We all owe Bush a Thank you

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 mule64

mule64
  • VibeTribe
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

Whether you disagree with his policies, whether you disagree with Iraq, Gitmo, international wiretaps, whatever else...whether you totally hate him..... we all owe him a thank you for his efforts in not having another terrorist attack on our soil. I hope and pray Obama can say the same thing when he leaves office in 8 years.

#2 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,906 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

what about the one that happened when he was asleep at the wheel?

do we get to blame him for that?

:huh:

#3 mule64

mule64
  • VibeTribe
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

Clinton get a lot of blame for that, even though you will not admit it. If the CIA had not been gutted by Clinton, they would have caught Alquaida growing so much so fast.

#4 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,082 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

Thank you, George Bush, for being a part of Pete Seeger and Paul Simon getting Kennedy honors. :) Did Dylan get one, too, while he was president?

#5 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

my balance sheet shows that administration owes me, not in dollars mind you. but i'm willing to write it off as bad debt. it is time to move forward.

#6 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,811 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:49 AM

No thanks. And if an attack is really going to happen no one will be able to stop it. Don't live in fear people.

#7 jagermonster

jagermonster
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

qaeda
Posted via Mobile Device Powered By Terrapin

#8 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,906 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:53 AM

Clinton get a lot of blame for that, even though you will not admit it. If the CIA had not been gutted by Clinton, they would have caught Alquaida growing so much so fast.

Ah Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.

I take that as a "yes, there is blame with Bush"

Bush acted like a scared, cowed thug.

I'm sure there are things I can thank Mr. Bush for. I'm sure that some people did some work that protected the usa from terrorist acts and I wouldn't be surprised if Bush actually did participate in some decisions and actions that have kept the usa safer. But he precided over the worst terrorist attack in USA history and his reaction to it has made us weaker in many many ways. Fear and weakness is a lot of what defined Mr. Bush

#9 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

The title of this thread makes me want to vomit.

carry on

#10 mule64

mule64
  • VibeTribe
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:02 AM

if another terrorist attack happens within the next year, I would definately put most of the blame on Bush.

#11 Count P-Funk

Count P-Funk
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:05 AM

if another terrorist attack happens within the next year, I would definately put most of the blame on Bush.

Even if Obama fails to act on the information available to him?

#12 mule64

mule64
  • VibeTribe
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:07 AM

Even if Obama fails to act on the information available to him?

if that info come to light, then no. But those things take time to plan, with all the supposed intelligence info they are getting now, if something is planned it should be known.

#13 Arglebargle

Arglebargle
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

So I guess the anthrax attacks didn't count. Thanks George.

Oh and the DC snipers. They don't count either.

#14 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:10 AM

everyone is entitled to their opinion. ;)

#15 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,658 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:14 AM

George and the boys are gone... Lets move ahead

#16 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

No fucking way no how will I thank him.

#17 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

thanks for your environmental stewardship, george

http://www.foxriverw...ush_record.html

:heart:

#18 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

Thank you GW Bush for extending unemployment over and over again cuz man I REALLY enjoy getting paid to hang out with my kids.

Thank you for reminding us that evil is not gone. It just hides and sneaks in under the name of God.

Thank you for fucking up so bad we may just make forget childish ways.

PS
FUCK YOU I WANT THE TWIN TOWERS BACK YOU LIFE SUCKING PARASITE :joker:

#19 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

thanks for your environmental stewardship, george

http://www.foxriverw...ush_record.html

AND THE ENVIRONMENT!!! AND THE CONSTITUTION!!! THE COUNTRIES PRIDE!!!

YOU FUCKIN DRUNK SPOILED MONKEY!!! I BET YOU ARE DRUNK AND FEELING LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT RIGHT NOW AFTER THE SPEECH YOU SAT THOUGH TODAY!!!

FUCKIN SACK OF SHIT!!!

#20 Arglebargle

Arglebargle
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

Hey while we're at it, how about that FDA?

#21 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

AND EVERY LIFE YOU KILLED IN THE NAME OF WAR THAT YOU CAN'T JUSTIFY!!!

If Bush is resposible for the 8 years of no attack then he is responsible for the attack when it happened. SORRY BUT you can't have it BOTH WAYS!!!

#22 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

Hey while we're at it, how about that FDA?

What FDA!?! It doesn't exist.

How about those BEES!!!

#23 mule64

mule64
  • VibeTribe
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:30 AM

If Bush is resposible for the 8 years of no attack then he is responsible for the attack when it happened. SORRY BUT you can't have it BOTH WAYS!!!

good answer. From now on, by that logic, Bush can not be blamed for any future failures by the Govt. Its all on Obama now.

#24 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,381 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:35 AM

Thank you George for the $600 I got last summer

other than that, I got nothing.

I can think of no President that has been so divisive both domestically and internationally than W has been. Actually that's not true internationally. He's been an ace at uniting hate against or nation internationally.

#25 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,811 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:35 AM

There was really no need to start this thread. What's the need to stir shit on a pleasant day for America.

#26 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:37 AM

thanks for abandoning the Constitution, george

The USA PATRIOT Act has generated a great deal of controversy since its enactment. Opponents<sup class="noprint Inline-Template">[who?]</sup> of the Act have been quite vocal in asserting that it was passed opportunistically after the September 11 terrorist attacks, believing there to have been little debate. They view the Act as one that was hurried through the Senate with little change before it was passed.<sup id="cite_ref-EPICNotMuchDebate_186-0" class="reference"></sup><sup id="cite_ref-EFFRushJob_187-0" class="reference"></sup><sup id="cite_ref-LeahyConcernsFinalAct_8-1" class="reference"></sup>The sheer magnitude of the Act itself was noted by Michael Moore in his film Fahrenheit 9/11. In one of the scenes of the movie, he records Congressman Jim McDermott alleging that no Senator read the bill<sup id="cite_ref-F-911-McDermott_188-0" class="reference">[189]</sup> and John Conyers, Jr. as saying "We don't really read most of the bills. Do you know what that would entail if we read every bill that we passed?" Congressman Conyers then answers his own rhetorical question, asserting that if they did it would "slow down the legislative process".<sup id="cite_ref-F-911-Conyers_189-0" class="reference">[190]</sup>

<sup id="cite_ref-NCIS_TheAge_191-0" class="reference"></sup>
EPIC have criticised the law as unconstitutional, especially when "the private communications of law-abiding American citizens might be intercepted incidentally",<sup id="cite_ref-EPIC_RovingWiretaps_192-0" class="reference">[193]</sup> while the EFF hold that the lower standard applied to wiretaps "gives the FBI a 'blank check' to violate the communications privacy of countless innocent Americans".<sup id="cite_ref-EFFOnRovingWiretaps_193-0" class="reference">[194]</sup>

<sup id="cite_ref-PaulRosenzweigOnRovingWiretaps_195-0" class="reference"></sup>
The Act also allows access to voicemail through a search warrant rather than through a title III wiretap order.<sup id="cite_ref-Section209_196-0" class="reference">[197]</sup> James Dempsey, of the CDT, believes that it unnecessarily overlooks the importance of notice under the Fourth Amendment and under a Title III wiretap,<sup id="cite_ref-ABA_DempseySection209_212_220_197-0" class="reference">[198]</sup> and the EFF criticises the provision's lack of notice. However, the EFF's criticism is more extensive

#27 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:41 AM

thank you, george, for an unnecessary war in iraq that has killed 4,228 U.S. men and women and forever destroyed the lives of those who loved them

thanks again :heart:

#28 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,381 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:41 AM

There was really no need to start this thread. What's the need to stir shit on a pleasant day for America.

This is hannity64 we're talking here......

I kid

#29 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:44 AM

Thanks, george, for a national debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.41 billion per day since September 28, 2007.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

thanks, again :heart:

#30 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:45 AM

thanks, george, for all the international relationships you forged while in office

http://www.iht.com/a...Carter-Bush.php

:heart:

#31 Col_Sandoz

Col_Sandoz
  • VibeTribe
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:48 AM

China, did you and Iggy have a fight?:lol::lol:

#32 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

Hi Col :wavey:

#33 Col_Sandoz

Col_Sandoz
  • VibeTribe
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:53 AM

What up lady?

#34 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

What up lady?

obviously my annoyance level :lol:

#35 Col_Sandoz

Col_Sandoz
  • VibeTribe
  • 783 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:57 AM

oh the serious side ... It's a new day!!

#36 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:59 AM

{{{{{{Gina}}}}}} I think I :heart: YOU!:clapping::jamguy::v:

#37 DifferentDrummer

DifferentDrummer

Banned

• Banned
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

Whether you disagree with his policies, whether you disagree with Iraq, Gitmo, international wiretaps, whatever else...whether you totally hate him..... we all owe him a thank you for his efforts in not having another terrorist attack on our soil..

LOL

most illogical 'thought process' ever.

he IS to blame for 9/11. even if you don't think he was directly responsible for it, it happened ON HIS WATCH.

and everything he's done since then has only EMPOWERED those who hate us.

#38 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,950 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:04 AM

Kind Gee Girl.... I am so impressed by your patriotism and level of knowledge I'm going to offer you a gov't job. You will work for Veterans Administration. Hence forth you will be known as VA GINA.

#39 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

[quote name='Royal']Kind Gee Girl.... I am so impressed by your patriotism and level of knowledge I'm going to offer you a gov't job. You will work for Veterans Administration. Hence forth you will be known as VA GINA.[/quote

(((((((Ryan)))))))) I :heart: YOU too!:lmao::rotf:

#40 Joia

Joia
  • VibeTribe
  • 704 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:14 AM

Whether you disagree with his policies, whether you disagree with Iraq, Gitmo, international wiretaps, whatever else...whether you totally hate him..... we all owe him a thank you for his efforts in not having another terrorist attack on our soil. I hope and pray Obama can say the same thing when he leaves office in 8 years.

Are you serious?
The 9/11 attack was against Bush. We can all thank Bush for 9/11.
Clinton worked his ass off trying to broker peace in the middle east. Bush refused to even meet with both sides, or did you forget about that?

not to mention the thousands of American lives lost in Iraq, Thanks W.
not to mention destroying the constitution with the patriot act, Thanks W.
[sarcasm]lets not forget the myriad of weapons of mass destruction he recovered[/sarcasm]

Bush sucks! now that he's no longer president, I can say it loud and proud without fear of a swat team taking me out in the middle of the night for violating the patriot act by voicing my opinions!:joker:

#41 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,811 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:18 AM

Kind Gee Girl.... I am so impressed by your patriotism and level of knowledge I'm going to offer you a gov't job. You will work for Veterans Administration. Hence forth you will be known as VA GINA.

That was awesome:rotf:

#42 Don Nucka

Don Nucka
  • VibeTribe
  • 635 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

The one thing i can seriously thank him for:

Scaring average Americans away from Republican politics for the next 20 years at least.
Oh, and "only one" giant terrorist attack on your watch does not make a good record.

#43 alsoa

alsoa

Drunk

• VibeTribe
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:29 AM

Posted Image

#44 Drop_o_Rain

Drop_o_Rain

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

After Sept. 11th, George W. Bush appeared on television and his speech that night was remarkable. It was written for him, I am no fool, however, he delivered it beautifully and gave us all some courage to move forward and I remember many many of you being here and saying the same thing. I don't agree with much of what went on during the last 8 years, but I needed him that night and he executed the calmness, solidarity and united front that we needed.

I also thank him for being the ying to our yang today. Without his administration alienating many Americans, we wouldn't have pulled off this election. We again united over a cause... many many many many people were unhappy with him and so we pulled together to get him and his party out of office.

Here is a list I found citing some of his accomplishments:
1. Boosting Aid to Africa Threefold
This story from the Washington Post says, "The president has tripled direct humanitarian and development aid to the world's most impoverished continent since taking office and recently vowed to double that increased amount by 2010 -- to nearly $9 billion."

2. Taking Down the A.Q. Khan Nuclear Proliferation Network
A.Q. Kahn is considered the father of Pakistan's nuclear program. But several years ago, he confessed to leaking nuclear know-how and materials to Iran and Libya. Security experts suspect he also helped other countries including North Korea. Kahn is under house arrest in Pakistan. Critics say the Bush Administration should have acted faster on the Khan situation.

3. Getting Libya To Give Up Its WMD Programs And Renounce Terrorism

In late 2003, President Bush announced that "quiet diplomacy" had led to a breakthrough with Libya. Libya agreed to give up all weapons of mass destruction programs and allow international inspection of suspected weapons sites. The president has implied that Libya agreed to all this after seing how the United States reacted to Iraq's suspected weapons program. Critics paint a different picture.

4. Getting North Korea To Shut Down Its Nuclear Reactor (Eventually)
In what is considered a diplomatic "win" for U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice over the more aggressive policies of Vice President Dick Cheney, the United States has made slow but steady progress in dealing with North Korea.

5. Decapitating Al Qaeda's Top Leadership And Not Having a 2nd 9/11
Proving why something didn't happen is difficult, but we have to acknowledge that there has not been another 9/11 level attack on America. And many members of Al Qaeda are no longer with us.

#45 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

It's like college all over again :D

:lol:

#46 Skrockypoint

Skrockypoint
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:43 AM

The title of this thread makes me want to vomit.

carry on

DITTO

#47 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:06 AM

good answer. From now on, by that logic, Bush can not be blamed for any future failures by the Govt. Its all on Obama now.

Yup he even said it in his speach. The word is resposibility. Now say it with me people R-E-S-P-O-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y. Good.

Unless the GOP has other plans it should all be smooth sailing from here. AHHHHH the Clinton years. Let's see how long it takes for us to start complaining about moving forward again. These steps back are old :v:

#48 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

I can't spell. Time for bed :D

#49 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:09 AM

SHIT I was smart when Bush was in office. Now I'm like dumb and shit. I guess we had more IQ points when a drunk monkey was in charge.

#50 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:29 AM

OH WAIT if Obama goes on vacation for the next few months then I guess he can blame Bush :funny1:

(((((((SARCASM)))))))