• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

the reason I think so is because the prescription runs out a couple days sooner than it's supposed to.

I wish they came in blister packs like birth control... course that would be a waste of plastic...

#2 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

You should always count your medication when you get home and call the pharmacy if you don't have a 30 day supply. You can ask for them to package them in blister packs, some pharmacies will do this, some won't. I administer medication for a living and we receive our medications from different pharmacies in the area, and some are more accurate than others. If you call right away and tell them you're coming back for the meds, they'll give you the missing pills. It's also a controlled substance, just saying.

#3 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

I pinched a few...

#4 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

You should always count your medication when you get home and call the pharmacy if you don't have a 30 day supply. You can ask for them to package them in blister packs, some pharmacies will do this, some won't. I administer medication for a living and we receive our medications from different pharmacies in the area, and some are more accurate than others. If you call right away and tell them you're coming back for the meds, they'll give you the missing pills. It's also a controlled substance, just saying.

thank you, that is a good idea. I didn't even think they might have skimped me.

I pinched a few...

:lol: you bastid! I knew it!

#5 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

thank you, that is a good idea. I didn't even think they might have skimped me.

:lol: you bastid! I knew it!

I'd like to be clear though- I in no way mean to imply that particular pharmacies are inept or somehow providing less product on purpose (okay so there's one particular pharmacy that I have my doubts about but it's in the ghettos of Boston so unlikely to affect anyone of circumstance. And to say so here could possibly land me in libel far beyond my means. Heh. note the dripping sarcasm.) But it's not a machine dolling these things out like at the bank with those nifty machines that count the bills now so really the teller is just sitting there looking pretty when she hands you your stack- I'm talking about human error, and when you have to dole out thousands of pills each day, there's a few that are bound to get lost in the shuffle.

#6 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

it's only happened like once or twice... so I guess it could be 50/50 on whose error it was -- mine or theirs.

I wish I could stop taking the damn things, but I get no sleep without them, and I guess there's worse addictions.

But seriously, do you have any idea how to get off them? My doctor says he doesn't.

#7 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

oh, see the other thing is that sometimes I work different shifts... so occasionally they are sort of necessary.

I never tried going the other way and taking provigil to stay up. I could probably try that. My doctor seems to go along with anything I suggest. He's getting old.

but that's the thing... I have no problem staying up. sleeping is what is troublesome. If I took provigil, I would never sleep and end up like what's her name in herbie the love bug.

#8 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'd like to be clear though-

Posted Image

#9 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:00 PM