Missed period while on the pill

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chelonian Princess

Chelonian Princess
  • VibeTribe
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

I have been on the pill for years with no problem. My period didn't come this month. I stopped the pill hoping to bring it on but still nothing. The only thing I can think is I recently began exercising and weight lifting. I have lost 7 pounds. I now weight 123 and I'm 5'4". Any ideas?

#2 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,978 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

Pregnant?

#3 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

Might wanna find something to pee on...
BMI looks normal...
:dunno:

#4 Chelonian Princess

Chelonian Princess
  • VibeTribe
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:39 AM

Saw my gyno today. She doesn't believe I am pregnant. She said I look great. She said the pills are taking away my period. She said for me is a good thing because of my low iron. They said I may get another period or might not it's no big deal. She said it isnt nessasary to have a monthy period when on the pill. They want me to stay on the pill because the benefits outweigh the risks.

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,030 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

She said it isnt nessasary to have a monthy period when on the pill.

:clapping:

#6 Chelonian Princess

Chelonian Princess
  • VibeTribe
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Ok now I'm one week late and I know what the doctor said sounds right but still this is just strange. So I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative! Which didn't surprise me since my hubby is fixed but even that can reverse sometimes. It's rare but if it happens we would be the 1:2000. I still have not gone back on the pill. Should I just start it again and not stress over lack of periods?

#7 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,030 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Yep, or that was advice I was given at one point in my life.

#8 Chelonian Princess

Chelonian Princess
  • VibeTribe
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

#9 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

Are you having any other menstrual symptoms, just no flow? Ask your mother about when her flow began to stop- it really does follow the mothers pattern. I expect mine to stop around 43 years.

#10 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

My guess would be perimenopause too...

My mom was 'done' at 39....However, I am 43 with no end in sight :joker: I fluctuate between 25 and 35 days..

#11 forestdancer

forestdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

since my hubby is fixed but even that can reverse sometimes.

Very unlikely that that it will reverse but if you hubby is fixed and because of that there is no way you should be pregnant. Your body just goes through some weird things sometimes due to stress or anything.. If you doctor said not to worry and you trust them. You should list to her.