Blue Coat Systems has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer to join the K9 application development team delivering Internet security solutions and parental controls for home users. In this position, the engineer will design, develop and maintain web applications provided by the K9 Web Protection offering. This position will offer the opportunity to contribute to multiple products and areas within the development group.
As a member of this team you will…
- Participate in the design and implementation of Blue Coat’s next generation K9 Web Protection solutions. The ideal candidate must enjoy learning and working with new technologies as solutions expand to new markets.
- Contribute to sustaining activities as needed. This requires strong problem analysis, resolution design and implementation skills along with excellent collaboration and communication skills with peers and other development teams, support and QA.
- Work closely with your peers on all aspects of the development life cycle including solutions design, functional specifications and test planning needs and activities.
- Strong object oriented design skills
- Experience with MySQL (or other SQL) databases
- Web UI design experience a plus
- Google App Engine experience a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of industry experience