced on these altered clips to go after those who hold a different PoV on the subject.

Seems to me that if this was anything substantial we'd have seen at least one video of the entire thing. At the very least we'd have seen what he had to say right before the "heckling" occured

We have a thread going on it here

http://www.gathering...ht-in-hartford/

#278 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

That is such bullshit, this guy weeping over his kid and instead of the gun kooks be respectful they chime in. I watched the full clip today, that is why I posted that when he asked around the room who needs assault weapons and high capacity mags these knuckle heads chimed in. the 2nd amendment will not be infringed and some other nonsense...

Strange how we still haven't seen a full clip of what actually happened, only a few of these doctored things. From what I've seen and been able to piece together he seems to ask a question and that's when they respond for all of about 3 seconds. In your clip it looks like he even responds with an "alright" to them after they answer his question.

What I find freakin shameful is how the gun control crowd has pounced on these altered clips to go after those who hold a different PoV on the subject.

Seems to me that if this was anything substantial we'd have seen at least one video of the entire thing. At the very least we'd have seen what he had to say right before the "heckling" occured

We have a thread going on it here

http://www.gathering...ht-in-hartford/

#279 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Ugh.  My dad and brother are huge gun advocates and it drives me nuts.  But they also agree that they would like to see something done about these crazy weapons.  :(

#280 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,525 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

That is such bullshit, this guy weeping over his kid and instead of the gun kooks be respectful they chime in. I watched the full clip today, that is why I posted that when he asked around the room who needs assault weapons and high capacity mags these knuckle heads chimed in. the 2nd amendment will not be infringed and some other nonsense...

So you heard him ask if anybody in the room could challenge or answer the question he posed, then you saw him turn his head as waiting for a response, then you heard him state see, no one could answer that question, then folks responded to his question at which point he nods his head and says alright? You saw and heard all that and you still choose to attack these folks, who by the way had remained silent up until the point they responded to the question he asked them? 

Hell, I bet if you asked Mr Heslin he'd be the first to say they weren't heckling him.

Sorry C but I think you're either letting the media dictate how you're responding to this or you've got blinders on and you don't see what actually occurred.

Here's what appears to be the entire incident

#281 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,930 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

99% of the time I side with the gun control crowd, rather than the anti gun control crowd.

What I saw here, in the full video, is Mr Heslin asked a rhetorical question.  Prolly didn't expect an answer.  And in that room, should not have gotten an answer (out of turn).  But he did ask.  Some members of the crowd answered.

I can see that it would appear as a bullying tactic.  That is having a crowd assembled as someone is giving a dissenting view, but I don't see it as heckling.  The people in charge of the meeting quickly stopped any discussion that may or may not have happened.

My opinion is that he was not heckled.  He is a brave man to stand up for what he believes, and I'm sure he is in much more pain than anyone here would ever care to be in.  But I just don't see it as heckling.

#282 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

My heart hurts for him, and as evidenced by the thread I started yesterday, I'll be one of the first in line to call "my side" to task if they don't make our case with respect and dignity.

I wouldn't have responded to his question had I been in the room, but I can see how some folks could.

But having reviewed the actual footage, and not the media's edited version, I see:

-A brokenhearted man whom I wish I could help heal. I suspect no one can.

-A very irresponsible news media

-A now bigger gap between two sides I wish could talk rationally and kindly and find some compromise so that we can reduce threats to kids and other folks.

:(

#283 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Not heckling IMO.  Dude asked a question, twice, got answers, those who responded were asked to stop, they did.  End of story.  Don't like the answers?  Ok.  I don't like lima beans.

#284 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,930 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hmmm  You may be onto something there.  

Concealed Carry permit requires eating a bowl of lima beans.   

:bowl:

#285 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,525 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I was wrong, the heckling lasted almost a full 6 seconds.

No surprise at all with MSNBC (clearly the FOX of the left)

MSNBC's Sandy Hook 'hecklers' - POLITICO.com

Video at above link

Video from Media Research Center, the right-wing media watchdog group.

MSNBC ran a video clip yesterday that portrays the father of a Sandy Hook victim being "heckled" during a legislative hearing.

Martin Bashir, an MSNBC host, ran an edited clip from the hearing, which omitted the father's request to hear from the audience. Bashir then referred to the audience members as "hecklers." But the full tape, provided above by Media Research Center, the right-wing watchdog group, shows that the father had solicited the audience members' participation. The father then said, "We're all entitled to our own opinion, and I respect their opinions and their thoughts."

MSNBC has been dogged by accusations of selective editing before. In June of last year, the network edited footage of a campaign event at which Mitt Romney was discussing touchtone screens at a local chain store to illustrate the advantages of competition in the private sector. Instead, MSNBC depicted him as being naively amazed by the advent of touchtone screens. (MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell later airedthe complete, unedited footage.)

MSNBC spokesperson Lauren Skowronski did not immediately respond to requests for comment regarding Bashir's video. An 

MSNBC source has told The Washington Post's Erik Wemple that the network is "reviewing the video in question."

UPDATE (1:18 p.m.): The Associated Press also labeled the audience members "hecklers," but reported high-up that the father had solicited their comments. The AP referred to these audience members as "advocates for gun rights." MSNBC referred to them as "gun nuts."

#286 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

After a long day it is so refreshing to come home and read your posts Joker, the humor, wit and satire really is refreshing. Thanks, you are awesome <3

So you heard him ask if anybody in the room could challenge or answer the question he posed, then you saw him turn his head as waiting for a response, then you heard him state see, no one could answer that question, then folks responded to his question at which point he nods his head and says alright? You saw and heard all that and you still choose to attack these folks, who by the way had remained silent up until the point they responded to the question he asked them? 

Hell, I bet if you asked Mr Heslin he'd be the first to say they weren't heckling him.

Sorry C but I think you're either letting the media dictate how you're responding to this or you've got blinders on and you don't see what actually occurred.

Here's what appears to be the entire incident

#287 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,525 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

:lol:

Glad I could help brighten up your day  :happyhappy: