Photo
- - - - -

had a second phone interview with a dog rescue!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:10 AM

trying to rescue a basset hound..jebus this is hard. Had a phone interview last week, a SECOND phone interview with the director of the program today, she still has to call my vet back because apparently they couldn't find my cat's records (probably because we were just there last week and my vet uses a paper record system).

Anyways, she is going to send us an email with info on a basset hound mix sometime in the next couple of days, and asked if we would be able to adopt as early as next weekend! After all this crazyness, i'm not getting my hopes up until we are actually on our way to get the dog.

Actually, I'm getting my hopes up a lot. I'm super excited! :dance:!!

#2 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,233 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

cool. Mixes rock.

#3 wookie luvvah

wookie luvvah
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Sounds like the review is going well to me.

Our last pup was from a rescue. We had to do the interview thing as well as a long form, essay, and references. It was worth it as I was able to learn more about the pup and really know it would be a good match as part of the process.

#4 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

my new dog was from a rescue also. it might be easier to adopt a human considering all the info and rules on the application, but they were more than willing to bring dogs here to see which would be the best fit with my current pets. they really went out of their way for me. i don't know if they checked my refs/vet or not. it was the next day after i went to the adoption clinic on a saturday, that sunday afternoon they did a home visit bringing a couple dogs and said my home would be perfect. then it was a matter of choosing a dog which was a good fit for us. and she is sitting at my feet mauling a rawhide while the old puppy snores away :) whatta couple of cutie pies.

#5 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,743 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

Did you hear anything yet? :crazy:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! :grin:

#6 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

ugh still not! I am going crazy!

Maybe I'll send them an email...

#7 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

we were approved by the basset place! They matched us with this dog, and we're calling his foster parents tonight to get more info to see if we want to adopt him: http://www.petfinder...?petid=12498063

#8 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

he's adorable, looks like he might have some cocker spaniel in there.

#9 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

you think? The rescue place thinks he is a Basset-Labrador mix based on his personality and face, and my fiance thinks he is a basset-beagle mix based on his size...we may never know

#10 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,743 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Awwwwww so cute! :heart:

His size definitely looks like he could be a beagle mix. A lab mix he probably would have been bigger, maybe a little taller. Love the coloring! :)

#11 donna4128

donna4128
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

sweet looking pup! looks reall muscular and strong! best wishes, bassetts are awesome!

#12 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:42 AM

we are going to meet/probably adopt him tomorrow!!