Photo

Washington Ave Armory (Albany) To Continue Events..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,919 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Anyone know more about this story. This is where Phil and Friends played in 2005 and moe. played there twice too.

from pollstar...

Armory To Continue Events

10:30 AM Monday 12/3/12 0| Posted Image 0 |

The management of Washington Avenue Armory in Albany, N.Y., has reached an agreement with the city to resume hosting events that were put on hold after a dance party turned violent.

Police say some of the estimated 2,000 people waiting to get inside the venue Oct. 18 for a “foam party” became combative and fought with officers when they tried to disperse the crowd because of safety issues.

#2 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

From what I've heard, this has to do with how the Armory moves people in and out. They need to work on their logistics so that large lines don't form and people get antsy outside waiting to get in.

#3 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,793 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

They had an oversold event. A big problem of it being everyone wanting to be on the floor and not up in the stands. They are now selling GA Floor and GA Stand tickets for future events to avoid such problems. They seem to mostly have "raves" there lately really poppy ones. Hopefully they will have something cool again sometime. It's a fun place to see a show, I even enjoyed moe. there :lol:

#4 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,696 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

the neighbors were saying their issues are when the events get out, which i can believe.

#5 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Its also kind of hard to pass out a flyer and basically promote alcohol poisoning and then have it be an all ages show.