Teenage Migraine?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,860 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

I picked up my 13 year old daughter from school this morning with her first migraine- vision problems in one eye where everything was whited reporting she couldn't see, trouble talking and and getting her thoughts out of her mouth, numb lips, then the headache started, she looked terrible, nausea-went right to my dark room and comfy bed to lay down, puked after a while which made her feel better. Slept most of the day luckily. The nurse said she sees this in young girls who just started menstruating because the rush of hormones seem to set it off....any of you mothers of older daughters see this? If so did it occur often or was it a one off thing? What Abby describes is exactly like the maybe three or four I've had in my mid twenties on, but I never had one as a teen. Poor babygirl. Luckily she feels much better now, although still has the headache.

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,734 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Sounds like equilibrium impairing migraines. I got them when I was four. Ended up with a spinal tap. My niece gets those too. The pills they gave her were not good.

#3 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

JP had them as a teen....a growing pains thing I think? They passed after a couple of years....

#4 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

No, I'm sorry....I'm very anti "doctor calls" but this one would result in one FOR SURE!

#5 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Even sounds like Lyme.

#6 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,860 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I utilize my doctor's office regularly, they're awesome. This was most definitely a migraine, and if her symptoms persisted for more than a few hours I would have called, but there's really nothing to be done except to make her as comfortable as possible in the dark and quiet and ride it out. She was back to herself by the afternoon except the headache. Other than headache there were no other lyme symptoms. I'm really just hoping this doesn't become a regular issue for her- why I posted and was asking others experiences.

#7 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

ahhh, gotcha. Well I'm so glad it only lasted a little while. I get a headache just reading that first post. :lol:

#8 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,105 posts

if it happens again, I would def call.. Right?

#9 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,105 posts

Parenting is so fucking hard....ha

#10 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,860 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Oh taking care of my babygirl when she doesn't feel good is easy. Of course I feel awful for her, but I'm pretty good at that- now dealing with my moody 15 year old emotional one minute joking around and hanging out with us the next minute "I hate life everything sucks" is :bang:

:lol:

#11 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

migrains can be something more serious, so i would definitely involve her dr. i got them for years, turned out to be an allergy.