• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Discuss.

*this thread is not related to anyboardie in this community.

Any thought of such is purely egotistical.

#2 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

the drug you take to quit using that other drug?

#3 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

with the potential side effect of tossing a rope around yer neck

#4 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

seems like a great idea :thup:

#5 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

yeah, it seems to be not to uncommon amongst chantix users.... who the fuck wants to quit smoking so bad they ride the closet swing

#6 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Cigarette smoking seems preferable.

edit = unless you are in the pharmie business....)

#7 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,393 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

The only thing that has worked for me, so far, is just not smoking the fucking things. The 600 bucks my savings has gone up in the last two months is pretty awesome too.

#8 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

The only thing that has worked for me, so far, is just not smoking the fucking things. The 600 bucks my savings has gone up in the last two months is pretty awesome too.

keepitup

#9 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

my ex tried it almost lost her mind she said... would not recommend... would recommend the Gregoir Method®

#10 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I just started this again this morning. I've taken in twice now and quit smoking for I dunno- 5 months or so pretty easily. The only reason I went back to smoking is because I thought I was cool enough to have one occasionally, which turned into when I just drink, which turned into when I drink I smoke a pack of smokes that night, once a week or so. But I'm so done- I know it makes me feel like shit. Clearly II'm not cool enough.

So anyways- like I said- it was really really effective at stopping the cravings. Didn't even want one. I found the dose the doctor prescribed was way too high, and was basically just what the drug company suggested- and made me feel icky and weird. So I called the pharmacist to ask if it was a pill I could cut in half, and it is- so rather than taking the 1 mg twice a day I was prescribed, I took 0.5mg in the morning and then another 0.5mg occasionally in the afternoon if I was having a difficult day or if I was going out that night and likely having a couple cocktails. That dose really worked well for me and the side effects were manageable.

If you are afraid to dream, this drug is not for you. Some folks have terrors- I don't -but the dreams are VERY VERY vivid and VERY VERY bizarre- personally I found it to be one of the more interesting aspects and indulged in in it immensely. It also jhas a stimulant quality for the first couple hours you take it, but I found it helped me focus at work so those times I would normally be thinking, I should go have a butt- I could keep focusing on my task and realize and hour later I never thought about smoking in that time, and still didn't have a craving.

From what I understand if you're going to be one of those folks that really can't take it, than you know pretty quickly.Again- I really feel like more people could use this successfully if they kept at the much lower dose than is suggested.

#11 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

please be careful :heart:

a highschool crush hung her self this past weekend - ... had commented to people about the Chantix I'm told, how it made her feel "off"

#12 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,449 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

((( unbroken_chain)))

Love, Light & Inner Peace :heart:

#13 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,696 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

a highschool crush hung her self this past weekend - ... had commented to people about the Chantix I'm told, how it made her feel "off"

Sorry about your loss, Chris. :heart:

I only know a few people who have had any success with Chantix, most ended up smoking again, several of them ended up smoking more.

#14 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

oh no... bear in mind I was in high school..... um - some time ago... I have not seen or spoken to this person in over 25 years.