The Fiscal Cliff

• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#151 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Well, he could be a total wanker like you. So there is that.

#152 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Posted Image

#153 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

We could, and as this thread shows people do try. But some people are just the plague. Looking for laughs and general derailment because the intellectual bankruptcy is so severe there isn't another tactic. So we have this constant weird guy at the party. :dunno:

#154 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

I bet you're just the life of the party preaching about Ron Paul and fiat currency

it's a big world out there with a lot of weird people. You should get out more.

#155 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

How to Develop a Sense of Humor

12 authors | 32 revisions | Last updated: September 23, 2012

Article
EditDiscuss

Posted Image

If you have a sense of humor, more boys/girls will like you, and you may make new friends. Here are a few tips to help develop your sense of humor.

<a href="http://www.wikihow.c...edit&section=1" id="gatEditSection" title="Edit section: Steps">EditSteps

• 1 Observe life. Life offers many humorous moments; you need to be watching out for them and taking note of them.

• 2 Talk more often. If you do not have a sense of humor, you may be shy. To get over this, try talking to at least 10 people (boys and girls) a day. You can even compliment them to start a conversation. If you aren't comfortable talking to peers, talk to your younger sibling's friends, or your parent's friends. This will get you comfortable enough to talk more often.

• 3 Watch comedies and read funny articles. Try to watch romantic comedies, regular comedies, and go on websites like mylifeisaverage.com and fmylife.com. Pay attention to the witty jokes. Eventually, you will understand why others think some things are so funny.

• 4 Ask funny friends for tips and tricks on how they improved their humor. Watch out though, some people are just born this way!

• 5 Be ready to try out jokes on people. They won't always work but you'll soon get the hang of it and learn what makes people laugh.

• 6 Lighten up. If you're taking things too seriously, it's too hard to be funny. Stop viewing everything as an intelligence test and start seeing the lighter side of life.

• 7 Open up! Smile more often, and laugh even when something may not be funny. When you open yourself up, you will begin to see things you haven't seen before!

#156 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Those of us who've sat around a fire with TASB on a summer night know that he doesn't need any lessons about gettin' a sense of humor. :)

#157 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

maybe you're the one who needs lessons, then.

and can you really count being shitfaced around a fire as having a sense of humor? Some people think everything is funny after a few drinks.

It's really your ability to laugh at yourself in hard times (and when you're sober) that is the true test of a sense of humor in my opinion.

#158 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

I bet you're just the life of the party preaching about Ron Paul and fiat currency

it's a big world out there with a lot of weird people. You should get out more.

Says the guy that doesn't work and sits home trolling the internet all day.

#159 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Says the guy that doesn't work and sits home trolling the internet all day.

and what are you doing right now? hypocrite.

#160 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

do you post on here from work? Who do you work for? I'm sure they'd be interested in knowing you're fucking off on their dime.

#161 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Or maybe you're the one who needs lessons in understanding when, where and how humor works. You come into a thread built to have a discussion and start flinging shit. Then you want to call "humor". Yeah, haha. You're so funny PF.

Start a thread on it then. Why come into a conversationn for attention? Are you lonely? Demented? Or really this clueless?
Why ARE you here? Are you here to make friends with people who you could give a shit about their opinion and call everyone a bunch of plastic hippies?

You're confused, dude. We all joke around here on this board, and there is plenty of fool comments, but what you offer is something entirely different. And not in a good way. Now that I've wasted my breath addressing this age old problem, we'll see you at the next discussion party pulling the same shit. Because you never get it, and if you do, you dont give a fuck about anyone but yourself on this board.

#162 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

by the way... just to prove you don't know what you're talking about... I work as often as possible. Sometimes I work half a day a week, sometimes I work 60 hours. Sometimes during the day, sometimes the evening, and sometimes late night... so don't act like you have any clue as to my work schedule or habits.

#163 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Or maybe you're the one who needs lessons in understanding when, where and how humor works. You come into a thread built to have a discussion and start flinging shit. Then you want to call "humor". Yeah, haha. You're so funny PF.

Start a thread on it then. Why come into a conversationn for attention? Are you lonely? Demented? Or really this clueless?
Why ARE you here? Are you here to make friends with people who you could give a shit about their opinion and call everyone a bunch of plastic hippies?

You're confused, dude. We all joke around here on this board, and there is plenty of fool comments, but what you offer is something entirely different. And not in a good way. Now that I've wasted my breath addressing this age old problem, we'll see you at the next discussion party pulling the same shit. Because you never get it, and if you do, you dont give a fuck about anyone but yourself on this board.

:cry: you sound so butt-hurt

go do the job you're getting paid for, loafer.

#164 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

maybe you're the one who needs lessons, then.

and can you really count being shitfaced around a fire as having a sense of humor? Some people think everything is funny after a few drinks.

It's really your ability to laugh at yourself in hard times (and when you're sober) that is the true test of a sense of humor in my opinion.

You really, really, really don't know me.

#165 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

No, he definitely does not. And I'm sure he doesn't care either. He plays his character on the internet, as sad as that may be.

#166 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

you complain that your taxes are so high... when the hell do you have any time to even do any work? You post here twice as often as I do if not more.

#167 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

you sure act like you know me.

#168 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,292 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

:rolling:

#169 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

when I work, I sweat my ass off and come home sometimes with bruises and bloody knuckles. My muscles are tired and sore. I can't even stand on my feet at the end of the week and have to rest the entire weekend just to make it back to work on Monday morning.

I don't work in a climate controlled office building, either. I work outside when it's 32 below, and in boiler rooms when it's 98 degrees outside and 120 degrees inside.

I work where there's no plumbing or electricity so that you can have these conveniences. So, don't act like you know me.

#170 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

I've worked at GE in Schenectady where they build turbines that generate electricity. I've worked at GE in waterford where they make Silicone. I'm qualified to work around hazardous materials, in confined spaces, and around high voltages.

I've worked in paper mills and chemical plants and a couple semiconductor manufacturing facilities. I've worked around asbestos, lead, arc welding, heavy machinery, and I've worked on live electrical circuits. In fact, I even took a class and got certified to weld myself.

I've installed complete fire alarm systems, nurses call, security, PA, and cameras/motion sensors, motors, motor/process controls, temperature controls, general and specialty lighting and power, and I'm sure a lot more that I'm not remembering.

Tell me what your big accomplishments are.

#171 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

:rolling:

#172 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

yeah, you sit at a desk all day and FAP off to the Daily Paul.

#173 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

#174 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

just setting the record straight here for you holier-than-thou's who think you work so hard

and whose day is ruined if the coffee machine runs out of creamer. (or someone pops popcorn in your office and stinks the place up, etc.)

#175 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

You got them good, derp. You really showed them.The record, it has been set straight. :rolling:

#176 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

#177 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Dude who cares who works or who doesnt?

Such a lame arguement. :lol: we all know its the Vibeguides who are probably working yet always on this thing :lol:

#178 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I've worked at GE in Schenectady where they build turbines that generate electricity. I've worked at GE in waterford where they make Silicone. I'm qualified to work around hazardous materials, in confined spaces, and around high voltages.

I've worked in paper mills and chemical plants and a couple semiconductor manufacturing facilities. I've worked around asbestos, lead, arc welding, heavy machinery, and I've worked on live electrical circuits. In fact, I even took a class and got certified to weld myself.

I've installed complete fire alarm systems, nurses call, security, PA, and cameras/motion sensors, motors, motor/process controls, temperature controls, general and specialty lighting and power, and I'm sure a lot more that I'm not remembering.

Tell me what your big accomplishments are.

This is good to know. I've sold, designed, built, installed and maintained several million dollars worth of equipment to these very sites. In fact, you've probably worked on some of my projects before. You see, because you sit around waiting for people to tell you what to do while others create your work. I qualify people like you and help write your manuals.

As far as my work ethic and commitment to what I do? It's laughable to try and prove that to you.

#179 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

So you could write a manual for PF on how to make friends on the board?
Or maybe a manual on how to stay on the current subjects?

or maybe just write a manual that leads to a KYS for the Derp?

#180 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

when I work, I sweat my ass off and come home sometimes with bruises and bloody knuckles. My muscles are tired and sore. I can't even stand on my feet at the end of the week and have to rest the entire weekend just to make it back to work on Monday morning.

I don't work in a climate controlled office building, either. I work outside when it's 32 below, and in boiler rooms when it's 98 degrees outside and 120 degrees inside.

I work where there's no plumbing or electricity so that you can have these conveniences. So, don't act like you know me.

So you could write a manual for PF on how to make friends on the board?
Or maybe a manual on how to stay on the current subjects?

or maybe just write a manual that leads to a KYS for the Derp?

no, not worth the time. But I think PF deserves a cookie for his life choices. It's hard out there but it makes it just a little bit easier knowing someone like PF is there to provide for us. You know, so we can have nice things. Meanwhile, he is at the bottom rung just fighting to keep us comfortable.

#181 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

you sure act like you know me.

:lol:

#182 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,292 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

we all know its the Vibeguides who are probably working yet always on this thing :lol:

If that were true, this thread would have been locked down long ago for all the personal attacks. :spank:

#183 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'd be very surprised if you were able to find anywhere on these boards where I've commented on anything about you that didn't have to do with the way you carry yourself on these boards.

You, on the other hand, have been happy to make all sorts of assumptions about me and my life outside of here.

Last word is yours if you want it. I'm done. Again.

#184 syd_25

syd_25
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,058 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Ct

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Posted Image

#185 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

:lol:

#186 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

drop ur socks and grab ur cocks...we're goin over :panic:

#187 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

We're all going to hell anyway

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/BQRMvg5TAl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#188 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Physical Cliff :funny1:

#189 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

I hope we do go over the "fiscal cliff"

#190 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

fiscal fistulas will be had by all

#191 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Damn straight. I'll be hangin' out with my wang out.

#192 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

wang it up :lol:

#193 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

im gonna festoon wall street with my creamy filling....its gonna be a milky white christmas

#194 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

These snowflakes taste...familiar

Posted Image

#195 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

5 Things Really Smart People Do

Posted: 12/05/2012 9:16 am EST Updated: 12/05/2012 3:13 pm EST

Posted Image

Posted Image

[url=""%20id="]1,336[/url]
[url=""%20id="]28[/url]
[url=""%20id="]397[/url]
[url=""%20id="]953[/url]

GET SMALL BUSINESS ALERTS:
[url=""%20style="]SIGN UP[/url]

REACT:

Amazing
Inspiring
Funny
Scary
Hot
Crazy
Important
Weird

FOLLOW:

Albert Einstein, Really Smart People, Smart People, Inc, Inc. Magazine, Small Business News

Posted Image

By Kevin Daum, visit Inc.

Most people don't really think much about how they learn. Generally you assume learning comes naturally. You listen to someone speak either in conversation or in a lecture and you simply absorb what they are saying, right? Not really. In fact, I find as I get older that real learning takes more work. The more I fill my brain with facts, figures, and experience, the less room I have for new ideas and new thoughts. Plus, now I have all sorts of opinions that may refute the ideas being pushed at me. Like many people I consider myself a lifelong learner, but more and more I have to work hard to stay open minded.

But the need for learning never ends, so your desire to do so should always outweigh your desire to be right. The world is changing and new ideas pop up everyday; incorporating them into your life will keep you engaged and relevant. The following are the methods I use to stay open and impressionable. They'll work for you too. No matter how old you get.

1. Quiet Your Inner Voice

You know the one I am talking about. It's the little voice that offers a running commentary when you are listening to someone. It's the voice that brings up your own opinion about the information being provided. It is too easy to pay more attention to the inner voice than the actual speaker. That voice often keeps you from listening openly for good information and can often make you shut down before you have heard the entire premise. Focus less on what your brain has to say and more on the speaker. You may be surprised at what you hear.

2. Argue With Yourself

If you can't quiet the inner voice, then at least use it to your advantage. Every time you hear yourself contradicting the speaker, stop and take the other point of view. Suggest to your brain all the reasons why the speaker may be correct and you may be wrong. In the best case you may open yourself to the information being provided. Failing that, you will at least strengthen your own argument.

RELATED: 8 Habits of Remarkably Successful People

3. Act Like You Are Curious

Some people are naturally curious and others are not. No matter which category you are in you can benefit from behaving like a curious person. Next time you are listening to information, make up and write down three to five relevant questions. If you are in a lecture, Google them after for answers. If you are in a conversation you can ask the other person. Either way you'll likely learn more, and the action of thinking up questions will help encode the concepts in your brain. As long as you're not a cat you should benefit from these actions of curiosity.

4. Find the Kernel of Truth

No concept or theory comes out of thin air. Somewhere in the elaborate concept that sounds like complete malarkey there is some aspect that is based upon fact. Even if you don't buy into the idea, you should at least identify the little bit of truth from whence it came. Play like a detective and build your own extrapolation. You'll enhance your skills of deduction and may even improve the concept beyond the speaker's original idea.

RELATED: How to Be Happier at Work

5. Focus on the Message Not the Messenger

Often people shut out learning due to the person delivering the material. Whether it's a boring lecturer, someone physically unappealing, or a member of the opposite political party, the communicator can impact your learning. Even friends can disrupt the learning process since there may be too much history and familiarity to see them as an authority on a topic. Separate the material from the provider. Pretend you don't know the person or their beliefs so you can hear the information objectively. As for the boring person, focus on tip two, three, or four as if it were a game, thereby creating your own entertainment.

#196 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

/thread

#197 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

This is good to know. I've sold, designed, built, installed and maintained several million dollars worth of equipment to these very sites. In fact, you've probably worked on some of my projects before. You see, because you sit around waiting for people to tell you what to do while others create your work. I qualify people like you and help write your manuals.

As far as my work ethic and commitment to what I do? It's laughable to try and prove that to you.

ok, yeah. so you sit on your ass all day and push a pencil, all the while posting on the vibes message board.

You're the reason jobs go over cost... because you don't have a clue what really goes on in the field.

If it weren't for people like me who actually do the work, you would be lost.

But go ahead and judge me if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I have a feeling that you're over weight and balding anyway. Karma.

#198 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

/thread

I definitely didn't expect you to take the time to read this. It's just funny for everyone else.

#199 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

ok, yeah. so you sit on your ass all day and push a pencil, all the while posting on the vibes message board.

You're the reason jobs go over cost... because you don't have a clue what really goes on in the field.

If it weren't for people like me who actually do the work, you would be lost.

But go ahead and judge me if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I have a feeling that you're over weight and balding anyway.

Says the union turd that has to take his 15 minute - coffee break. :lmao:

#200 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

I definitely didn't expect you to take the time to read this. It's just funny for everyone else.

You're about as funny as falling into a cactus. Nobody likes you, because we're all plastic hippies.