meet Lucy

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Lucy the puggle recently joined our little family! :bouncey: :bouncey: :bouncey:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,806 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Everytime you write about this cute little doggie, I can't help but hear her name in Ricky Riccardo's voice. :funny1:

#3 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,097 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

*snort* *snort* *grunt* ::doggie kisses:: AW! :heart: :melts:

please keep pictures coming! :clapping:
i have to scratch my puppy itch somehow :dunno:

#4 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

:funny1: Dee, she is sitting at my feet going snort snort, grunt grunt right now :) i think she likes you! :bouncey:

and i totally understand the puppy itch. it escalated for us throughout the summer and into the fall...leading to this. *sigh* so, so happy to have this sweet little girl in our home. it was WAY too masculine here for a long time. ahhh, balance :heart: :)

Jen that's my greeting to her any time i have to leave her alone at home. Luuuuuuucy - i'm HOME!

#5 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Lucy!!! :heart:

#6 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,447 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Lucy in my cereal, Lucy in my tea, Lucy in my frontal lobe makes it tough to see.

#7 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,367 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

she's just the cutest thing! :)

#8 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

she's adapting so, so well to her new lifestyle. at her old home, she was alone all day every day and when she needed to go out, they'd put her on a lead in the back yard, which was never picked up afterward. so she was overweight, stinky and not socialized at all. still, she was the sweetest little thing and we became really attached to her while she stayed with us during Sandy and in the weeks after. we're so glad her owners decided she belongs with us :)

when we started taking her for walks she'd do her business and then sit in the middle of the street and refuse to go any further. but now she hardly ever wants a walk to end (unless it's really cold or raining outside) and she loves our little adventures. we take her down to Smithville with us for festivals where she is surrounded by people and other dogs and she gets tons of attention...and she's starting to love every moment of it. she's also lost a ton of weight and is already down a full size in her harness. that's a big change for such a little dog!

we're learning how to appease her need to root around and hunt with toys and games intended for just that, and i'm working hard to teach her that i'm as much the boss as Jason is, as she accepts him as her pack leader but tests me sometimes. i'm learning though, and so is she. the cats haven't exactly warmed to her yet, but she hardly notices and never reacts when they get hissy with her. i hope some day they just accept her as part of the family. they're slow to adjust to any changes, so this one's not surprising. they've had no competition from other animals for the past 10 years, though they did live with 2 large dogs a long, long time ago in their first home and i've seen photos of them cuddling together in the cutest way.

she usually sleeps in the living room but on those nights when we give her free reign in the house, she tucks herself in right between Jason and i and refuses to budge :lol: and man, does she snore! but it's adorable and we can't wait to take her camping for the first time next April, see how she takes to it.

aww man i just love this little girl. and it's so nice to have another female in the house! i love all my boys but this new balance is nice.

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,114 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Adorable and she certainly sounds like a love. :heart:

#10 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:47 PM