• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

My husband is Taurus, I'm Aquarius. Knew it would be tough from the start, but it's getting tougher.

He loves: talking about feelings, multiple phone calls a day, watching me sleep, wants thanks for everything he does, wants recognition for every little thing, expects certain reactions and is constantly disappointed when people don't do as he expected. Totally grounded in earth and fixed plans etc. Spontaneous freaks him out. Cannot switch gears (I know how negative I'm making this sound, it's not all bad!)

Me, am creeped out at him watching me sleep. Prefer not talking on the phone, Love having no plans and just seeing where we go, think a lot, like privacy, quiet and somewhat spacey, don't expect anything, and have a hard time with feelings.

Any suggestions for me to accept him more and not roll my eyes at his 'quirks'? He's so good to me, but a bit overwhelming with all his 'feeling'. Sometimes I tell him he's more the woman in this marriage then I am! He agrees.

#2 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,421 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

it's hard, squared fixed signs. focus on how much he loves you. excuse him his emotions, even if you don't understand them. focus on what made you fall in love with him in the 1st place. be honored that he wants to watch you sleep. do you know how much he must love you to want to take in your beauty while you're sleeping!? ;)

taurus is all about beauty, appreciation, substantial things that one can define. it's very personal and grounded.

aquarius is all about big picture, detachment from the personal, esp emotional detachment. it's all about social, spiritual and humanitarian pursuits.

good luck, not an easy combo but there are a lot of signs and houses in each of your charts besides the sun and where it resides. somewhere in there is the reason you are together.

#3 namaste

namaste
  • VibeTribe
  • 495 posts
  • Locationpine plains, ny

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

thanks sums. You hit the nail right on the head. As I said, I knew it wouldn't be easy, we've been together 9 years now and I was coming off a very unemotional divorce. This man was so different, I couldn't believe my good luck. He even said that he was always so selfish, but that I make him feel for the first time in his life that he is a character in MY story rather than everything being about him. But he still does place lots of value on the here and now, the substantial as you said. thanks for the response, I will go back to the early days and remember the greatness of why we are together...peace

#4 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,421 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

:)

#5 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

My husband is Taurus, I'm Aquarius. Knew it would be tough from the start, but it's getting tougher.

He loves: talking about feelings, multiple phone calls a day, watching me sleep, wants thanks for everything he does, wants recognition for every little thing, expects certain reactions and is constantly disappointed when people don't do as he expected. Totally grounded in earth and fixed plans etc. Spontaneous freaks him out. Cannot switch gears (I know how negative I'm making this sound, it's not all bad!)

Me, am creeped out at him watching me sleep. Prefer not talking on the phone, Love having no plans and just seeing where we go, think a lot, like privacy, quiet and somewhat spacey, don't expect anything, and have a hard time with feelings.

Any suggestions for me to accept him more and not roll my eyes at his 'quirks'? He's so good to me, but a bit overwhelming with all his 'feeling'. Sometimes I tell him he's more the woman in this marriage then I am! He agrees.

i just did this too ,aquarius female taurus male ,and it was just a reminder of why i will never do aquarius again. you chicks are fucked up. My proof is your own words.. anything you just listed has nothing to do with being a male taurus. Some of the things you listed about yourself are more Taurus than aquarius.
in my opinion you should cut this off before it becomes an astrological nightmare for the both of ya's.

#6 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,421 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

roo, there are a whole bunch more planets at play then just the sun ;)

a good thing to do is have a qualified astrologer look at the whole chart for compatibility. that way you learn where to dive in and where to give each other space, how all your energies intersect, where you are all set and where you need some work. it can be eye opening! (in a good way)