• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...-laws.html?_r=0

ALBANY — Gov.Andrew M. Cuomo and lawmakers agreed on Monday to a broad package of changes to gun laws that would expand the state’s ban on assault weapons and would include new measures to keep guns away from people with mental illnesses.

The state Senate, controlled by a coalition of Republicans and a handful of Democrats, approved the legislative package just after 11 p.m. by a lopsided vote of 43 to 18. The Assembly, where Democrats who have been strongly supportive of gun control have an overwhelming majority, planned to vote on the measure Tuesday.

Approval of the legislation would make New York the first state to act in response to the mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., last month.

Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, had pressed lawmakers to move quickly in response to Newtown, saying, “the people of this state are crying out for help.” And the Legislature proceeded with unusual haste: Monday was the first full day of this year’s legislative session.

“We don’t need another tragedy to point out the problems in the system,” Mr. Cuomo said at a news conference.

“Enough people have lost their lives,” he added. “Let’s act.”

The expanded ban on assault weapons would broaden the definition of such weapons, banning semiautomatic pistols and rifles with detachable magazines and one military-style feature, as well as semiautomatic shotguns with one military-style feature. New Yorkers who already own such guns could keep them but would be required to register them with the state.

“The message out there is so clear after Newtown,” said the Assembly speaker, Sheldon Silver, a Democrat from Manhattan. “To basically eradicate assault weapons from our streets in New York as quickly as possible is something the people of this state want.”

In an acknowledgment that many people have suggested that part of the solution to gun violence is a better government response to mental illness, the legislation includes not only new restrictions on gun ownership, but also efforts to limit access to guns by the mentally ill.

The most significant new proposal would require mental health professionals to report to local mental health officials when they believe that patients are likely to harm themselves or others. Law enforcement would then be authorized to confiscate any firearm owned by a dangerous patient; therapists would not be sanctioned for a failure to report such patients if they acted “in good faith.”

“People who have mental health issues should not have guns,” Mr. Cuomo told reporters. “They could hurt themselves, they could hurt other people.”

But such a requirement “represents a major change in the presumption of confidentiality that has been inherent in mental health treatment,” said Dr. Paul S. Appelbaum, the director of the Division of Law, Ethics, and Psychiatry at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, who said the Legislature should hold hearings on possible consequences of the proposal.

“The prospect of being reported to the local authorities, even if they do not have weapons, may be enough to discourage patients with suicidal or homicidal thoughts from seeking treatment or from being honest about their impulses,” he said.

The legislation would extend and expand Kendra’s Law, which empowers judges to order mentally ill patients to receive outpatient treatment.

And it would require gun owners to keep weapons inaccessible in homes where a resident has been involuntarily committed, convicted of a crime or is the subject of an order of protection.

The legislative package, which Mr. Cuomo said he believed would be “the most comprehensive package in the nation,” would ban any gun magazine that can hold over 7 rounds of ammunition — the current limit is 10 rounds. It would also require background checks of ammunition buyers and automated alerts to law enforcement of high-volume purchases.

The legislation would increase penalties for multiple crimes committed with guns, would require background checks for most private gun sales, and create a statewide gun-registration database.

Senator Jeffrey D. Klein of the Bronx, the leader of an independent faction of Democrats who have allied with the Republicans to control the Senate, said the measure met the goals of many lawmakers.

Read the rest at the link.

the semi-auto handgun ban oversteps Heller, which is the law of the land, and will most likely be overturned.

I also think the whole mental illness thing that went in is RIPE for abuse.

I really need to leave NY. These people running the show are pure fascists. Shouldn't law enforcement also have to relinquish their banned weapons? Or is it just the plebs who are second class citizens?

#2 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Key provisions of the governor’s bill:

• *Expanded definition of ‘assault weapon;’
  • *Recertification (not renewal) of pistol licenses;
  • *Background check on all ammunition purchases;
  • *No Internet purchases of ammo except through a gun dealer;
  • *Registration of currently owned guns defined as ‘assault weapons’ with the state police;
  • *Private sales of long guns will have to go through a dealer for a NICS check;
  • *Limits on the number of cartridges in a magazine to seven (can still possess a ten round magazine; but can load it only with seven rounds);
  • *Pistol license to buy pistol/revolver ammunition … and others.

What was defeated:

• *Confiscation of ten round magazines;
  • *Statewide database on all guns;
  • *Smaller limits on magazine capacity;
  • *Limits on the number of magazines one could possess;
  • *One gun per month purchase limits;
  • *Relicensing of all pistol licensees;
  • *Microstamping;
  • *Mandatory locking and storage of all guns in the home.

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

• *Limits on the number of cartridges in a magazine to seven (can still possess a ten round magazine; but can load it only with seven rounds);

:lmao:

These people are so incredibly fucking stupid.

#4 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

agreed.  

If you get caught with 8 bullets in a clip, you get a misdemeanor charge.  No affect on me, I just fail to see how this does anything to prevent what could be done prior to this new law.  I fail to see how this would prevent what they're trying to prevent (mass killing) as it seems a misdemeanor charge is insignificant to the murder charges.

I do understand that they're trying to phase out 10 rnd clips and is something that needs to be done incrementally.  So that makes sense.

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

None of this will curtail shootings. All it does is turn law abiding citizens into criminals. Meanwhile, law enforcement and reserves are probably exempt.

Now that NY has dropped another ban hammer on items, I wonder how far the feds will go or if the legislation will start going viral in states.

I love how NY politicians havent managed to balance a budget in years, but could put together further law abiding citizen restrictions in just a few short weeks. I seriously need out of NY. This place is a LOLberal shit hole.

#6 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I don't think you are alone in that sentiment.  They just keep making it harder to want to stay.

#7 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

http://open.nysenate...bill/S2230-2013

not gonna post it as it'e very long, but there is the new bill

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I knew I should have bought those couple of guns I wanted when i bought the target gun. I didn't have the money, but i had credit and it would have been worth paying the interest on the card over too.

Oh, well. Maybe I'll just get one off the streets here in NYC.... :lmao:

Dumb fucking legislators. It's flabberghasting they get away with this constant oppression of law abiding citizens, yet can't balance a budget, raise taxes constantly, collude with business to form monopolies, run illegal programs, etc.....

And we all just sit back and complain until we're complacent and then the next encraochment happens. Rinse repeat.

#9 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

None of this will curtail shootings. All it does is turn law abiding citizens into criminals.

#10 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,627 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

And once the law abiding citizens are labeled as criminals they can then be taken away and locked up in order to protect the law abiding citizens

#11 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

This whole thing is so frustrating to me. I can only imagine what someone who has lots of money in firearms is thinking. I'm sure I'll hear about it from my father-in-law. Who's head is probably ready to pop right now.....

#12 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Honestly I don't think this has anything to do with anything other that attempting to propel Cuomo in the political arena.  While there are some things in the bill I agree with, for the most part I believe they are missing the mark.  So much so that it seems this was pushed through before the feds get theirs done.

#13 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yes. it is total political posturing. Especially Cuomo. Who LOLberals are already eyeballing for perhaps a presidential run. These Statists are nothing if not predictable. Of course the law misses the mark. Thatw as never the point though.

it isn't about results, it's about taking action. Results dont matter.

#14 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Here's the NRA's statement:
The National Rifle Association and our New York members are outraged at the draconian gun control bill that was rushed through the process late Monday evening.

Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature orchestrated a secretive end-run around the legislative and democratic process and passed sweeping anti-gun measures with no committee hearings and no public input.

Hammered out in a backroom in Albany, S. 2230 was quickly drafted and released 20 minutes prior to the Senate vote. It passed as the clock ticked toward midnight.

This legislation lowers New York’s arbitrary magazine capacity limit from ten rounds to seven. It also greatly expands the state’s existing ban on commonly owned semi-automatic firearms, and will require New York gun owners to undergo background checks on ammunition purchases.

These gun control schemes have failed in the past and will have no impact on public safety and crime. Sadly, the New York Legislature gave no consideration to that reality. While lawmakers could have taken a step toward strengthening mental health reporting and focusing on criminals, they opted for trampling the rights of law-abiding gun owners in New York, and they did it under a veil of secrecy in the dark of night.

The legislature caved to the political demands of a Governor and helped fuel his personal political aspirations. New York lawmakers have ignored and excluded gun owners throughout this legislative process, but the NRA and our New York members remain committed to having a meaningful conversation about protecting our children and will speak frankly about the lawmakers who have failed to do so.

#15 Shake Yer Bones

Shake Yer Bones
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

You have to be an idiot of the highest order to think these new measures will do anything to prevent events like Newtown and Webster. Passed after having just 20-30 minutes to read the bill, the only thing this does is to make Cuomo and other gun control advocates feel better about themselves. And, as has been said here, it helps set up Cuomo for a run at the White House. 

#16 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

424034_291991350904216_941658604_n.jpg

#17 u.s.blues

u.s.blues
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

424034_291991350904216_941658604_n.jpg

:lol:

#18 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,156 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

You have to be an idiot of the highest order to think these new measures will do anything to prevent events like Newtown and Webster. Passed after having just 20-30 minutes to read the bill, the only thing this does is to make Cuomo and other gun control advocates feel better about themselves. And, as has been said here, it helps set up Cuomo for a run at the White House. 

Agreed this will do nothing to prevent such tragedies.

Interesting side note many of these highly publicized tragedies have eyewitness accounts of multiple shooters that are omitted from the official stories.

#19 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Interesting side note many of these highly publicized tragedies have eyewitness accounts of multiple shooters that are omitted from the official stories.

:popcorn1:

#20 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

:popcorn1:

#21 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I don't know if any of this crap is true, and honestly have not investigated it myself, but there are accusations that sandy hook was staged and used "crisis actors"

http://beforeitsnews...rs-2557294.html

#22 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,224 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

What would be the motivation to do something like that?

#23 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Gun Control.

#24 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,417 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I do not believe that.  I see the resemblances.  

Why would someone make another conspiracy about a horrible tragedy?  

#25 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Because the list of inconsistencies in the official story and narrative have changed over and over again. Both from law enforcement, adn the corporate media. And there are several unanswered questions. Spend the 2:30 hours watching what the citizen in the youtube i posted has to say. He did his homework. When things don't add up, this is what happens. People begin to speculate and do research to find answers.

#26 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

And people don't make conspiracies in these instances, they form theories involving a potential conspiracy.

#27 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,156 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Because the list of inconsistencies in the official story and narrative have changed over and over again. Both from law enforcement, adn the corporate media. And there are several unanswered questions. Spend the 2:30 hours watching what the citizen in the youtube i posted has to say. He did his homework. When things don't add up, this is what happens. People begin to speculate and do research to find answers.

Also check out the eyewitness accounts of multiple perpetrators in the movie theater tragedy that have been omitted from the official record.

Think about the facts we have been presented with, do they really add up?  Not in my way of thinking, must be that new math stuff.

#28 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I've seen some of this on bookface and I just can't get behind it.

Maybe make what's posted above your next documentary choice? Not going to invest 2 1/2 hours right now.

#29 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Do or don't. It's all upon the individual to decide. I'm not making it a doc choice because it's not really something i want to discuss in detail. What i will say, is that if you spend the 2:30 hours, you will come away witha  lot you didn't know about the events of Sandy Hook.

Either way, this one is already becoming a psy-ops dumping ground. Just like any other that doesn't add up and officials dodge answers. We will never know what really went down. But I think it is pretty clear it didn't happen the way the "based on a true story" Corporate Media movie led us to believe.

#30 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,224 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'll wait to see the Lifetime movie before making any decisions one way or the other.

#31 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

watched first 10 minutes. Tim and I are watching your doc choice tomorrow a.m., maybe we'll watch the sandyhook vid after that.

#32 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

:funny1:

#33 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

watched first 10 minutes. Tim and I are watching your doc choice tomorrow a.m., maybe we'll watch the sandyhook vid after that.

It's dry. The man just goes over what we were told, what happened and then includes information released since the official narrative took shape. It's quite revealing if you can get through it.

#34 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,156 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Here is one that is much shorter and not as well done, but it does raise awareness as to some of the discrepancies.  I have watched this one and have less than an hour to go to finish viewing the one TASB posted.

#35 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Just went to the only gun shop in the area (45 min away) that does gun work. Went to have a butt pad fitted to a stock I cut down and it seems they are not doing any more work because they are closing. No gun manufacturers and shipping guns to NY because the new laws are unclear enough that its not worth it to them to potentially ship an illegal gun in state.

#36 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Sounds like a run to PA........

#37 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Seriously though....that's just great. :rolleyes:

#38 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Not worried about a stock. Although I can do it myself, I'd rather pay someone to do it. Losing the few places left in the area to buy sporting goods is what I'm worried about.

#39 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

another tidbit of information.  According to the new law, ammo purchases require a NICS check (background check) that is administered by the FBI.  Well, the FBI told NY to fuck off, NICS checks are for gun purchases only and they are too backlogged to deal with NY bullshit.  (probably not in those words)

#40 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,156 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Wow

#41 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,627 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

It is a tough one to get through, I got about 45 minutes into it and had to give up. Will be checking out the shorter TEO version today

#42 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,156 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

If the police scanner transcript and audio is truth, that certainly puts forth quite a different story from that which has become the "official" story.

#43 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Also, according to the new law, NYCPD officers carrying a duty pistol are violating the law.

#44 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

It is a tough one to get through, I got about 45 minutes into it and had to give up. Will be checking out the shorter TEO version today

Yes, it is direct transcript reporting. it is not flashy with bells and whisltes and cool images. It's the police scanner transcript timelined and adds the media and authority narratives in. It was easy for me to get through because i actually prefer this. A book of what he is laying down would have been ideal.

The one TEO offers is a much different version thant he 2:30 hours of information provided by Brenden Hall.

#45 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

http://www.governor....gun-reforms-faq

This is an easy to follow comprehensive list of changes to the law in NY. IN case there is confusion. 

Here is one of my favorites:

If I modify my gun by removing all design characteristics that makes it an assault weapon, do I have to register it?

A: No. If you modify your gun so that it is not an assault weapon, you do not have to register it. The modification must be permanent however. This includes, for example, removing the bayonet lug by cutting or grinding, grinding off the threads on the barrel, removing the foregrip so that it cannot be readily reattached, or any change that cannot be reversed through reasonable means.

#46 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

http://www.usatoday....tweaks/1845935/

Cuomo, N.Y. Legislature plan to tweak gun law

Lack of an exemption for cops has drawn concern from law enforcement.

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo and the Legislature are expected next week to tweak the state's controversial gun control law, particularly to clarify that the seven-bullet limit does not apply to active-duty police officers.

The lack of an exemption for cops has drawn concern from law enforcement, while free-speech advocates have criticized the law's provision allowing pistol-permit holders to opt out of having their information released publicly.

Cuomo's office said there's a prior law on the books that covers police officers.

"No police officer possessing ammunition clips with more than seven bullets is in violation of the law or guilty of any crime, period," Cuomo spokesman Matt Wing said in an email Friday.

Still, police groups said they were concerned about the new law's language and would work with lawmakers to get clarification.

"It is our belief that the failure to include a law enforcement exemption was an unintentional oversight brought on by the urgent need to take action in light of the Sandy Hook tragedy," the New York City Patrolmen's Benevolent Association said in a statement Thursday.

Media and good-government groups want to see changes in the part of the law that would restrict public access to gun-permit information. The Legislature enacted the opt-out clause after the Journal News, a Gannett Co. Inc., publication, last month posted an interactive map of addresses and names of pistol-permit holders.

The provision allows for privacy exemption for specific reasons, such as being an active or retired police officer, having an order of protection, having been a witness in a criminal proceeding or having been a juror or on a grand jury.

It includes broad language for others seeking an exemption, such as if the applicant "has reason to believe his or her life or safety may be endangered by disclosure" or "may be subject to unwarranted harassment."

Susan Lerner, executive director of Common Cause, said the provision is too broad and would lessen the public's ability to hold government accountable for its permitting process. She said she doesn't oppose some opt-out provisions for police or domestic-violence victims, but the law should be narrower.

"There is a public responsibility in being licensed, and secondly, it's very important that government should be transparent to the public," Lerner said.

Bob Freeman, the executive director of the state Commission on Open Government, said Wednesday he had no issue with the new law.

The Radio-Television Digital News Association said the information should remain public.

"This is clearly a wild overreaction to the decision to publish the names," said Mike Cavender, the group's executive director, in a statement. "Closing off public records is an excessive and inappropriate response, and we respectfully urge Governor Cuomo and New York legislators to restore the public's access to this information."

The public has reacted strongly to the publishing of the names and addresses by the Journal News. County clerks in Westchester and Rockland said they have been inundated with calls from the public wanting to opt out of the public disclosure.

"That article put a certain amount of fear in a lot of people, and now that it's out and it's still up, I wish they would take it down," said Paul Piperato, the Rockland County clerk.

Westchester County Clerk Tim Idoni said he hasn't called for the information to be removed, but described a influx of panicked calls from 400 to 500 residents in recent days.

The law requires State Police to create a form within 30 days that permit-holders can use to opt-out of public disclosure. Then, residents would have 60 days to file the forms with counties.

Idoni said he plans to mail a copy of the form to every permit-holder, rather than post it on the county website, because of the volume of concerned citizens.

"People want to talk about themselves -- how scared they are, why they need to opt out," Idoni said. "I would hope that everybody would have an equal opportunity to be able to do it."

Idoni said there has been record interest recently in obtaining pistol permits. Sixty to 70 applications for permits are coming in daily in Westchester, compared to five, typically, Idoni said.

The Monroe County clerk's office has received 406 applications so far this year, compared with 158 this time last year.

Clerk Cheryl DiNolfo said the office has received about three times as many visitors than normal in recent days, with most inquiring about the opt-out clause or a pistol-permit application.

"We have not really seen during my tenure this many people in our office at any one time on a single issue," she said.

#47 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Why would police need more than 7 rounds if citizens in NY can not have them? Are they afraid that criminals will still have/use mags with more than 7 rounds?

#48 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

http://www.wetmtv.co...HFI0UdsdRg.cspx

Area Sheriffs React To New York Gun Laws

(WETM 18 News) -  Two area Sheriff's are making statements after reviewing Governor Cuomo's New York Safe Act that was passed in law. 

Schuyler County Sheriff Bill Yessman released a statement on the Schuyler County Facebook page. 

He says, "I have heard from many people over the past few days regarding New York's new gun law. I want to assure every resident of Schuyler County, that neither myself, nor any Deputy Sheriff from the Schuyler County Sheriff's Office will be coming to take your firearms from you. I believe in our rights under the Second Amendment, and the protections or our citizens under the Fourth Amendment. I do support portions of the new law such as penalties for killing our First Responders, and protecting our schools. This law was rushed through the State Legislature, without the time period needed for rebuttal and discussion by both sides of the issue. I hope that the way that this law was presented and passed, isn't the new "norm" in Albany. I want to thank our local representatives Senator Tom O'Mara and Assemblyman Phil Palmesano for voting "No" and protecting our rights. "

Steuben County Sheriff David Cole says "Violence usually occurs with illegally possessed firearms and long guns, not legally registered weapons in the hands of law abiding citizens. These laws will now make it so thousands and thousands of law abiding citizens, who go to work, pay their taxes, and concerned about their children's future, will now be considered criminals if they choose to stand up for the Second Amendment Rights guaranteed under the US Constitution."

#49 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

Wait, maybe Cuomo will ban cutlery next?

http://www.people.co...93463-20709264/

and...

in the U.K.   seriously?

428248_480194548684718_32412635_n.jpg

#50 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,993 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Maybe they'll ban garbage bags next