Jubilee!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

Now that our date is approaching, I thought I might like to make my own thread about Tyler's and my upcoming jubilee! :mrgreen: I thought I'd re-post our venue here, b/c someday I might like to look back on this thread and see how it call came together. :heart:

===

I'm so happy to announce that we've booked The Round Room at The Carlu for our jubilee! :woohoo: We'll be hosting the cocktail reception, ceremony, dinner and dance all in the same space.

I'm super stoked b/c The Round Room is such a beautiful example of Art Moderne design and we plan to encourage folks to dress in the style of the era when The Carlu was built... Plus, my dad grew up pretty much kitty-corner from College Park, and my mom's grade 2 class performed and won an award in The Carlu's concert hall back in the '50s so there is actually some family history that accompanies the venue! :mrgreen:

We plan to hold the ceremony standing in front of the fountain with our guests gathered in a circle around us. :heart: :circle: :heart:

Posted Image

#2 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

Today Tyler and I chose the ruby that we are going to have set into my wedding band... I asked a recently-gradutaed gemologist friend to help us with the process since buying a loose gemstone to be mounted into a custom ring is a little out of our league of experience to say the least! :funny1: Kelly hooked us up with her employer who is a gemstone wholesaler and we chose this ruby out of the three they had brought in for us. It was really cool learning how to appraise a stone and having the opportunity to select the one that was right for us... After we had made our choice, we designed the ring - this stone will be set flush in a wide band of white gold. Once they have set the stone, we will need to decide whether or not we want the metal brushed to give it a satin finish. We had originally wanted titanium but after consulting with several titanium ring-makers, we found that they just couldn't set the stone to our taste. We're still going with a titanium ring for Tyler.

This whole experience was so exciting and rewarding - we both feel that the stone and it's setting are an apt representation and reminder of our love. We are so thankful to Kelly and Bhushan for being expert guides in this process, without their help I think it may have been a little overwhelming - thanks to their assistance we both feel confident and happy with our choice!. :mrgreen:

Posted Image

#3 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

It will be lovely!

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,986 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Beautiful stone :heart:

#5 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

:heart::clapping: Awesome! So exciting. :heart:

#6 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

:boogie:

#7 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

:dance:

#8 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,725 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

:woot:

#9 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

Yesterday, I went to check out these dresses for my bridesmaids:

http://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.ca/

Posted Image

They are so amazing! The fabric is soft and silky, and you can wear them in a million different styles - it's very easy to change it up, so you could have one look for the ceremony, one of dinner and then another for dancing! They are also wrinkle resistant so you can pack them in a bag for holidays and just steam them in the bathroom when you shower and the fabric will be all smooth and sleek by the time you are ready to get dressed! I think that even I am going to get one of these (in a shorter length) just as part of my wardrobe...

My mandate with finding attire for my bridesmaids was to find something that is comfortable, looks good on all the ladies (I want my sister and friends to feel beautiful and sexy at our wedding!) and most importantly, is something that they would wear again - this dress can go from being a casual sun dress to being a a smart cocktail dress... And they can shorten the hem after the wedding if they'd like a less formal look!

So awesome - I think they will all be very happy with these! :mrgreen:

#10 -anna

-anna
  • VibeTribe
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

beautiful room! gorgeous stone!

#11 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:52 PM

Thanks!

We went and did the dress fitting today and everybody loved them - we chose a deep purple. Everyone looked glamourous and sexy, I'm so happy that we found a dress that works for all involved.

#12 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

Love the dresses! Wrinkle free and versatile looks. I would expect nothing less from your choices doll!

#13 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

Thanks Karen!

100 days till the big day - woo-HOO! :woohoo:

Plans are falling into place... We're meeting with the caterer on Monday and I'll (finally!) be able to send out the invites the week after. Booked some entertainment, gotta find a photographer and go check out the dress I'm interested in next week as well. Did the registry thing, which was fun. Arranged for a block of rooms at a nearby hotel, it's all coming together! :mrgreen:

Karen, we're gonna have a deluxe grrrlz-fest weekend in August, I'm hoping you'll be able to join us - I'll get'cha the info once I know the score.

#14 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Deluxe grrrlz-fest weekend! WOOT!

#15 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

i bought the twobridesmaid dress for myself as an after party dress.

They are a great dress :heart:

#16 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

That's great to hear, GM... I fell in love with the fabric - so soft, I bet it's a good one to dance in!

Got my gown on-order this weekend, I'm really excited about it! Ivory silk charmeuse with Swarovski crystals for a little bit of sparkle... Beautiful design keeping in-time with the era of The Carlu... I *will* wear this one again as well, it's a timeless design, it doesn't scream "I'm a wedding dress" that's for sure! :funny1: I don't want to post a picture on here b/c Tyler sometimes comes on and reads, and he asked me to keep it a surprise for him, but I will be sure to share some photos when I can! :)

Speaking of photos, that's the next big thing to check off the list - gotta find a photographer!!!

#17 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

Oh yeah - and we met with the caterer and did a tasting, too... The food is fabulous! They gave us plates of *everything* that will be served, which was really great since so many people have told me that you won't remember eating dinner on that day! :lol:

My friend who is an awesome baker is making red velvet cupcakes in lieu of a cake, altho we might have a a "groom's cake" as well b/c I think my dad kinda wants to have a cake at the jubilee, too.

#18 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

Lola, this is so exciting! :ura1:

Less than 3 months now~!

#19 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

Yes, this is gonna be fun! :jump:

Just found out that the ring is ready, hoping to pick that up this week!

#20 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

I'm going to start shopping for a fabulous dress soon. Trying to stay in style with the Carlu. Should be fun!

#21 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Cool! :clapping: I mean to put together a webpage with some inspirational images as well - hoping to have that up by next week at the latest, I'll be sure to send you the link when it is good to go!

#22 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

We are going to pick up my ring on Friday - I am so excited to see how it came out!!! :jump:

#23 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

My ring - 2.5 carat heart-shaped ruby set in white gold... I :heart: it! Now I just have to avoid the temptation of wearing it before the big day... :funny1:

Posted Image

Here is what it looks like on:

Posted Image

Both Tyler and I think the jeweller did a perfect job!

We just placed the order for his ring today... It should be here in about 2 weeks. :jump:

#24 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

Paul McCartney showed us which song to dance to... 46 days, everything is falling neatly into place! :mrgreen:

#25 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

:heart:
Yay! Rings, songs, love, dresses, venues, love, plans, love
:heart:

#26 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

I know, right? :funny1: It's a lot to put all together. :heart:

Tyler's ring is way cool. I'm locked outta my Flickr account right now so I can't post a pic, maybe when they get me back in there I can post one here. :)

#27 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

Can't wait to see you beautiful, and celebrate in style with you both :heart:

#28 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Hitting up wine country with my Bachlorette Brigade this weekend - should be a wild and fun ride!!! :jump:

#29 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

We are at the one-month mark, weeee-HOOO! :ura1:

#30 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

:gop:

#31 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

:crazy:

#32 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,028 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

We have booked our travel and hotel :ura1:

Soooooooooo excited!

#33 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!! :jump:

#34 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

Just met with the DJ, we are going to have one roackin' dance party!!! :dance: Two more songs to select for specific purposes, and then we are done with the the music.

Selecting tunes to rock out to was fun but also somewhat of a challenge - we had a bit of a "battle of the bands" sorting thru our faves! :lol: Good balance of music from all eras, everything with a melody that makes for good dancing, even if you may have never heard the song before - can't wait to get down with our friends!!! :jamguy:

#35 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

YAY!

Flowers selected, officiant booked, meeting with photographer arranged, and I have my first dress-fitting today - it has been a productive morning thus far! :mrgreen:

#36 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,986 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

:clapping:

#37 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

One week! :crazy: :jump: :heart: :clapping: :ura1:

#38 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,986 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

:heart::heart::heart:

#39 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,986 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

Lola & Tyler

All best wishes for a lifetime together overflowing with health, happiness, prosperity, love and inner peace. :heart::heart:

#40 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

Thank you so much, TEO! We are on day three of friends and family, and tomorrow is the big event! :heart:

#41 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,317 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

happy jubilee weekend Lola! have a great time, take lots of moments with your husband to step back and enjoy the love that surrounds you...and love each other every moment of every day for the rest of your lives :heart::smile:

#42 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

best of luck today!! :heart:

#43 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

Thank you - I don't think anything could have been better - an evening of fun and celebration, surrounded by friends and family, and the sharing of our vows to love and support one another throughout this lifetime - nothing can top looking deeply into my true love's eyes... I am a very happy and blessed soul. :heart:

#44 Elena Iuliana

Elena Iuliana
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Niiiiice!:rose:

#45 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

It was so awesome - Tyler wants to renew our vows every year! :funny1: I suggested we could do it in 10 years, and he suggested five. :lol:

Congrats on your upcoming wedding - the whole process is so much fun! Planning an event with your true love to share with all your family and friends... Honestly, it is a delight from start to end! :jump:

Enjoy the moments! :mrgreen: :heart:

#46 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

I never even posted any pictures - our guests totally got into the whole 1920's theme... Here are some images:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image