Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Jay! Jay! Jay!

#252 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

thanks guys! 

jay's doing really well.  his speech is spot on, such an improvement that you'd never know he had trouble with it at first.  we're talking a lot via text this weekend, as with the new flu law, i had the girls AND now they both have a stomach bug (not flu, kangfirmed, thank goodness) so we're in quarantine through tomorrow.  he's watching the game in his room, super excited to get out of the hospital setting and into the transitional house tomorrow.  they have a lot of outings there, and one of the things listed was going to see local musicians perform, so we're really hoping he gets to a show soon. 

as i've said in an earlier post, his room is the first one in his hallway, and as he's been participating in group therapy, he's met a few people on his floor who stop in and see him when they pass by.  the girls got him a new patriots hat for christmas, that he wears with pride, along with the necklace lily made him in school.  it's amazing what that hat has done to start conversation amongst his neighbors, who for the most part, are young and in the same situation as him.  the necklace gets a lot of attention too.  and i swear i will punch a tbi victim chick in the throat if she tries getting fresh with my man.  :mrgreen:  :rolling: 

we've also been participating in the therapeutic recreation that they offer there.  we learned last week that the man who runs the activities was once a resident at lolgaylord and he actually was in the same room jay's in now.  that is very encouraging.

#253 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,625 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

:heart:

#254 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,357 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Wonderful news!

YAY for progress.  GO Jay!

Hope the girls feel better soon :heart:

#255 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,577 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

nice to read, J!

xoxoxooxox

#256 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

:jamguy:

#257 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,914 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

hopefully none of the staff gets offended if we put 'lolgaylord' in our ecards? :lol:

looking forward to hear of his continued improvement!

#258 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

volunteers are in charge of printing and delivering the cards.  they're either missing a few lightbulbs themselves or fulfilling their debt to society, so no one cares what they think.  :mrgreen:  nikkiblue and ling's messages make jay's day several times a day, so keep em coming!!!

#259 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,896 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

wonderful news!  :jam:

#260 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,739 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

YES!  So wonderful to read, well other than you and the girls having cooties.  

Much love!

#261 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

volunteers are in charge of printing and delivering the cards.  they're either missing a few lightbulbs themselves or fulfilling their debt to society, so no one cares what they think.  :mrgreen:  nikkiblue and ling's messages make jay's day several times a day, so keep em coming!!!

Nice.  Glad it went through. 

I'm calling nans on this whole thing... He's faking, and Tell Jay I can see right through this...He just wanted to get diagnosed with a TBI, so he has a valid excuse to act inappropriate and say crazy things... and get away with it.    huh. 

:) 

On a side note, Jenny, did you know I'm  a service coordinator/caseworker for people with TBI?  I will call you this week, but If you have any questions, let me know.  My life has become all about TBI.  lol. 

#262 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Ha!!!   lol.  Didnt realize Royal was logged on... lol.    That last post was me, BTW.. lol.   -Nikkiblue

#263 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,983 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

jay's doing really well.  his speech is spot on, such an improvement that you'd never know he had trouble with it at first.  we're talking a lot via text this weekend, as with the new flu law, i had the girls AND now they both have a stomach bug (not flu, kangfirmed, thank goodness) so we're in quarantine through tomorrow.  he's watching the game in his room, super excited to get out of the hospital setting and into the transitional house tomorrow.  they have a lot of outings there, and one of the things listed was going to see local musicians perform, so we're really hoping he gets to a show soon. 

as i've said in an earlier post, his room is the first one in his hallway, and as he's been participating in group therapy, he's met a few people on his floor who stop in and see him when they pass by.  the girls got him a new patriots hat for christmas, that he wears with pride, along with the necklace lily made him in school.  it's amazing what that hat has done to start conversation amongst his neighbors, who for the most part, are young and in the same situation as him.  the necklace gets a lot of attention too.  and i swear i will punch a tbi victim chick in the throat if she tries getting fresh with my man.  :mrgreen:  :rolling:

we've also been participating in the therapeutic recreation that they offer there.  we learned last week that the man who runs the activities was once a resident at lolgaylord and he actually was in the same room jay's in now.  that is very encouraging.

That's awesome!  Such great news!! :heart:

#264 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,128 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Just sent Jay some well wishes.  Love you guys!  :heart:

#265 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Did my most recent message make it? "Mama says fudgsicles look like frozen poop!" :rolling: :heart:

#266 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

yeah i hung it up in his new room tonight!  that's my favoritest stewart quote.  :rolling:  teo and jp's cards were awesome too.  the staff loves passing by his board and seeing the new ridiculousness jay's loved ones come up with.  :mrgreen: 

his phone completely died today, which sucks huge donkey balls.  icing on the cake of what turned out to be a really hard week for us.  next week is going to be awesome though.  i just know it!  it goddamn better fucking shitfuck be!  :tapfoot:  

#267 hippiechickme

hippiechickme
  • VibeTribe
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

I work in a residential facility for adults with traumatic brain injuries. Wishing you, Jay, and the kids all of the best!

#268 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,352 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Love and monkeys!

#269 Sir Nose

Sir Nose
  • VibeTribe
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Holy Fucking Shit.

All my love to you both.  It has been years since I logged on the the vibes board.  I did this morning with only one thought.  I really miss Jay and Jenny.  Then I find this thread.  Floored.

Reach out and hold onto to as much support as you can.

#270 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,449 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Holy Fucking Shit.

All my love to you both.  It has been years since I logged on the the vibes board.  I did this morning with only one thought.  I really miss Jay and Jenny.  Then I find this thread.  Floored.

Reach out and hold onto to as much support as you can.

Where the hell are you man- this place is totally lacking in the funk love factor since your hiatus.

#271 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

yeah i hung it up in his new room tonight!  that's my favoritest stewart quote.  :rolling:

:woot:

How are things going? :)

#272 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,817 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Oh my goodness.  I haven't opened this thread in a bit, I sort of figured he was home.  Hang in there Jenny and fam.  Sounds like you're a super strong, supportive wife.  "Get well soon Jay"

<3

#273 Its me Barbie

Its me Barbie
  • VibeTribe
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

:woot:

How are things going? :)

I have been thinking of you and jay! How are things going?

#274 wookie luvvah

wookie luvvah
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Pete was just asking if there was an update.  We're still sending our love! 

#275 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,348 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

:heart: 

#276 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,352 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thinking of you. :heart: :jam:

#277 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

<3  

#278 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

LOVE!!!!

#279 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Thinking of you guys...

#280 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,739 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Current link for cards and witticisms please.

#281 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Just saw this thread now - so much love and positive healing vibes to Jay and strength to your family! :heart:

#282 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,333 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

?

#283 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,642 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

I talked to Jay on the phone last weekend.  He sounded great, it was awesome to hear his voice.  :heart:

#284 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,828 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

<3

#285 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,348 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I talked to Jay on the phone last weekend.  He sounded great, it was awesome to hear his voice.   :heart:

<3  Nice!  I want to call him too! 

#286 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

FYI it's Jay's bday today...it's be a good day to send cards ;)

#287 Sir Nose

Sir Nose
  • VibeTribe
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Happy Birthday Brother Jay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:afro:  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:  :afro:

#288 noro

noro
  • VibeTribe
  • 547 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Healing vibes

#289 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 579 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

FYI it's Jay's bday today...it's be a good day to send cards ;)

the good day to send cards would have been last week.  today is a good day to wish him well online. ;)

#290 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,983 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Happy birthday Jay!! :heart:

#291 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

i think Erin meant an e-card, which may be sent at any time.  

matter of fact, if anyone would like to send Jay a card for his birthday (or anytime) here's the info again...

if anyone would like to help us decorate his room, gaylord makes really pretty cards out of the e-wellwishes that are sent to their patients.

http://www.gaylord.o...WellWishes.aspx

Jay D_ant_sch_er, room H201

#292 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

i think Erin meant an e-card, which may be sent at any time.  

matter of fact, if anyone would like to send Jay a card for his birthday (or anytime) here's the info again...

Yup that's what I meant :)