#1 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

British Government Memos Tie Iraq Invasion to Big Oil

Posted on Apr 18, 2011

U.S. Army / Luke Thornberry

Demonstrators in cities around the world chanted “No Blood for Oil” as a Western invasion of Iraq became more and more likely in 2002.

Memos obtained under the U.K.’s Freedom of Information rules confirm some of the fiercest critiques by the war’s opponents. They detail arrangements made between the British government and the world’s largest oil companies, orchestrating trades of access to oil and gas for military commitment.

The Independent reported, “Five months before the March 2003 invasion, Baroness Symons, then the Trade Minister, told BP that the Government believed British energy firms should be given a share of Iraq’s enormous oil and gas reserves as a reward for Tony Blair’s military commitment to US plans for regime change.

“The papers show that Lady Symons agreed to lobby the Bush administration on BP’s behalf because the oil giant feared it was being ‘locked out’ of deals that Washington was quietly striking with US, French and Russian governments and their energy firms.”

Former President George W. Bush and Blair have been adamant in maintaining that Iraq’s natural resources did not factor into their decision-making, as have BP and other energy companies. —KDG

http://www.truthdig....g_oil_20110418/

#2 Drop_o_Rain

Drop_o_Rain

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:20 PM

ya! good thing their effing plan worked and we have such a great amount of oil that we aren't paying $4 a gallon!

#3 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:25 PM

Posted Image

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

:yawn:

Welcome to 2003. :lol:

I'm sure there are a bunch of people that still want to believe we did it for "democracy" though.... :lol:

#5 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

:yawn:

Welcome to 2003. :lol:

I'm sure there are a bunch of people that still want to believe we did it for "democracy" though.... :lol:

Libya on the other hand, now THAT is all about democracy :wink:

#6 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

ya! good thing their effing plan worked and we have such a great amount of oil that we aren't paying $4 a gallon!

Yeah, right? Ugh.

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

Libya on the other hand, now THAT is all about democracy :wink:

Nope. They dubbed this one "a humanitarian crisis". :lol:

I'm over it. I'm simply looking for my way out....before this modern day Rome completely implodes.

#8 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:52 PM

WMDs. It was all about the WMDs.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f_tFKa2_YBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#9 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

I'm over it. I'm simply looking for my way out....before this modern day Rome completely implodes.

My advice to you...

Posted Image

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

College, Jack Daniels or jackass, joker?? :funny1:

#11 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,646 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

College, Jack Daniels or jackass, joker?? :funny1:

yes

#12 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

TV, Newspapers, Congress Apologize for Claiming War Not About Oil

#13 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

So, they lie us into a multibillion dollar a year war and then hold a conference apologising???

OFF WITH ALL OF THEIR HEADS!!!!! :joker:

How can anyone going forward trust a single word uttered out of any of these liars mouths going forward is beyond me. I am SOOOOOO over this country and its atrocious crimes committed in the name of humanity and democracy, utilizing my tax dollars to do so. The whole nation should be revolting over this.

"willfully ignorant."

#14 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

vote democrat:rolleyes:

#15 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

TV, Newspapers, Congress Apologize for Claiming War Not About Oil

did they pull this from the onion or something?

#16 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

vote democrat:rolleyes:

The 2 party system is broken. This isn't even a democratic republic any longer. Hasn't been in many years. what we have here is a plutocracy. A global plutocracy at that.

"Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care..."

#17 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

corporatocracy

#18 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

:joker:

Why do I even bother getting worked up about this stuff any longer?? :lol:

))))strong moral convictions((((

#19 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

it's a slow process, but something's got to give

#20 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

it's a slow process, but something's got to give

Yeah, what is going to give in this scenario is that the people are going to give the elitists the rest of everything and live like good sheeple in total enslavement world wide. The way it is set up by said elitists.

Which is why I'd prefer to spend my enslaved years somewhere else, because what I believe is coming down the pike for 'mericans, is going to be bad and prolly fully deserved for their "willfull ignorants". Prolly.

Belize, here i come!!! :lol:

#21 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

iceland seems good these days:coffee:

#22 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

the lack of reaction to something like this...or the only reaction being stupid fucking wisecracks...is pretty goddamn discouraging:undecided:

#23 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hmmm....I'll check into that... :coffee:

#24 Condormania

Condormania
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,388 posts
  • LocationWest Haven

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

Here's the article to blog refers to:

Secret memos expose link between oil firms and invasion of Iraq

#25 Quinn The Eskimo

Quinn The Eskimo
  • Banned
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

wait a second, so it wasn't about weapons of mass destruction? :dunno:

#26 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

No. Just like 9/11 was the false flag operation that the globalists needed to get a country scared shitless of the boogeyman hiding in a cave bunker enough to start a neverending preemptive war on "terror". The real terrorists invaded Iraq. The really scary thing is, these terrorists have all the money, military and secret technology to pulverize 2 of the worlds largest office buildings and only a small group of people outside of their crowd, can see that.

That is what "terrifies" me.

#27 Quinn The Eskimo

Quinn The Eskimo
  • Banned
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

the lack of reaction to something like this...or the only reaction being stupid fucking wisecracks...is pretty goddamn discouraging:undecided:

i've been outraged about all this for almost a decade
hasn't done a bit of good though
when it comes down to it it's our own fault
not you, not me, not most of the people on this board, but we and the handful of enlightened people out there are the exceptions
most of america couldn't give a fuck
as long as nobody takes their tv away from them they could care less about what the government does and why
we are all brainwashed sheep in this country
until we can get a majority or at least a strong minority of the population to wake the fuck up and see how badly they are getting screwed things are only going to get worse
i don't see anyway to do that unless you got a few billion dollars you want to spend on tv ads

#28 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

No. Just like 9/11 was the false flag operation that the globalists needed to get a country scared shitless of the boogeyman hiding in a cave bunker enough to start a neverending preemptive war on "terror". The real terrorists invaded Iraq. The really scary thing is, these terrorists have all the money, military and secret technology to pulverize 2 of the worlds largest office buildings and only a small group of people outside of their crowd, can see that.

That is what "terrifies" me.

cue that stupid fuckin picture of that guy with the tinfoil hat

oh wait, here, i'll beat yas to it

Posted Image

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#29 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

i don't see anyway to do that unless you got a few billion dollars you want to spend on tv ads

a big fuckin riot would be a nice start

#30 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

I've been screaming this since 9/11/2001. Hasn't done a damn bit of good. Never will.

And now, I'm out. I get to raging about this stuff and then need to TakeAStepBack.

#31 Quinn The Eskimo

Quinn The Eskimo
  • Banned
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

a big fuckin riot would be a nice start

in this country we have a right to bare arms
the reason behind this was simple
our founding fathers knew that no government could last more than 50 years without becoming completely corrupt, thus it was up to the people to take our weapons and take our government back
unfortunately most of the people with guns are in support of whatever they are told by our government to support or are criminals who don't care about anyone but themselves

a riot would do no good
in fact it would more likely hurt the cause
the ones rioting would be killed or incarcerated
the globalist spokes people (aka the media) would twist our side of the story and make us look crazy and most of the sheep agree with whatever they are told
i don't think a riot would be a good idea
might even give them an excuse to take away a few more of our rights
there are parts of this country where you are no longer allowed to "demonstrate" because people who choose to peacefully protest things like the world bank where beaten and teargassed and then made out to be the bad guys for "rioting"

#32 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:23 PM

Top bunk at Camp FEMA once marshal law hits, brehs.

Top bunk'd.

#33 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

in this country we have a right to bare arms
the reason behind this was simple
our founding fathers knew that no government could last more than 50 years without becoming completely corrupt, thus it was up to the people to take our weapons and take our government back
unfortunately most of the people with guns are in support of whatever they are told by our government to support or are criminals who don't care about anyone but themselves

a riot would do no good
in fact it would more likely hurt the cause
the ones rioting would be killed or incarcerated
the globalist spokes people (aka the media) would twist our side of the story and make us look crazy and most of the sheep agree with whatever they are told
i don't think a riot would be a good idea
might even give them an excuse to take away a few more of our rights
there are parts of this country where you are no longer allowed to "demonstrate" because people who choose to peacefully protest things like the world bank where beaten and teargassed and then made out to be the bad guys for "rioting
"

Agreed. The WTO seattle 2000 was a testiment to this. When the protests grow so big that the military needs to be deployed against the people. That's when marshal law will be declared and the round ups begin.

#34 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

try telling that to egypt

#35 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

trry telling it to Saudi Arabia. Any and all dissent will be crushed by the military.

#36 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

trry telling it to Saudi Arabia. Any and all dissent will be crushed by the military.

just another snake in medUSA's hair...they don't rely on their own people's consumerism as much as the money the US gives them...they can afford to be brutal...america would collapse much more easily and it would be impossible to inflict that kind of violence and still keep the american corporatocracy afloat

#37 Quinn The Eskimo

Quinn The Eskimo
  • Banned
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

Agreed. The WTO seattle 2000 was a testiment to this. When the protests grow so big that the military needs to be deployed against the people. That's when marshal law will be declared and the round ups begin.

:lmao:
yeah
seattle now has "free speech zones"
you can still protest anything you want, as long as you are in a designated zone where nobody can see you

#38 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

:lmao:
yeah
seattle now has "free speech zones"
you can still protest anything you want, as long as you are in a designated zone where nobody can see you

and i guarantee you if the WTO were to have another meeting there, people would not give a flying fuck about the free speech zones...the seattle battle in 1999 was one of the most beautiful uprisings i've ever seen in this country and it's too bad it came and went

#39 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

So, they lie us into a multibillion dollar a year war and then hold a conference apologising???

OFF WITH ALL OF THEIR HEADS!!!!! :joker:

ummmmm :lol:

vote democratic

I corrected that for you.

Glad you finally have seen the light. Good!

did they pull this from the onion or something?

not to my knowledge. Satire can come from more than one source.

#40 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:53 PM

:joker:

A vote for democracy in this political arena would be a vote for Ron Paul.

#41 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

democratic party

Don't fall for the Rush Limbaugh, et. al. democrat

I'll just say I completely disagree that a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for democracy in this political climate. Far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far from it.

Get your arms and head around Bernie Sanders instead. He's a independent, ya know.

#42 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Sure. Him too. A real democrat and a real republican. Neither will ever get in office.

We already know this. Everyone voted "hope for change", look at what they got..... :lol:

#43 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Again, Bernie Sander is not in the Democratic Party.

Barack Obama was a tremendously huge change from George Bush.

You may have preferred other changes, I may prefer more changes, but it's clear and real what a huge change President Obama is from what Mr. Bush was

#44 Quinn The Eskimo

Quinn The Eskimo
  • Banned
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

yeah, bush didn't lie as well

#45 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

I see no change. I see more of the same corporate lobbyist/elitist agenda.

The only difference I see between Bush and Obama is one of cosmetic. Meanwhile, the same old, same old goes on.

#46 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

#47 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Again, Bernie Sander is not in the Democratic Party.

Barack Obama was a tremendously huge change from George Bush.

You may have preferred other changes, I may prefer more changes, but it's clear and real what a huge change President Obama is from what Mr. Bush was

first off...there is no such thing as voting democratically

http://www.gathering...ead.php?t=57056

second, barack obama has not offered change, merely accomodation on a couple things that don't hurt the shitstem...last i looked we're STILL in iraq (i really wish i wouldn't be able to use this line in all our arguments anymore but i'm not holding my breath), we're deeper and more expensively in afghanistan, now there's libya...whistleblowers are not protected like asshOle promised they would be, gitmo is still open, wall street is still open for business, asshOle still never put on his comfy shoes and went to wisconsin, lobbyists that obama promised to keep out of his administration are there, BP has not had any charges brought against them, GE doesn't pay taxes...etc etc etc

these are the issues that matter...this is a corporatocracy...not a republic, not a democracy, and big asshOle's half-ass healthcare "reform" ain't shit...he ain't the rebel he claimed to be i don't care how many college students he got to do his artsy little canvassing for him with those 2 bullshit words at the bottom of his lying face...i ain't buyin it