Photo
- - - - -

260 School Children Killed in Chicago in 3 Years -- Where Are the Tears for Them?

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#51 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

If you do not want to believe, then I can't see you doing any research into the subjects of police and government facilitating/pumping guns and drugs into inner cities, thus you will most likely never explore until it becomes a topic acceptable to mass media. At least keeping such info out of sight enables us to keep waving our flags.

You can't see me doing any research? I research everything here (now). I do not quote rap songs as sources, I quote actual sources.

I grew up in a project complex in NYC and had friends who grew up in much tougher places that I visited often. So please do not paint me as an old white man who doesn't know about the black man's struggles. As I stated before I am very aware of the gun violence in the inner city. I grew up with people who are in jail for gun violence.

That all said.

There may be a conspiracy on one of these things (drugs, guns or aids), but to think the government conspired for three separate conspiracies to bring down a race of people is to far fetched for me.

#52 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I see, you do not buy it because it's too far fetched. good point.

#53 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

I see, you do not buy it because it's too far fetched. good point.

OK. You think the government conspired on three different occasion to take down a subset of its population?

#54 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

OK. You think the government conspired on three different occasion to take down a subset of its population?

No, because I have not done research on the AIDS aspect of it.

#55 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

http://weaselzippers...et-rid-of-guns/
http://www.chicagotr...,0,276048.story

CHICAGO (AP) — The Rev. Jesse Jackson has challenged inmates at Cook County Jail to help get guns off the streets.

The Chicago civil rights leader gave his annual Christmas Day sermon on Tuesday.

Jackson says the deadly shooting at a Connecticut school was a tipping point nationally but hundreds are killed in Chicago each year. He supports strict gun control laws, including an assault weapons ban.

Jackson also encouraged inmates to get tested for HIV, register to vote and pray for forgiveness.

He has delivered Christmas Day sermons at jails for years. He says the point is to inspire and invest in inmates so they don't return to jail.

Before taking the stage on Tuesday morning, Jackson greeted and shook hands with inmates.

:lmao:

#56 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

As mentioned I will limit my postings

but

Your response to me implies you have either done the research on the other two or that you believe the other two conspiracies.

Is this true?

Please note this article was from June 2012.

Black Conspiracy Theories 101: HIV/AIDS Was Created To Extinguish Blacks

#57 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

FLASHBACK

http://www.foxnews.c...l#ixzz2G7SndBTm

Michael Moore's Bodyguard Arrested on Airport Gun Charge

Filmmaker Michael Moore's (search) bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.

Police took Patrick Burke, who says Moore employs him, into custody after he declared he was carrying a firearm at a ticket counter. Burke is licensed to carry a firearm in Florida and California, but not in New York. Burke was taken to Queens central booking and could potentially be charged with a felony for the incident.

Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.

#58 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I am there on this as well, and not so certain I want to start researching the AIDS aspect for fear of what direction the evidence may point.

#59 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Wasn't the original story of the origin of AIDS that a homosexual man had sex with a monkey? :lmao:

Who believes that type of tripe?

#60 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I am there on this as well, and not so certain I want to start researching the AIDS aspect for fear of what direction the evidence may point.

My point is that I have heard Crack cocaine was a government conspiracy, I have heard Heroin was a government conspiracy, I have heard Aids is a government conspiracy, and now for the first time yesterday, I have heard guns are a government conspiracy.

The gun part is completely new to me, hence me stating that i do not believe this. It was hard to believe the other conspiracies

#61 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

I don't think anyone was saying that guns are a govt. conspriacy. I believe the assertion was that the government arms and promotes gun violence in sects of the population. Similar to the govt. also brings in and sells drugs on our streets.

#62 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

I don't think anyone was saying that guns are a govt. conspriacy. I believe the assertion was that the government arms and promotes gun violence in sects of the population. Similar to the govt. also brings in and sells drugs on our streets.

It was stated clearly below, and followed up with Tupac as the source of this conspiracy.

Historically the white establishment facilitated access to guns for inner city racial cleansing.

Does this not imply conspiracy?

:facepalm:

You may be right that guns are a conspiracy, or drugs or aids, but all Three?

That is where I do not believe. I find it hard to believe the government conspire on three different occasions to take down a subset of the population. That is all.

Why is that hard to understand?

#63 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

It is not hard to understand. Who wants to think that those we give the power to look out for us would engage in any conspiracy? Even unwittingly? I will poke around when I am home over the next couple of days to see if I can once again put my finger on some of the evidence related to the guns. As for the drugs I thought that was well established, especially in light of certain high ranking officials of other countries publicly saying they would not be paying back their debts with coffee.

#64 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

No, I'm saying that GUNS are not a government conspiracy. Nor was that implied as you stated.

and now for the first time yesterday, I have heard guns are a government conspiracy.

I don't think guns are a conspiracy. I do not think drugs are either. Or AIDS. There may be conspiracies involving these and our government, in fact, I know there are. The items themselves though i do not question as a govt. conspiracy. Such as crack is a govt. conspiracy.

#65 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

No, I'm saying that GUNS are not a government conspiracy. Nor was that implied as you stated.

and now for the first time yesterday, I have heard guns are a government conspiracy.

I don't think guns are a conspiracy. I do not think drugs are either. Or AIDS. There may be conspiracies involving these and our government, in fact, I know there are. The items themselves though i do not question as a govt. conspiracy. Such as crack is a govt. conspiracy.

This, via reading enough corroborating evidence rather than just history texts.

Seriously I know the Tupac is far fetched if considered as the only source, but listen to the lyrics, I mean really listen to the stories along with researching. I would never have believed some of the things I read were going on during the civil rights movement, but they were.

#66 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I did not say guns were a conspiracy. Jeeees!

I said the government facilitating guns, crack or aids is a conspiracy to take down a sub set of the population is a conspiracy. Big difference. :picardfp:

If the government is facilitating anything that is referred to "racially cleansing", I call that a conspiracy. Because two or more people secretly did something to take others down is by definition a conspiracy.

WOW!

TEO, I have heard the lyrics. Come on. I mentioned I grew up in the projects, and around a lot of crime. Good thing for me I was a naive 16 year old, and did not get involved in anything bad, but I knew people doing bad things, including robbing, mugging, and gun crimes.

The way Tupac explains the guns in community, is the same things I heard about aids and crack. Just change the noun and it is the same conspiracy.

And this is why I can no longer debate, because my opinions are picked apart, and not taken as legit because of what ever reason.

#67 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

:dunno:

#68 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

:dunno:

What dont you understand?

I stated I heard drugs and aids as government conspiracies by the government back into the 90's.

Yesterday was the first time I heard that government was trying to conspire using guns to take down the Black man.

While I did here the song back in the day, it never resonated, because of the other conspiracies. Hence me not hearing about it, because I forgot about this since I have not heard the song in more than 10 years.

#69 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

I don't know anymore. I guess I didn't understand what you were saying by that statement.

#70 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'll see if I can put my hands on the backup again that indicates the police put guns into the hands of gangs so they could slaughter each other. That is what I was referring to, and yes I suppose I would consider that a conspiracy when I really think about it. How deep does such a conspiracy run? Is it similar to drafts and who does and does not end up in the front line?

#71 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I am saying I do not believe the government conspired on three separate occasions (drugs, guns or aids) to take down African American's.

Possible that may be one of these is true, and linking the other two is connecting the dots, well if they did it once, then they could do it again.

How deep a conspiracy runs would have to go back to the president at the time of implementing the conspiracy.

I do not think Ford, Carter or Reagan would do these types of things. Nixon on the other hand, I would not put it past him.

#72 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Reagan was involved in one of the biggest govt. conspiracy scandals of all time. Not just his DOJ or his admin., but Reagan directly.

#73 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Reagan was involved in one of the biggest govt. conspiracy scandals of all time. Not just his DOJ or his admin., but Reagan directly.

It continues to baffle me how conservatives still point to him as some sort of god. :dunno:

#74 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

It continues to baffle me how conservatives still point to him as some sort of god. :dunno:

because they think he was a free market/fiscal conservatism, small govt. advocate. :dunno:

Even though his administration saw the explosion of deficit spending and much bigger government.

#75 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Iran Contra scandal?

#76 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

That's the one.

#77 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,018 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I recall seeing a documentary where somebody said vans containing weapons would be parked in the projects, and freight trains containing weapons would be stopped in urban areas. The vehicles would then be looted because, and the interviewee stated, "looting is as American as apple pie," and that how the guns got to urban gangs. I don't recall what the documentary was, but I think it was about gangs.

#78 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

because they think he was a free market/fiscal conservatism, small govt. advocate. :dunno:

Even though his administration saw the explosion of deficit spending and much bigger government.

I know! It just doesn't make any sense.

#79 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Iran Contra scandal?

Alzheimers sure became awfully convenient for Reagan.

#80 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

http://www.justice.g...9712/ch01p1.htm

Chapter I: Introduction
A. The San Jose Mercury News Articles
On August 18, 1996, the San Jose Mercury News published the first installment of a three-part series of articles concerning crack cocaine, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Nicaraguan Contra army. The introduction to the first installment of the series read:

For the better part of a decade, a San Francisco Bay Area drug ring sold tons of cocaine to the Crips and Bloods street gangs of Los Angeles and funneled millions in drug profits to a Latin American guerrilla army run by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, a Mercury News investigation has found.
This drug network opened the first pipeline between Colombia's cocaine cartels and the black neighborhoods of Los Angeles, a city now known as the "crack" capital of the world. The cocaine that flooded in helped spark a crack explosion in urban America . . . and provided the cash and connections needed for L.A.'s gangs to buy automatic weapons.

The three-day series of articles, entitled "Dark Alliance: The Story Behind the Crack Explosion," told the story of a Los Angeles drug operation run by Ricky Donnell Ross, described sympathetically as "a disillusioned 19-year-old . . . who, at the dawn of the 1980s, found himself adrift on the streets of South-Central Los Angeles." The Dark Alliance series recounted how Ross began peddling small quantities of cocaine in the early 1980s and rapidly grew into one of the largest cocaine dealers in southern California until he was convicted of federal drug trafficking charges in March 1996. The series claimed that Ross' rise in the drug world was made possible by Oscar Danilo Blandon and Norwin Meneses, two individuals with ties to the Fuerza Democratica Nicaraguense (FDN), one group comprising the Nicaraguan Contras. Blandon and Meneses reportedly sold tons of cocaine to Ross, who in turn converted it to crack and sold it in the black communities of South Central Los Angeles. Blandon and Meneses were said to have used their drug trafficking profits to help fund the Contra army's war effort.
Stories had previously been written about the Contras' alleged ties to drug trafficking. For example, on December 20, 1985, an Associated Press article claimed that three Contra groups "engaged in cocaine trafficking, in part to help finance their war against Nicaragua." Rumors about illicit activities on the part of the Contras had also been probed in Senate hearings in the late 1980s. However, the Mercury News series contained -- or at least many readers interpreted it to contain -- a new sensational claim: that the CIA and other agencies of the United States government were responsible for the crack epidemic that ravaged black communities across the country. The newspaper articles suggested that the United States government had protected Blandon and Meneses from prosecution and either knowingly permitted them to peddle massive quantities of cocaine to the black residents of South Central Los Angeles or turned a blind eye to such activity.

#81 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I think all the Reagan deification is just hype by News Media Corp.

Does anybody really think he was a great President? For WHAT? He was a B actor, and his greatest role was President. Don Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and a whole host of other shady characters ran his administration while all he did was lie to America in front of a camera with a smile on his face (or a sad face, whatever was appropriate at the time for public relations).

I was too young to really understand what was going on during the time it was happening, and I still really don't understand how they usurped Jimmy Carter, but I suspect it was underhanded and involved the trading of arms which JC would have refused to do. After all, isn't it our policy not to negotiate with terrorists? Yet, that's exactly what the Reagan administration did in order to get back the hostages... what a worm.

#82 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Well, he did effectively revert the economic disaster created by Carter. However, he also did not follow thorugh all the way (some would blame then democrat senate) and incurred GIANT deficits to do so.

#83 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Also, he told Iran we would invade to get our people back if they did not release our prisoners, and they did.

This is where the Dems being weak on foreign affairs originates.

#84 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well, he did effectively revert the economic disaster created by Carter. However, he also did not follow thorugh all the way (some would blame then democrat senate) and incurred GIANT deficits to do so.

that's funny that you say that, because if he diverted any economic disaster created by Carter, it was due to Keynesian economics. He did a lot of borrowing, and a lot of spending.

The only reason he did anything about gun laws is because he got shot.

#85 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Also, he told Iran we would invade to get our people back if they did not release our prisoners, and they did.

This is where the Dems being weak on foreign affairs originates.

I didn't know he threatened Iran. Why didn't Carter do this? He was just too much of a pacifist?

So, now you've got Obama who is not the pacifist that Carter was, and there's people criticizing him for that.

Bottom line, you gotta make your own choices and decisions on who to vote for, and then make sure they do their job from there.

#86 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

#87 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I didn't know he threatened Iran. Why didn't Carter do this? He was just too much of a pacifist?

So, now you've got Obama who is not the pacifist that Carter was, and there's people criticizing him for that.

Bottom line, you gotta make your own choices and decisions on who to vote for, and then make sure they do their job from there.

Google it. To complicated to summarize. But Carter did not want to give in saying something to the extent (from wiki).

President Carter called the hostages "victims of terrorism and anarchy", adding that the "United States will not yield to blackmail".

#88 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Google it. To complicated to summarize. But Carter did not want to give in saying something to the extent (from wiki).

Right. Then Reagan gets elected and agrees to sell arms to the Iranis if they agree to release the hostages.
But what to do with the ill-gotten money?
Give it to the contras in Nicaragua to back their dirty little war, against the wishes of the American people - contra funding had been outlawed by congress.
THEN blame it all on a little no name army colonel and keep repeating, "I don't recall" when under oath.

What an awesome president! :rolleyes:

#89 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Right. Then Reagan gets elected and agrees to sell arms to the Iranis if they agree to release the hostages.
But what to do with the ill-gotten money?
Give it to the contras in Nicaragua to back their dirty little war, against the wishes of the American people - contra funding had been outlawed by congress.
THEN blame it all on a little no name army colonel and keep repeating, "I don't recall" when under oath.

What an awesome president! :rolleyes:

Yep. That is exactly right. It goes deeper too. But Reagan did manage to revert the economic disaster Carter created. It's too bad that those same measures used then will not work now (contrary to popular psuedo-conservative belief).

#90 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Yep. That is exactly right. It goes deeper too. But Reagan did manage to revert the economic disaster Carter created. It's too bad that those same measures used then will not work now (contrary to popular psuedo-conservative belief).

True that!

#91 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

so really, the only thing I was wrong about was the public perception created by the Reagan administration that the hostages were let free because Iran was afraid we would invade them, when in reality it was because we sold them weapons.

Republicans are nothing but crooks ever since Nixon. They need to disappear.

#92 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

so really, the only thing I was wrong about was the public perception created by the Reagan administration that the hostages were let free because Iran was afraid we would invade them, when in reality it was because we sold them weapons.

A totally impeachable offense, but since he "couldn't remember" what he did and didn't do (an obvious lie that could not be proven), and Ollie North took the fall for him, that never happened.

#93 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Republicans are nothing but crooks ever since Nixon. They need to disappear.

We sold them guns and stuff later, not the same. Hostages free 1980. Iran Contra August 20, 1985 was first time media reported on it.

#94 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

A totally impeachable offense, but since he "couldn't remember" what he did and didn't do (an obvious lie that could not be proven), and Ollie North took the fall for him, that never happened.

North had soem seriously dirty hands too. He may have taken the fall for Reagan, but he had his own coming anyway. And really, did he even answer for it like you or I would?

#95 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Every business should have an Ollie North.

#96 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

We sold them guns and stuff later, not the same. Hostages free 1980. Iran Contra August 20, 1985 was first time media reported on it.

Disagree.
It was going on well before 1985.
It just took a while for the media to unearth the whole sordid story.

#97 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

North had soem seriously dirty hands too. He may have taken the fall for Reagan, but he had his own coming anyway. And really, did he even answer for it like you or I would?

Nope - He is also still a hero in the conservative book of gods.

#98 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Every business should have an Ollie North.

You just want to put a mankini on him.

#99 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Nope - He is also still a hero in the conservative book of gods.

I guess he is. But todays "conservative", especially of the Reagan variety seem to be not only OK with, but obsessed with "spreading democracy" securing "national interest" and generally blowing every last fucking thing on the planet up...at least once...and then giving money to rebuild it.

#100 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Disagree.
It was going on well before 1985.
It just took a while for the media to unearth the whole sordid story.

Well yes, that is implied by saying the media first reported on it that day.

But I would also say this did not go on prior to 1/20/190 (reagan's inauguration day)