Photo
- - - - -

Getting Married, honeymooning at GoVibes!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dwiizie

Dwiizie

• VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:38 PM

I'm getting married hehe. July 16th is the date. Soooo many people are going all out on this wedding planning thing. I'm just having a party, a giant party, that I happen to be getting married at the beginning of. Its going to be Tie Dye themed. My dress is a beautiful tie dye summer dress, we haven't figured out what to put Adam in yet. People keep asking me about shoes, I imagine I'll be barefoot. Even the officiant is wearing Tie Dye for us lol. I'm sending out invites soon. I'm telling everyone to BYOB and the reception meal is potluck style. I personally wanted to elope last year, and we had plans to, but Adam really wanted to get married in front of friends and family, so he changed his mind at the last minute. As soon as I started asking him to collect addresses and replan the reception (we had already gotten ALL of the planning done on the first attempted aisle walk lol) he said he wished we had eloped how we originally planned to. "Oh well, you wanted people, now we got people!" We aren't registered anywhere, we've been living together for a while now, so there isn't much we need. As far as I know there will be no bridal showers or bachelorette parties. Its just completely our own way, throwing wedding ettiquette and "tacky wedding fears" into the wind. We thought we'd hit protest from parents and things when we told them how casual the event will be (we advise jeans/shorts/t shirts and some sort of tie dye for the party) but so far, everyone has been shockingly supportive of our alternative wedding. I'm really thrilled about it all, and can't wait to celebrate at GoVibes when the I do's are did!

#2 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

Congrats! Our wedding was really casual too (on the beach in Cape May). We told people to wear whatever they wanted. Some dressed up and some wore jeans and sweatshirts. We did rent out a restaurant after the ceremony and provided food and drink but I also like the sound of a potluck.

see you at Vibes :)

#3 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Congrat's we are getting married the same day! It will be a great day

#4 Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn
  • VibeTribe
  • 688 posts
  • LocationNW Corner, CT

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

Awww Congrats - we had tye dye themed too - hubby wore a beautiful spiral tye dye button down shirt we found at a Dead show with a white tux and top hat! - he was stylin - I'll have to dig out the pics and show you - Good Luck - it s so much fun to have the wedding and even funner (is that a word) being married - I love my hubby more every day after being together now for 24 years!!! Enjoy!

#5 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

Congrats! :)

#6 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:55 PM

Enjoy your day - honeymooning at Vibes is a great idea, my love and I met at Vibes 2008 and got engaged there last year so I know it is a good place for love to bloom and bloom and bloom! :heart:

#7 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,287 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Enjoy your day - honeymooning at Vibes is a great idea, my love and I met at Vibes 2008 and got engaged there last year so I know it is a good place for love to bloom and bloom and bloom! :heart:

That's awesome!! :heart:
I met Liz at the Vibes in 2007. Our timing was totally off then, but we did start seeing each other shortly after the Vibes in 2009 though! :heart:

#8 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,349 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Jason and i also met at Vibes '07. :lol:

your plans sounds fantastic, Dwiizie! congratulations and best wishes! :)

#9 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,071 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

The wedding plans sound wonderful and the Vibes is an excellent choice for your honeymoon :thumbup:

I met my husband at Vibes 07 and we got married at Vibes 09. Lola is right, it's where love can bloom and bloom and bloom!

#10 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

Jason and i also met at Vibes '07. :lol:

I somehow expected this response!! :lmao:

#11 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,349 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

I somehow expected this response!! :lmao:

thus the laughing out loud stuff...really, it's just absurd at this point Rich :lmao:

Vibes is a great place to meet and fall in love (over and over again) :jump:

#12 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,287 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

thus the laughing out loud stuff...really, it's just absurd at this point Rich :lmao:

You think? :lmao:
It seriously is!! We need to make a comprehensive list at some point. :lol: