'We need more Revenue...'

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#51 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Well, that is just like, your opinion, man.

#52 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

His slogan was "yes we can" and in so, it gets a good solid mocking.

missionAccomplished.jpg

#53 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I answered the question. He's the president. We only have one at a time. Nobody was calling YOU out, dude. If you have some type of affliction over your vote choice, it isn't due to me mocking the presidents dumb fuckery or his slogan. It's your thing, man. Not mine.

I never said anything about anyone's personal choice to vote for Obama. That is what YOU brought to the thread. His slogan was "yes we can" and in so, it gets a good solid mocking.

So other threads, where we had this discussion that anyone who votes for whomever is ultimately responsible for the elected officials actions.

Those do not count, especially when there is overwhelming implications on a daily basis.

It is not my panties, it is my thong.

:rolleyes:

#54 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

That was his slogan in 2008, not in 2012.

So how is this relevant?

#55 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

How is any of your derailment discussion relevant to the OP?

You got uptight over the use of the slgan, took it personal and now you have some type of point to prove. If you're having voter remorse, I don't blame you. I'll also keep it in mind. None of this has anything to do with the original post though.

Which was about the president raising taxes on all federal tax payers and then two weeks later in his laying down stuff for the next term, he's asking for more revenue.

#56 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

And couldn't bring himself to make even one cut to spending. :lmao:

#57 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

No new taxes!  (remember that crock?)

#58 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

missionAccomplished.jpg

He was the decider.

#59 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

And you'll notice I've laughed right in post one. If anything, I thought this was funny. But apparently we've got some members who have buyers remorse.

#60 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

How is any of your derailment discussion relevant to the OP?

You got uptight over the use of the slgan, took it personal and now you have some type of point to prove. If you're having voter remorse, I don't blame you. I'll also keep it in mind. None of this has anything to do with the original post though.

Which was about the president raising taxes on all federal tax payers and then two weeks later in his laying down stuff for the next term, he's asking for more revenue.

I do not have voters remorse, do you not remember why I voted for who I did?

Most people who visit this board are on the left side of the aisle, which is why I think it is a veiled shot or reminder to everyone that they voted for this guy.  You can say it is not, but it is a every day reminder/flogging.

I got uptight because it is tired.  Come up with something new.  Be original.  I am just stating that it is getting tired, but if it makes you happy, go on and but your slogan should be "I did nothing, but keep on listening to me, because I know better".

#61 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

That is so 1992.

But only the current president lies.

#62 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

And you'll notice I've laughed right in post one. If anything, I thought this was funny. But apparently we've got some members who have buyers remorse.

Connecting those dots, does not always work.

Backfire.

#63 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

That is so 1992.

At this point I am pretty well convinced they have all lied for many years.

#64 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,432 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

That is so 1992.

I don't think anyone is saying presidents don't lie but just because they all do it doesn't mean it should be accepted without calling them on it. 

Remember the "Bush lied people died" meme that was so popular? Should that whole Iraq thing be written off simply because they all lie?

#65 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

You can't be a politician and get elected without making promises (lying) you know you'll never be able to keep.

#66 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I don't think anyone is saying presidents don't lie but just because they all do it doesn't mean it should be accepted without calling them on it. 

Remember the "Bush lied people died" meme that was so popular? Should that whole Iraq thing be written off simply because they all lie?

The size of the lie obviously does matter.

But What matters more?

War or more money out of your pocket?

It all depends on who you are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TASB, this thread had no one responding before my "here we go again".   

Which was me using your signature, against your tired use of "Yes we can".

#67 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

You can't be a politician and get elected without making promises (lying) you know you'll never be able to keep.

I do not have voters remorse, do you not remember why I voted for who I did?

Most people who visit this board are on the left side of the aisle, which is why I think it is a veiled shot or reminder to everyone that they voted for this guy.  You can say it is not, but it is a every day reminder/flogging.

I got uptight because it is tired.  Come up with something new.  Be original.  I am just stating that it is getting tired, but if it makes you happy, go on and but your slogan should be "I did nothing, but keep on listening to me, because I know better".

Like I said, it's ALL you, dude.

I'm not asking anyone to listen to me. I'm pointing out what the president said. It's veiled shot at nothing. If you dont like it, dont read it. No one is forcing you to read my threads, or respond to them. This just sounds like you being a sour puss and not wanting to hear what the president is saying. Sounds a lot like voters remorse.

And as Ive stated before why I dont participate. It sounds like you have a thinly veiled attempt to tell me if I dont vote, I cant complain. To that I say, yeah. No. I can and will.

#68 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Here we are electing politician's when what we need are leaders.

#69 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I'm not asking anyone to listen to me. I'm pointing out what the president said. It's veiled shot at nothing. If you dont like it, dont read it. No one is forcing you to read my threads, or respond to them. This just sounds like you being a sour puss and not wanting to hear what the president is saying. Sounds a lot like voters remorse.

And as Ive stated before why I dont participate. It sounds like you have a thinly veiled attempt to tell me if I dont vote, I cant complain. To that I say, yeah. No. I can and will.

Like I said, it is TIRED.  

I added the veiled shot because I stated twice now that I do not have voters remorse, but you keep going there.  

I gave you the thought process, but nope, gotta be something voter remorse.

So, keep connecting the dots incorrectly even though you have been informed,  I try and be cordial, and understand your points, but when I make a point it doesn't matter because I am wrong somehow.  All I ask for is the same.

#70 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Jeebus. Well, thanks for the useless drama about how you think I'm attacking you because I mocked Obama and you voted for him. Talk about "connecting the dots incorrectly". And thanks for your opinion on how you feel something is tired. It's duly noted. Not that it means anything.

100903HappyDays1.jpg

#71 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

That highlighted portion is the point, I want to engage in actual political discussion so I frequent this section of the board more.  To be more informed, and have adult conversations about touch complex issues.

That means I try and read almost everything.  

I started my first response to this thread with here we go again, your signature, because that is all you keep doing, repeating some derivative of a 2008 election slogan tirelessly.

Rip the president or anything all you want, just please I beg of you, be original.

#72 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Here we are electing politician's when what we need are leaders.

Does anyone have the balls to be a real leader anymore, or is the almighty dollar trumping everything? 

#73 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

That highlighted portion is the point, I want to engage in actual political discussion so I frequent this section of the board more.  To be more informed, and have adult conversations about touch complex issues.

That means I try and read almost everything.  

I started my first response to this thread with here we go again, your signature, because that is all you keep doing, repeating some derivative of a 2008 election slogan tirelessly.

Rip the president or anything all you want, just please I beg of you, be original.

Yes we can!

#74 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

here we go again

#75 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Does anyone have the balls to be a real leader anymore, or is the almighty dollar trumping everything? 

Greed appears to be the current almighty.

#76 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Pink Floyd - Money.

#77 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

:lol:

#78 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Greed appears to be the current almighty.

Capitalism at it's best.   :rolleyes:

#79 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

why do you hate humans?

#80 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Cuz people suck

#81 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

A lot of people hold that sentiment. It's strange though that a lot of the ones I know who hate humans adn human action, also have strong feelings about things like the Newton murders. People suck, so shouldn't we be at least neutral of such events?

#82 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Some humans suck, no doubt.  But some people make the world worth it.

#83 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

If only we could just weed them out. With overpopulation such a concern, we should be finding ways to irradicate lives we may find as "the suck".

#84 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

A lot of people hold that sentiment. It's strange though that a lot of the ones I know who hate humans adn human action, also have strong feelings about things like the Newton murders. People suck, so shouldn't we be at least neutral of such events?

Shit like the Newtown murders have been going on forever.

Why is this worse than any other atrocity in human history?

#85 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

If only we could just weed them out. With overpopulation such a concern, we should be finding ways to irradicate lives we may find as "the suck".

Who will be The Decider? 

#86 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

It's isn't. But with all the knee jerk reacting and crying foul going on, you'd think it was. But then these same types will complain about overpopulation, resource scarcity, etc...

It's like a mountain of conflicting ideas.

#87 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Such is human nature.

#88 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

The Bath School disaster is the historical name of the violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927 in Bath Township, Michigan that killed 38 elementary school children and six adults, and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe first killed his wife, fire-bombed his farm and set off a major explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committingsuicide by detonating a final explosion in his truck. It is the deadliest mass murder in a school in United States history.[1]

Andrew Kehoe, the 55-year-old school board treasurer, was angry after his defeat in the spring 1926 election for township clerk. He was thought to have planned his "murderous revenge" after that public defeat and he had a reputation for difficulty on the school board and in personal dealings. In addition, in June 1926 he was notified that his mortgage was going to be foreclosed.[2]For much of the next year, a neighbor noticed Kehoe had stopped working on his farm and thought he might be planning suicide. During that period, Kehoe purchased explosives and discreetly planted them on his property and under the school.

Kehoe's wife was ill with tuberculosis, he had stopped making mortgage payments, and he was under pressure for foreclosure. Some time between May 16 and the morning of May 18, 1927, Kehoe murdered his wife by hitting her on the head with a blunt object. On the morning of May 18 at about 8:45 a.m., he set off various incendiary devices on his homestead that caused the house and other farm buildings to be destroyed by the explosives' blast and subsequent fires.

Almost simultaneously, an explosion devastated the north wing of the school building, killing many schoolchildren. Kehoe had used a timed detonator to ignite hundreds of pounds of dynamiteand incendiary pyrotol, which he had secretly planted inside the school over the course of many months. As rescuers began working at the school, Kehoe drove up, stopped, and used a rifle to detonate dynamite inside his shrapnel-filled truck, killing himself, the school superintendent, and several others nearby, as well as injuring more bystanders. During rescue efforts at the school, searchers discovered an additional 500 pounds (230 kg) of unexploded dynamite and pyrotol connected to a timing device set to detonate at the same time as the first explosions; the material was hidden throughout the basement of the south wing. Kehoe had apparently intended to blow up and destroy the entire school.

http://en.wikipedia....School_disaster

#89 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Who will be The Decider? 

The darwin awards.

#90 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I don't think TASB wants to wait that long.

#91 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,353 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well, if we're going to get the party where the mob decides who goes to the hangin ropes next, or who gets the whipping based on rulers, then i say we get going. No time like the present. The slow slide into it is killing me with anticipation to see which group gets thrown in the dungeon next.