• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

to answer your question,

regardless of alcohol being illegal or legal, when someone dedicates themselves to being sober they will do so. it is a personal choice.
the debate of drug use could be made in this case. All drugs are currently illegal yet does that make it harder to not get them if one is trying to stay clean? Be real.. the answer is no. how many people do we personally know that have severe addiction and try to get clean but relapse frequently?.. where did they get the drugs if their illegal so they should have been "harder" to get?
my final opinion on the subject is, Only when someone truly in their head heart and soul wants to be clean and or sober and make the changes necessary will they be clean and or sober.

When the pain of remaining the same becomes greater than change..

#2 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

cool, rock on with your sobriety!

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 25,014 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

When the pain of remaining the same becomes greater than change..

Amen

#4 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Just like when I quit smoking cigs.   Once the mind had decided, there was no turning back :wink:

#5 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Just like when I quit smoking cigs. Once the mind had decided, there was no turning back :wink:

exactly. and those are legal yet 100% destructive to a human. It is public information that Cigarette companies have designed the current cigarette model to keep a human addicted with extra additives of all kinds that are all deadly and serve ZERO purpose to a human body.

#6 CharlieHarper

CharlieHarper
  • VibeTribe
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I takes more than a mental decision to get clean.  Just sayin'

#7 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

what other decisions are there other than mental ones?

#8 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

tools and support.

#9 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Penises and Jockstraps

#10 CharlieHarper

CharlieHarper
  • VibeTribe
  • 592 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Its requires action more than anything.

#11 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Its requires action more than anything.

That's where I default on the spectrum too. But maybe action  is just one piece of the pie. Let me propose this:

Precontemplation (maybe you don't even see that there's something wrong. No  change needs to be made. ) -> Contemplation-> (maybe you start to think that something should be different) -> Planning (II see something needs to be changed and I'm thinking about how I can maybe do that)->Action (I'm doing it, I'm trying something else.) -> Maintenance (What's working? How does it benefit? What's not working?) -> Relapse (Back at my usual behaviors, but kinda different.) -> Precontemplation (I've made a change and I'm fine here) -> contemplation (well maybe there's more) -> Planning (What can I do?) ->Action (This is what I'm doing to change things from how they've been) -> Maintenance (If I do this, it will help me not do that) -> Relapse(opps I did it again, the same mistake, maybe in a different way, but still the same mistake.)      

#12 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,441 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

support is huge

#13 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

That's where I default on the spectrum too. But maybe action is just one piece of the pie. Let me propose this:

Precontemplation (maybe you don't even see that there's something wrong. No change needs to be made. ) -> Contemplation-> (maybe you start to think that something should be different) -> Planning (II see something needs to be changed and I'm thinking about how I can maybe do that)->Action (I'm doing it, I'm trying something else.) -> Maintenance (What's working? How does it benefit? What's not working?) -> Relapse (Back at my usual behaviors, but kinda different.) -> Precontemplation (I've made a change and I'm fine here) -> contemplation (well maybe there's more) -> Planning (What can I do?) ->Action (This is what I'm doing to change things from how they've been) -> Maintenance (If I do this, it will help me not do that) -> Relapse(opps I did it again, the same mistake, maybe in a different way, but still the same mistake.)

My Best Thinking Got Me Here. Stop thinking and do. Get a sponsor to tell you what to think because your best thinking obviously isnt working if you have relapsed twice in the same paragraph lol

#14 CharlieHarper

CharlieHarper
  • VibeTribe
  • 592 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Exactly Roo.  One of the first things I learned in sobriety is - that "it didn't work my way and it is never going to work my way"

#15 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,709 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I takes more than a mental decision to get clean.  Just sayin'

what other decisions are there other than mental ones?

If two frogs are sitting on a log, and one makes a decision to jump off, how many frogs are left?

#16 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Two. He made the decision to jump but you never mentioned that he DID jump off.