beyblades

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

im referring to the toy (i believe its also a comic).... and yes i know its a toy - for kids - and im an adult - but i think they are really neat! plus im considering getting a set for my nephew for xmas so im not sure what to include.... an arena obviously but also several tops.. but the more im looking online the more im seeing there are accessories and other things too... had no idea it got so complicated!

any beyblade fans out there?

#2 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

for those not in the know beyblades are these tops that you "shoot" into an "arena"... the arena is basically just a plastic bowl that the tops spin in, u shoot a couple tops into the arena and whoever's top spins the longest is the winner. all the tops have diff strong points and weak points and u can shoot them different ways, alter them to change their strong/weak points and do other thigns..... like the little boy that taught me about these put a small amount of sand in his arena which changed how they spun, etc

#3 reba

reba
  • VibeTribe
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

http://www.target.co...et/-/A-14035265

#4 reba

reba
  • VibeTribe
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Beyblade metal fury performance top system destryoer dome!

#5 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,964 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

My son and his friends were really into them. We used a large plastic pan for an arena. (Metal is very loud.)

#6 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Wow that totally brings back memories of my young son.

#7 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Its like ultra-mega Dreidel 3000!

#8 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

ages 8-16

#9 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,964 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

The designs supposedly have differing properties of attack, balance, stamina, and defense.

There is also an ongoing debate about whether it is proper to put Tornado Battlers into battle with Metal Masters.

#10 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

The designs supposedly have differing properties of attack, balance, stamina, and defense.

There is also an ongoing debate about whether it is proper to put Tornado Battlers into battle with Metal Masters.

what are tornado battlers vs metal masters? are they both beyblades? i have been hunting on ebay for good deals and ive found lots of knock offs too.....

#11 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,964 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

They're both Beyblades. The tornado battlers are tall, tornado-shaped tops. The metal masters are the low, flat ones.