The Virus has set in... I am already redoing my "To Bring" list for 2013

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

It started back in the late Fall. I would check the Vibes' web site and forums to see what was shaking.

Closer to Christmas I start looking for word on dates and tickets sales. I check my GotVs bank account (ING) to make sure it has grown since post previous Vibes tripp. Word on the boards is "Soon", and sure as the Sun rises in the East, Early Bird tickets go on sale the next day!

Now, the virus has moved to its next stage: Super Early Preparedness. With an increasing Vibe's fever I pull up the Vibes Spreadsheet. A tab for my packing list (with columns for location and if I need to buy more/it), Food List and Menu Plan, Calendar for days just prior (gas up vehicle, make sure to set up security system, what food to prep, shopping, etc...), and the last tab leads me to the next stage of the Vibes Flu... Music to see.

This will kick in about a month from now. It starts with casual Boardie surfing to see what others are hoping for. Soon after, I am looking on various artists websites to see if they will be in the Northeast around the time of the Vibes. Rumors start to run amok ("My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw (Insert wanted band). I guess it's pretty serious."). Before you know it my wife is considering an intervention because of my constant worrying about who is playing at the Vibes.

Word comes that the Vibes are gonna announce the bands! I'm usually at work when this event happens, so my iPhone must be fully charged to handle the constant refreshing of the Vibe's band announcement web page. Refresh... refresh... refresh... and with the list of bands my fever is all consuming.

In the days leading up the Vibes, I get what many call "The Pre-Vibes Jitters". I almost feel sick to my stomach. It's this odd mix of feeling of incredible excitement and yet some strange feeling of the tension I can only describe as watching a balloon get blown up, knowing that at some point the pressure will build to the point where the structural integrity of the thin membrane will fail and the balloon burst open with a loud pop!

The fever only breaks once I have my campsite set up. Not getting to the car-line in Bridgeport, not getting my Vibes bracelet, not getting me vehicle checked (though I do love this part), not even when I take that most awesome of drives along the sea wall on my way down to Boardie Land. Once the campsite is set up a Zen-like calm comes over me. I made it. THIS IS GOING TO BE LEGEND... 

wait for it...

...DARY!

#2 happypixie

happypixie
  • VibeTribe
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

:) this made me smile Love it! And I thought we were the only ones that had a spread sheet :) We email it back and forth to tweek it and see who is bringing what...what we used what we did not, what we wished we had! But you hit it one the head!! And once the announcements happen I feel for the women I work with because that is all they hear about. 

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Now I am excited  :crazy:

#4 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Now I am excited   :crazy:

Teo excited? No no. Teo is the exciter!

#5 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

:) this made me smile Love it! And I thought we were the only ones that had a spread sheet :) We email it back and forth to tweek it and see who is bringing what...what we used what we did not, what we wished we had! But you hit it one the head!! And once the announcements happen I feel for the women I work with because that is all they hear about. 

My coworkers have no idea what I am talking about, either!

I talk with my kids a lot about it (two girls, 5 (soon to be 6) and 10). They went for the 1st time with me last year. They had an awesome time! I was so psyched to bring them and we spent a lot of time in the kid's area. I cannot say enough good things about the people in the kid's area! The music is awesome! The family area is great! The vendors rule (we same a little cash cause we know we will see great stuff). The sea wall and beach is majestic. But the creme-de-la-creme? The other people. Everyone is friendly and nice. Like one big family. Gotta make sure I bring something cool for all of the kids in family camping this year.

#6 Indigo Adventurer

Indigo Adventurer
  • VibeTribe
  • 344 posts
  • Locationin the hearts and minds of many

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

My coworkers have no idea what I am talking about, either!

I talk with my kids a lot about it (two girls, 5 (soon to be 6) and 10). They went for the 1st time with me last year. They had an awesome time! I was so psyched to bring them and we spent a lot of time in the kid's area. I cannot say enough good things about the people in the kid's area! The music is awesome! The family area is great! The vendors rule (we same a little cash cause we know we will see great stuff). The sea wall and beach is majestic. But the creme-de-la-creme? The other people. Everyone is friendly and nice. Like one big family. Gotta make sure I bring something cool for all of the kids in family camping this year.

This is great to hear! (Not that I didn't think this would be the case anyways :wink2: ) Hubbs (cloudstastemetallic though he tends to lurk on here rather than post) and I are planning to bring our little one Gerina to Vibes 2014 if all goes well this year for us. I didn't think it was possible to wedge any more excitement into me at this stage of the game but yes, apparently it is! I have already begun my list though I didn't think to spreadsheet it, before I usually go to a festival I have a tattered piece of paper with so many scribbles and side notes you need a masters degree in the inner machinations of my mind to decipher it. (hell I don't even have that!!)

I love how this is written by the way- I can tell you've got a great wit about you- do you write regularly??

#7 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,779 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

It started back in the late Fall. I would check the Vibes' web site and forums to see what was shaking.

Closer to Christmas I start looking for word on dates and tickets sales. I check my GotVs bank account (ING) to make sure it has grown since post previous Vibes tripp. Word on the boards is "Soon", and sure as the Sun rises in the East, Early Bird tickets go on sale the next day!

Now, the virus has moved to its next stage: Super Early Preparedness. With an increasing Vibe's fever I pull up the Vibes Spreadsheet. A tab for my packing list (with columns for location and if I need to buy more/it), Food List and Menu Plan, Calendar for days just prior (gas up vehicle, make sure to set up security system, what food to prep, shopping, etc...), and the last tab leads me to the next stage of the Vibes Flu... Music to see.

This will kick in about a month from now. It starts with casual Boardie surfing to see what others are hoping for. Soon after, I am looking on various artists websites to see if they will be in the Northeast around the time of the Vibes. Rumors start to run amok ("My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw (Insert wanted band). I guess it's pretty serious."). Before you know it my wife is considering an intervention because of my constant worrying about who is playing at the Vibes.

Word comes that the Vibes are gonna announce the bands! I'm usually at work when this event happens, so my iPhone must be fully charged to handle the constant refreshing of the Vibe's band announcement web page. Refresh... refresh... refresh... and with the list of bands my fever is all consuming.

In the days leading up the Vibes, I get what many call "The Pre-Vibes Jitters". I almost feel sick to my stomach. It's this odd mix of feeling of incredible excitement and yet some strange feeling of the tension I can only describe as watching a balloon get blown up, knowing that at some point the pressure will build to the point where the structural integrity of the thin membrane will fail and the balloon burst open with a loud pop!

The fever only breaks once I have my campsite set up. Not getting to the car-line in Bridgeport, not getting my Vibes bracelet, not getting me vehicle checked (though I do love this part), not even when I take that most awesome of drives along the sea wall on my way down to Boardie Land. Once the campsite is set up a Zen-like calm comes over me. I made it. THIS IS GOING TO BE LEGEND...

wait for it...

...DARY!

THIS is a great post and echoes SO MANY of our feelings! every day is just one day closer to vibes! :crazy:

#8 laylalime

laylalime
  • VibeTribe
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

I'm in the "searching for artists, waiting for rumors" stage right now!

Can't wait til July!!!

#9 IT_Buzz

IT_Buzz
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

I love how this is written by the way- I can tell you've got a great wit about you- do you write regularly??

No, I just work in IT.