Sandy Hook Hero Harassed by Burgeoning Truther Movement

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

This is disgusting.  If you want to whip up a foil hat and see conspiracy everywhere, fine.  But harassing this poor guy??  Really???  What a bunch of fucking assholes. 

Fuck you, "truthers".  Fuck you and your whack job bullshit "theories".  Harassing people in the name of your insanity crosses the fucking line.

Sandy Hook Hero Harassed by Burgeoning Truther Movement

When Gene Rosen found six small children crying at the end of his Newtown, Conn. driveway on Dec. 14, he opened his home to them. He got stuffed animals and juice and listened to their horrific stories, stories of a man with guns, and of their first-grade teacher, Mrs. Soto.

“We can’t go back to school,” one little boy said. “Our teacher is dead.”

Rosen, 69, sheltered these kids, who somehow escaped the fate of 20 of their peers in the tragic Sandy Hook school shooting, and called their distressed parents. Now, he’s being harassed by conspiracy theorists who claim the Sandy Hook shooting never happened.

The Sandy Hook Truther Movement, like so many conspiracy theories before it, weaves trivial details together to create a thin — but for some, believable — tale of fraud perpetrated to nefarious ends by the U.S. government. There’s Emilie Parker, a 6-year-old girl killed in the shooting, who Sandy Hook Truthers insist never died. Or Dawn Hochsprung, Sandy Hook’s principal, who was gunned down by shooter Adam Lanza, but was later apparently quoted in the Newtown Bee.

Then there’s the cast of suspicious characters: parents of those killed, witnesses and community members — many of whom the Truthers say are paid actors. Truthers claim that Rosen, a retired psychologist, was paid by the government for his emotional television interviews. They say he is a card-carrying member of the Screen Actors Guild (the Gene Rosen who is a SAG member is actually 62), that he changed his story, that he needed to be reminded of his lines. One video‘s description even accuses Rosen of “pedo under-tones.”

He told Salon he didn’t know how to handle the barrage of harassing calls and emails accusing him of fraud, or the websites pointing out alleged proof he’s part of a hoax.

“I’m getting hang-up calls, I’m getting some calls, I’m getting emails with, not direct threats, but accusations that I’m lying, that I’m a crisis actor, ‘how much am I being paid?’”

For a man whose son went to Sandy Hook and who’s grandson is 8 years old, it’s all too much. Though Rosen said he is a staunch believer in free speech, he can’t believe how bold the Truthers have become with their outlandish claims.

“There must be some way to morally shame these people.”

#2 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I looked at some of these theroies.

They are matching up what appears to be random photos of people and saying "these are the same person"  They don't even look alike.

Then they show video of a guy being put into the FRONT seat of a police car.  They say this was a 2nd shooter.  Turns out it was the father of a student there who was just asking questions, so the police interviewed him. 

Then one of the kids fathers is caught smiling on camera.   Not the proper way to grieve according to truthers

With all of the confusion in the 1st half hour, they are taking every nugget of information as gospel truth.

Then they can't figure out what the coverup is.

Did 26 people die?  Some say yes, that Obrahma had them killed.  Some say no, it was a giant hoax.

These people make me ill.

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Common sense alone tells one the official story does not add up.  However, that does not make harassing someone right.  I would also expect people's definition of harassment varies.  Is it only harassment if the person asking questions does not believe your story or is it still harassment when repeatedly telling your story to those who do believe?

Yeah, I am currently disgusted with our mainstream media reporting outlets.

#4 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Nothing wrong with wanting to know the truth but there's no need to harass folks who were there trying to help

#5 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

What doesn't add up?

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Common sense alone tells one the official story does not add up.  

Which is why nutter bars should take more caution in accusing people and making threats and being harrassing. It only adds problems to those who have legitimate concerns about the official story.

#7 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

IMO the only things that don't add up, so to speak, is the ability of the media to put things out via twiiter, or blogs, that had not been fact checked one little bit.

2nd and 3rd shooters? -- misinformation

AR-15 in trunk?  No, that was a shotgun

a kid saying that a second shooter was in police custody? yeah, didn't happen that way

a school nurse saying that the shooter's mother worked at the school?  Yeah, sorry her statement wasn't ready for a court room, right after 26 people were murdered.

#8 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Common sense alone tells one the official story does not add up.  However, that does not make harassing someone right.  I would also expect people's definition of harassment varies.  Is it only harassment if the person asking questions does not believe your story or is it still harassment when repeatedly telling your story to those who do believe?

Yeah, I am currently disgusted with our mainstream media reporting outlets.

No, It is harrassment when you bombard the person with calls, emails etc. calling him a liar.

If it was "a" person asking, OK fine, but it is hundreds of people.

Not to mention all of the websites that have been created that call this person's credibility into question.

#9 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Which is why nutter bars should take more caution in accusing people and making threats and being harrassing. It only adds problems to those who have legitimate concerns about the official story.

This is what I'm saying. ^^^

Someone wants to espouse crackpot bullshit?  Go for it.  They can spew ridiculous theories 'til they're passed out naked on the bathroom floor, covered in bits of foil and with a belly button full of sticky speculations, for all I care.  But when they start haranguing some poor person who was involved with or heavily affected by such a tragedy, and is still GRIEVING, then they are complete worthless shitbags. 

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

There is more, but i have absolutely no desire to go through it. It wasn't just the media that was making inconsistemcies in the story, or omissions, or otherwise.

#11 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

I have seen a lot of the questions.   IMO that is all there is questions.  Even after they are given answers (like the photo of the dead girl sitting with Obama) they don't take the answer, but keep on spewing the false info.

#12 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

IMO the only things that don't add up, so to speak, is the ability of the media to put things out via twiiter, or blogs, that had not been fact checked one little bit.

2nd and 3rd shooters? -- misinformation

AR-15 in trunk?  No, that was a shotgun

a kid saying that a second shooter was in police custody? yeah, didn't happen that way

a school nurse saying that the shooter's mother worked at the school?  Yeah, sorry her statement wasn't ready for a court room, right after 26 people were murdered.

how do you know these answers?

#13 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

how do you know these answers?

because facts came out after all of the initial confusion.

The 2nd shooter?  a Mr Manfredi(sp?)-  The father of a student at the school.  Which is more far fetched.  The local police letting this guy go infront of hundreds of people, or that he may have been a concerned parent?

The weapon used was a .223, according to the ME.  Was this guy lying?  to what end?  The video of the police pulling a gun from the trunk is blurry at best.  Why does anyone think it is an AR-15.

Believing the statements made immediatly after 26 people have been murdered?  As to what happened?  By "eye witnesses"?   Have you ever seen demonstations on when someone runs into a room, and then quickly leaves, there are as many stoties as there are witnesses. 

As far as the mother being an employee at the school. 1st of all, what difference does it make? 2nd, I don't trust the source of the original statement, based on a person blurting something out in the middle of a disaster.

Emilie Parker?  Is she dead or alive?  Perhaps some truther can dig her up to prove she really died.

IMO, people are reacting to stories that were heard 2nd and 3rd hand at the time of the crisis.

And I don't believe, for a second, and of the stuff about websites created BEFORE the incident.  I certainly don't understand Google's methology of displaying search records, and I'm pretty sure the guy that threw up this therory doesn't either.

Again, ask all the questions you want.  Just don't call Mr Rosen's house to call him a liar.

#14 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

I haven't called anyone a liar and certainly wouldn't harass anyone on this.  I haven't taken the time to research any of this, and quite honestly, probably never will.  Was just curious how you feel so confident on your answers.

Is Mr. Manredi the one they chased through the woods?

Although blurry, the gun pulled out of the trunk does not look like a shotgun to me.  In the end, it doesn't really matter though as everyone is convinced the killing was done with an AR by the media.

#15 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I haven't called anyone a liar and certainly wouldn't harass anyone on this.  I haven't taken the time to research any of this, and quite honestly, probably never will.  Was just curious how you feel so confident on your answers.

Is Mr. Manredi the one they chased through the woods?

Although blurry, the gun pulled out of the trunk does not look like a shotgun to me.  In the end, it doesn't really matter though as everyone is convinced the killing was done with an AR by the media.

Sorry, I wasn't calling you out for calling Mr Rosen a liar, but rather the original post in this thread.  There are people calling Mr Rosen a liar.  Calling his house, etc.

Yes, Mr Manfredi (i know that is not the exact spelling of his name, but it is close) was the guy in the woods.  The big theory video that I saw was questioning why this guy got special treatment by sitting in the FRONT of the police car.

I also have no idea what the weapon in the trunk was.  My point being the ME said that the students died from .223 bullets.  Why would anyone think otherwise?  Sure he could be lying, but why would he?

#16 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I also have no idea what the weapon in the trunk was.  My point being the ME said that the students died from .223 bullets.  Why would anyone think otherwise?  Sure he could be lying, but why would he?

because it's becoming harder and harder to believe anything conveyed through media.  Although, I do understand it was a direct statement from the source.

#17 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Most of these conspiracy theorist see men in black behind every corner and every news story. They're paranoid, period. Anyone with imovie can flash pictures on a youtube video and narrate it to their delusions. The truth is, we know people who live in Newtown and whose children attend Sandy Hook Elementary school. Emilie Parker and Charlotte Bacon were good friends with a colleagues daughter and now they're dead, murdered in the worst way. I'm sorry Emilie's little sisters look like her and (how bizzarre :rolleyes: ) one of them wore her older sisters dress to a press conference. Anyone who has been through this sort of horror will be in shock for a good few days/weeks/months ... people in shock do not behave in the way we want/expect them to, real life is not a movie. Good G-d, get a grip people.

Some very good friends of ours have been shaken to the core by what happened in their tiny town. I'm digusted by the idea that a hero in that town is being harrassed and parents who have experienced the worse kind of loss are being judged for their shock responses. Therapy is just not enough for these conspiracy freaks.

#18 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I agree LF.  Perhaps it is harder to believe anything most of what comes via news sources, but that doesn't mean that you believe some guy making youtube videos either.

To think that a conspiracy of this scale would happen, for what? stronger gun control? What?  Hunderds of people involved from parents, to first responders, to medical examiners, to local and state police are all in on a conspiracy?  Please. 

#19 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yes, what could possibly a motive???  It's just so fucking stupid.

#20 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yes, what could possibly a motive???  It's just so fucking stupid.

Yeah, I'm silly like that.  I think that for a crime to be committed, there has to be means, motive and opportunity.  I don't see a motive for a massive coverup.  If you are gonna tell me that the motive of slaughtering 26 people was so Obrahama could take away your guns, I would suggest that your tin foil hat is a little too tight

#21 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I forget, what is the theory of Mr. Lanzas's motive?

#22 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I forget, what is the theory of Mr. Lanzas's motive?

Mr Lanza may have had a million motives, but those secrets died with him.   What is the motive for a giant conspiracy that would involve HUNDREDS of people?

Sorry, but US Criminal law defines the three aspects of a crime. I would venture that maybe Mr Lanza had voices, or maybe Jesus told him. Or maybe he thought he was doing the right thing. But that is a far cry for hundreds of people having a motive to be involved with a conspiracy

#23 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,829 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Mr. Lanza's motive? If I had to guess, it was simply that it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. 

#24 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

The internet has given the soda can-filled shopping cart crazies crowd an outlet to spread their idiotic bullshit. Nothing more.

These are the same people who think we are microchipped at birth and that tv sets beam mind control waves into your brain...though Fox News comes close.

#25 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

http://www.ijreview....wtown-shooting/

NBC Admitted: No ‘Assault Rifle’ Used in Newtown Shooting

When the president surrounds himself with children while giving his announcement that reasonable gun control measures are necessary, bear in mind that those ‘assault rifles‘ the government is sure to be going after were not even used in the Newton, Connecticut elementary shooting. As NBC admits in the video above, four handguns were used to carry out that despicable atrocity. This directly contradicts other reports.

Pete Williams, who is NBC’s chief Justice correspondent, reported the following in the video posted above:

This continues to be a very complex investigation and there is a lot of contradictory information out there, but we have some new information this morning (one month ago) from a couple of federal officials and state officials.

They say now that there were actuallyfour handguns inside the school, not just two as we were initially told. Four handguns and apparently onlyhandguns that were taken into the school.

We knew that Adam Lanza, the man said to be the gunman here, also had an ‘assault-style’ AR-15 -style rifle that he had had taken to the school, it was in the car he drove there, his mother’s car, but we have been told by several officials that he had left that in the car.

The correspondent makes it clear over and over again that he confirmed this information with federal and state officials. Now, a lot of media reports contradict this one, but somebody’s lying. The report that an ‘AR-15-style’ assault rifle was in the trunk of murderer Adam Lanza’s car is up for dispute as well. If one examines footage from police breaking into Lanza’s car, one sees police clearing a round from a “long gun of some type” that does not appear to be ‘AR-15 style’ or ‘assault-style.’

See the contradicting story via video at the link. 

#26 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

there was a rifle in the car, not the AR-15.

#27 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I would classify the reports on the day of the shooting as confusing at best.  It appeared that anytime someone said something, it was printed.  Fact checking did not appear to happen, and the pressure to break a story was great.

The Chief Medical Examiner for CT, who has been with the office for more than 30 years, stated that ALL victims were killed with multiple shots from a .223 long rifle.

I am more apt to believe this man, rather than a reporter who talked to a guy who talked with a guy.

#28 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,479 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Shotgun in car, kids killed by long rifle, i.e ..223, AR15, Bushmaster, Assault type weapon, Rifle, Gun.. All semantics... Tabbooma has very much mellowed later in life but he can tell you he would be more than willing to kick the shit out of any of these conspiracy jokers, would love to see their faces, the expression of getting there assed kicked by a semi old fat guy with glasses ;) Priceless

#29 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

... the expression of getting there assed kicked by a semi old fat guy with glasses ;) Priceless

The key is taking them out quick, before the inevitable heart attack   :D

350x231px-LL-395b8add_TheMoreYouKnow.gif

#30 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,479 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

The key is taking them out quick, before the inevitable heart attack   :D

350x231px-LL-395b8add_TheMoreYouKnow.gif

LOL... ;)

#31 Goose

Goose
  • VibeTribe
  • 605 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I have a couple conspiracy nuts on my facebook. One of them posted "google this license plate number to find out how Obama caused Sandy Hook". There were a lot of pages but they all went back to one kooky page, yet their friends had a lot of comments like "oh the truth is finally out about Obama". Some of this stuff is so crazy, I always wonder why the don't just pick up the phone and blow the lid off of it. One person keeps putting stuff about contrails. She claims, basically, hundreds of thousands of people are involved with the Illuminati to drug us by spraying chemicals from commercial aircraft. Come on, it should be easy to expose this.

#32 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, I have a few of those wackos on my facebook too. the govt is out to get us at every turn. I'm wondering what is so terrible about these people's lives that they think this stuff is happening. Are their friends and family members disappearing in the night, never to be heard from again? Why is just one crazy person effected by the gasses the govt is spraying in the air, but everyone else just goes about their business. Is it dem or rep gasses in the air I wonder? the theories are endless.

#33 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

I think much of it has to do with the constant barrage of fear mongering.  All day, every day, most of the "news" is designed to whip people up into a fervor and keep them frightened of some perceived boogie man.  Faux News and ultracon talk show fans are among the worst.  Those outlets only get ratings by manufacturing false outrage, and they will step over their own Grandmothers to keep that fire hot.

Disgusting, really.  And I can't imagine what it must be like to live your life in constant fear. 

#34 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Spend some years as the parent of a young man who is mandated to sign up for selective service.

#35 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,942 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I was mandated to sign up for Selective Service.   Had a draft card and everything.  Short time later, they abolished the draft.

#36 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

:: prepares to drive 88 mph ::

:funny1:

#37 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

From what I see, some aren't any better than those who would harrass people like Mr. Rosen. Name calling, character assassinations, physical violence. Ah, the hypocracy is absolutely delcious.

#38 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I was mandated to sign up for Selective Service.   Had a draft card and everything.  Short time later, they abolished the draft.

Growing up back then I remember wondering what I'd do if I got picked, luckily I never had to make that decision

#39 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Bovine growth hormone in our milk is creating a population with huge tits. No conspiracy, that's a fact Jack!

#40 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Growing up back then I remember wondering what I'd do if I got picked, luckily I never had to make that decision

Already too old, prolly. Wasn't the age below 45 in the 60s to get picked? :funny1:

#41 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Bovine growth hormone in our milk is creating a population with huge tits. No conspiracy, that's a fact Jack!

i+know+that+feel+brah...+i+have+the+moob

Already too old, prolly. Wasn't the age below 45 in the 60s to get picked? :funny1:

This is why nobody likes you  :fierce:

#42 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

:lol:

#43 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

that's not a conspiracy, it's a farming technique. it's a stupid one, but everything stupid isn't a conspiracy. and yes, it's showing its effects on the bodies of young people.

#44 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I think they couldn't find a musket and tricorner hat big enough for him.

#45 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,826 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

edit: moved to more applicable discussion

#46 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Because they have bigger guns. Plus they are omnipotent. So it's not even possible that it could happen here.

#47 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

People would rather turn a blind eye than admit to being duped.

#48 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,826 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

should have put that in New Mexico thread as I was not referring to Sandy Hook, rather the argument that the govt would never turn against U.S. citizens

#49 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

It's 1993 all over again. 20 years later.