Multiple family murder in New Mexico

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#101 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,556 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

First I never said to unarm the populace, two I never suggested such a thing, you on the other hand are suggesting, wait not suggesting, you are stating that we need arms in this country so we do not fall under the yoke of the goverment... Where do criminals get guns?

Nonsense? Really? Are you suggesting that these types, pol pot, mao, Lenin, etc.. didn't commit atrocious acts against an unarmed populace?

The problem is that if you restrict law abiding citizens, they are the only ones restricted. Criminals and government still will get these items. I really don't understand why it is best to unarm everyone but government and criminals. I'm all for background checks. But when states and the feds cant manage to get their 60K plus back log cleared up of offenders under those checks, what good is it in really stopping criminals from getting these items? It doesnt. Thats the problem. So it's a trifecta WTF on the part of those looking for harsher restrictions or outright bans on firearms.. 

#102 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

#103 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

please do not disarm the law abiding citizens in this country. Please.....for the love of life...do not!

#104 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

please do not disarm the law abiding citizens in this country. Please.....for the love of life...do not!

It can not be done. But the deja vu of 1993 is upon us.

#105 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

First I never said to unarm the populace, two I never suggested such a thing, you on the other hand are suggesting, wait not suggesting, you are stating that we need arms in this country so we do not fall under the yoke of the goverment... Where do criminals get guns?

From gunsmiths or someone who sells them for gunsmiths or from other criminals or they steal them.

#106 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

#107 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

It's like outlawing a guitar because underage wookettes end up slayed. C'mon, brehs. :rolling:

WAL :halfstar: MART

#108 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

lol3Dprinters

Sorry the NRA has got you so frightened.  3D printers are used for prototyping in our industry.  I've spent some time chatting with reps from some of those companies.  We are SO far from making a functional gun with one of them it's just ridiculous.  Plus, if you can afford one that's of even close to the quality you'd need (which I don't even think is available yet), you can certainly afford to buy weapons, legal or not. 

#109 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

we don't take real violence seriously enough in this country. most of our gun violence comes from repeat offenders who spend 5 years or less in prison for things like rape or assault and battery, yet we suspend a 4 year old over a pink bubble gun comment, and send d.rug users to prison for 20 years. many murders are committed by domestic violence offenders and the few crazies that do the mass shootings needed to be institutionalized long before they committed their crimes by people who knew they were dangerous.

the fact that they have such easy access to weapons is only part of the problem, and those of you who are worried that our democratic state is going to suddenly become a tyrannical dictatorship that you need to defend Red Dawn style need some help as well.

#110 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

We've already got a government that has targeted Americans for death, we already have a government that feels it's acceptable to execute people based on the belief they may be guilty of something and yet some of you people still do not want to believe that we might, just might, need the ability to protect ourselves from that government in the future.

Sorry, but those of you foolish enough to not believe that history repeats itself are the ones that need some help.

#111 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

We've already got a government that has targeted Americans for death, we already have a government that feels it's acceptable to execute people based on the belief they may be guilty of something and yet some of you people still do not want to believe that we might, just might, need the ability to protect ourselves from that government in the future.

Sorry, but those of you foolish enough to not believe that history repeats itself are the ones that need some help.

Chicken Little'd

#112 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

lol3Dprinters

Sorry the NRA has got you so frightened.  3D printers are used for prototyping in our industry.  I've spent some time chatting with reps from some of those companies.  We are SO far from making a functional gun with one of them it's just ridiculous.  Plus, if you can afford one that's of even close to the quality you'd need (which I don't even think is available yet), you can certainly afford to buy weapons, legal or not. 

That's why I said that a fucntioning GUN is far off on 3D printers. While MAGAZINES are simply hard plastic/metal casings with a spring in them. And the NRA doesn't have me frightened. People who are ignorant of firearms, yet want to arbitrarily create rules regarding them, do frighten me.

#113 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

they're waiting for you joker, the men in black are right outside your door, monitoring your internet use and know you're planning a revolt. Beware.

#114 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

And here i thought j was being paranoid. You guys really are out there with the "defending myself from Government attack" business. Yeesh

#115 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

they're waiting for you joker, the men in black are right outside your door, monitoring your internet use and know you're planning a revolt. Beware.

Yes, because it could never happen. You might want to read a history book. 

#116 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yes, because it could never happen. You might want to read a history book. 

a book? what's that? :beard:

stupid insults don't make your paranoia valid. :rockon:

#117 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Preparing for something that may never ever happen is insane.

#118 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

My paranoia? I'm not paranoid at all. Hell, I don't even own a gun. I'm just stating facts. 

Just because you don't want to believe it's possible that people might need to protect themselves from the government, that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. It's been shown time and time again that it's possible.

#119 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Tell that to the folks in New Orleans, tell that to the folks in Jersey and NY who lost everything in Sandy.

No wonder you're where you are in life right now. 

Troll on dude, troll on  :yaya:

#120 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Is that why people put insurance on their homes and vehicles?

#121 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Preparing for a hurricane in NO or NJ seems like a good idea.

Preparing for a snowstorm in Key West FL is insane.

#122 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

if you are so fucking blind that you can't see what our government is and capable of and the INSANE times we live in....then, party on wayne.  Don't come knockin on my door when you're wandering around looking for something to eat.  :lol:

I'm prepared for survival.  I HATE HATE HATE HATE guns.  But I hate this government even more.  And yea, read a fucking history book. 

It's all a cycle  and if your'e smart enough, you can figure that out on your own.  Otherwise, you're fucked. 

#123 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

alrighty then!

#124 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

:lol:  Guess I told you, huh?

#125 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

i've just been told'd

#126 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,043 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

What does one have to do with the other?

Because the US killed one American, that means we need guns for a military militia based on history?

Completely separate you are correct, to tie them together, is doing what you claim of Hoagie in the beginning of this thread.   Being a troll.

tumblr_m4wh7kY75E1r5atfd.jpg

#127 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Oy  This convo is a dead end....just like many others. :lol:

#128 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

I see it as selling people on guns using fear as the motivating force.  "You NEED these weapos, because the Govt WILL get you".

Fear used to sell weapons.  Seems just about right.

#129 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,043 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Oy  This convo is a dead end....just like many others. :lol:

This!

Where is the TASB, jump the shark declaration.

#130 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Im so afraid...the only way ill feel secure is to have my own arsenal.

But wont the US Govt just drone your ass? Or come at you with a tank? or just a platoon of 100 soldiers with fully automatic weapoinry?  I mean, it's insane what you are saying....you might be able to hold them off longer than weaponless Hoagie, but they'll get ya anyway, if they want to.  A gun, or many gunbs, still wouldnt save you.

#131 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

What does one have to do with the other?

Because the US killed one American, that means we need guns for a military militia based on history?

Completely separate you are correct, to tie them together, is doing what you claim of Hoagie in the beginning of this thread.   Being a troll.

tumblr_m4wh7kY75E1r5atfd.jpg

If there was only one American killed you might have a case but you're incorrect in stating the US has killed only 1 American

#132 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Or come at you with a tank?

frabz-Come-at-me-bro-8b053b.jpg

#133 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

eh forget it.

nice no delete feature you have there GOTV's boards.

Fucking control, no matter where you go....

#134 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,973 posts

I don't think the gov't is coming to take people to gas chambers.  But the gov't does things in other ways.  They will harass you. 

You are a farmer who sells raw milk/cheese?  They will seize your equipment, and let you fight it out in court.  You will be broke by then, but you can have your day in court.

You grow MMJ in a state where it is legal?  Sure.  Feds come in and break all your equipment.  Charge you with a tiny crime, that they know will be dismissed, you will be broke, but you can have your day in court.

Want to protest against the 1%?  You will find yourself in court.

Grow a crop that you think is NON GMO, but has been invaded by GMO seed?  See you in court.

The govt now knows that it is your pocketbook that it can control, and will.

#135 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,043 posts
  • LocationPhilly

If there was only one American killed you might have a case but you're incorrect in stating the US has killed only 1 American

Does it matter how many.  You are right this is / would be wrong, but to tie this to gun control is absurd.

But please go on and make your self look less logical.

#136 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Does it matter how many.  You are right this is / would be wrong, but to tie this to gun control is absurd.

But please go on and make your self look less logical.

Yes, pointing out how the government has, in fact, targeted and killed Americans doesn't have a thing to do with thinking Americans should be able to defend themselves from that same government.

How absurd and illogical of me

#137 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

The govt now knows that it is your pocketbook that it can control, and will.

And when the abuse is bad enough, it's the right of the people to demand a change or alter to the government. By force if necessary. Taking away the publics ability to have that fight is in the interest of the government. So when they step on you to the point you have no choice but push back, you can do it with a stick vs. their armed thugs.

Good luck.

#138 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Ahhh.  but you see, when it's just this small group, or that small group, a guy with a gun has no chance.  

50, 60, 100 federal agents roll up.  You will find yourself quickly outnumbered.

A revolution maybe?  Most people wouldn't think of it, unless Starbucks(or choose your favorite big company) was a sponsor. 

#139 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Yes, pointing out how the government has, in fact, targeted and killed Americans doesn't have a thing to do with thinking Americans should be able to defend themselves from that same government.

How absurd and illogical of me

again, how do you really defend yourself from the US Government?  What are you, Rambo?

#140 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

FUCK STarbucks and what you said Depends, is exactly what TASB did...just a different phrasing.

#141 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

again, how do you really defend yourself from the US Government?  What are you, Rambo?

Hoagie...are you for real dude?

What are you?  A  pussy puppet?  Baaaaaaaaaaa....Sheesh.

There are those that think for themselves and then there are the others. 

#142 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Ya know the government started the whole OWS thing so they could get some hands on training in controlling the people...it's true I saw it on the internwebz

#143 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

in the 60's it worked like this.

If you had money, you went to college.  If you didn't you went to Viet Nam.   McNamara knew in 1964 that they could never win the war.  That there was no winning to be had.  They knew back then, that the domino theory was bullshit.  Didn't matter.  They had an endless supply of poor kids to die.  When they started running out, they did away with student deferments.  Then the students hit the streets.  

The war protesters of the 60s changed the tide.  The war became increasingly unfavorable?  Why?  Cause it wasn't just poor black kids dying anymore.

The govt killed more people under the guise of "defending democracy" than drones ever will.  56000 American soldiers died in Viet Nam.  McNamara, and the rest of "the smartest guys in the room" knew that they didn't have to.

#144 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

and that's how we change shit.

#145 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hoagie...are you for real dude?

What are you?  A  pussy puppet?  Baaaaaaaaaaa....Sheesh.

There are those that think for themselves and then there are the others. 

in this case, I am being realistic.  You cant outgun the US Military.  You will lose in a showdown.  

#146 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

in the 60's it worked like this.

If you had money, you went to college.  If you didn't you went to Viet Nam.   McNamara knew in 1964 that they could never win the war.  That there was no winning to be had.  They knew back then, that the domino theory was bullshit.  Didn't matter.  They had an endless supply of poor kids to die.  When they started running out, they did away with student deferments.  Then the students hit the streets.  

The war protesters of the 60s changed the tide.  The war became increasingly unfavorable?  Why?  Cause it wasn't just poor black kids dying anymore.

The govt killed more people under the guise of "defending democracy" than drones ever will.  56000 American soldiers died in Viet Nam.  McNamara, and the rest of "the smartest guys in the room" knew that they didn't have to.

#147 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

No, you're not.  You're seeing things like a child would.  Through TV eyes. 

For realsie's bro.  I'm usually on your side.  But I'm pretty disappointed in you with this one. 

#148 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

So, you tryuly believe that you would have a fighting chance against the gov't if they wanted to come and take you away tomorrow?  

I understand wanting to put up a good fight, and maybe take some with you...is that what you are talking about?

#149 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

in this case, I am being realistic.  You cant outgun the US Military.  You will lose in a showdown.  

Just bend over and take what they give you   :julius:

#150 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

my point being that you need public opinion to fight back.

public opinion ends a war

shooting at the govt = Ruby Ridge