Photo

If you knew you only had 18 days to live...

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

...what would you do? Would you go about your day-to-day routine? Would you start doing bucket-list activities? Would you have wonton lusty sex with whoever you fancy, damn the consequences (what consequences?)

Would you try every dangerous addictive substance just for curiosity? Would you just want to spend time with loved ones, or go out on your own one last time? Would you be terrified into non-action?

In this situation, everyone knows the world is ending...no one will survive this event. This isnt a "you are sick and gonna die" typ deal, this is "we arr all gonnna die" type of situation.

Would this change anything?

Think it over, love to hear thoughts on this.

#2 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

assuming i could do nothing to change the course of impending doom, i'd quit work; take the curs, and visit some dear friends on the way to my parents. i would do my best to accept impending death, and be as happy and comfortable as i could manage. :)

#3 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,999 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I would open up my hospital room to the public so everyone can pay their last respects, ask for forgiveness, ask to be healed, start a new chapter in the Bible, etc.

Oh...and forgive the sins of 2 super hot bookers...after one more sin :naughty:

#4 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

In this situation, everyone knows the world is ending...no one will survive this event. This isnt a "you are sick and gonna die" typ deal, this is "we arr all gonnna die" type of situation.

#5 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,594 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

I'd rent a car, pull my kids out of school, and do a quick east coast tour of my friends before heading south for the beach, where I'd meet my family to spend the last days.

#6 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Thats assuming your kids would wanna do that.

It brings up interesting thoughts for me. For those with older kids, what do you do when you want to do one thing, but they want to do other things before they actually die. What becomes forbidden, and what becomes possible under no oter circumstance?

#7 crazysage

crazysage
  • VibeTribe
  • 863 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

who knows what I would do if ever acutally presented with this scenario but I hope I would surround myself with all those close to me, that want to spend our final days together and appreciate every moment left

#8 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

one thing i would do for sure. :pimp: a huge fat one woth my parents.

#9 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,594 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Thats assuming your kids would wanna do that.

It brings up interesting thoughts for me. For those with older kids, what do you do when you want to do one thing, but they want to do other things before they actually die. What becomes forbidden, and what becomes possible under no oter circumstance?

I was responding to your original post. I'm sure my kids would be fine for road trip with me. :lol:

The answer to your question that the world was going to end in 18 days is very different because it set up different scenarios in my mind. :smile:

#10 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Engage in earthly delights as well as a retrospection of this lifetime.

#11 PieDoh

PieDoh
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'd stop posting

#12 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

i'd take my kid outta school and spend every second with her.

#13 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,697 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Be sad.

#14 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Well, there are variables that need to be address to make any answer to this. Am I bed ridden with a disease? Etc..

Presuming i am healthy, I would look for ways to die at the hands of adrenaline thrills. Skydiving, avalanche snowboarding, extreme mt. biking. I'd essentially see which slice of nature was going to get me before the 18 day cut off.

#15 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,999 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

If its end of world stuff...substitute hospital bed with bedroom

And its hookers not bookers...

Then I would kill Bill Gates and take his place on the space ship :smile:

#16 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

I editted my OP for clarity.

#17 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Such an event with fore knowledge would lead to panic on a scale we've never seen. What anyone does, I would imagine, is try to maintain for the duration. Because if this was everyone, the whole kit-n-caboodle would shut down. Panic, riots, shortages, etc..

It would be a shit show of epic proportions.

#18 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,967 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well, there are variables that need to be address to make any answer to this. Am I bed ridden with a disease? Etc..

Presuming i am healthy, I would look for ways to die at the hands of adrenaline thrills. Skydiving, avalanche snowboarding, extreme mt. biking. I'd essentially see which slice of nature was going to get me before the 18 day cut off.

#19 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,697 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

...what would you do? Would you go about your day-to-day routine? Would you start doing bucket-list activities? Would you have wonton lusty sex with whoever you fancy, damn the consequences (what consequences?)

Would you try every dangerous addictive substance just for curiosity? Would you just want to spend time with loved ones, or go out on your own one last time? Would you be terrified into non-action?

Think it over, love to hear thoughts on this.

It is prolly too late for me to get a big gun.

I am sure raping and pillaging will be rampant/

#20 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

I would take my kids on a life changing trip & then be with family

#21 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,829 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

I'd start a thread.

#22 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

For those with kids, what if they wanted to try p0t, L, or some other kind of high, or what if they said they wanted to know what sex was like? What if your kids wanted to do something dangerous and/or normally forbidden...would you try to stop them?

What about if you are married, would you want to have sex with another person once more before you all die? Would you choose to rock the boat and try what you most desire, or would you try to keep the status-quo and maintain some sort pf normalcy?

Trying to get some deep, strange thoughts going on this, beyond what is mostly expected (time with friends, family, skydiving, eating anything you want, etc)

#23 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I would hope to act with honor and integrity, not cast them aside due to limited days.

#24 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

It's all about the sex and drugs. That's what Hoagie wants to talk about.

#25 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,594 posts

:lol: Forbidden. :lol: Living hasn't stopped me, death sure isn't going to.

#26 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,594 posts

It's all about the sex and drugs. That's what Hoagie wants to talk about.

:lol: Children having sex and doing drugs.

#27 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

As a reminder, please note: drug talk is an off limits topic on this message board.

#28 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Even if there are only 18 days left of the messageboard and its participants, TEO?

#29 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just trying to push some minds to consider things not really ever considered.

What happens when there is really no more accountability? I mean that in the way that there arent anymore "long term" repercussions. How do you remain an effective parent?

To answer TEO, when do your wants and desires trump being faithful or upholding moral obligations. If you DONT honor your obligations, who would really care, giventhe circumstances?

I personally would find it morally wrong to expect anyone to do anything...all bets would be off, as I believe everyone should be able to fulfill their every whim without guilt as the world comes crashing down. Anything else seems wrong.

#30 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Great example TASB. Would anyobe even care what anyone posts in a forum? What rules would become arbitrary, and which ones would be followed?

#31 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I try to live my life each day as if it could be my last, other than the going to work part. I don't require accountability to anyone other than myself to have the desire to honor moral obligations, otherwise I would not have taken them on in the first place.

#32 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Just trying to push some minds to consider things not really ever considered.

What happens when there is really no more accountability? I mean that in the way that there arent anymore "long term" repercussions. How do you remain an effective parent?

To answer TEO, when do your wants and desires trump being faithful or upholding moral obligations. If you DONT honor your obligations, who would really care, giventhe circumstances?

I personally would find it morally wrong to expect anyone to do anything...all bets would be off, as I believe everyone should be able to fulfill their every whim without guilt as the world comes crashing down. Anything else seems wrong.

A large portion of the world already lives without a moral compass. There is also a large portion that believe morals are built on a higher being. The end of the world would only confirm their beliefs even more. I dont think it would free everyone to do as they please and be free of obligations. Many would believe and act in the exact opposite manner based on their religious or spiritual beliefs.

#33 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

In other words, the end of the world would not be one giant party where everyone just walks around nekkid eating skittles and humping legs. Some would, some wouldn't. Some panic. Some would hoard..the list, it is endless.

#34 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I do wonder how many people would all of a sudden find God...

I dont really believe there would be many pious people toward the very end.

#35 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

In other words, the end of the world would not be one giant party where everyone just walks around nekkid eating skittles and humping legs. Some would, some wouldn't. Some panic. Some would hoard..the list, it is endless.

Agreed. For me, i would stop using condoms altogether :lol:

Thats just it. Looking for what YOU would do, as every person is different.

#36 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I figure the same people will find God in such a scenario as those who would find God near the normal end of their life, other than those who are still in their formative years.

#37 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Help those who would undoubtedly need help.

#38 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I figure the same people will find God in such a scenario as those who would find God near the normal end of their life, other than those who are still in their formative years.

So its predestined in your perspective?

#39 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

So its predestined in your perspective?

#40 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

No, not predestined, but rather our society has laid the foundation and many find comfort in such a belief.

#41 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I get that but why do you say that u think the same people would find God in this scenario or at the end of their life?

Couldnt the same be said that people are equally likely to lose their faith as hope of survival disappears altogether?

#42 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

That's the reason for people on thier death bed finding god. It's the loss of hope here and repalced with the hope that there is somewhere else they are headed. For 1,000s of years humans have been looking for meaning to the questions of life/death.

Religions tend to offer those answers/meanings.

#43 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,999 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Agreed. For me, i would stop using condoms altogether :lol:

Thats just it. Looking for what YOU would do, as every person is different.

Dude...pull your pud using your own fantasies freak boy :joker:

#44 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,700 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I get that but why do you say that u think the same people would find God in this scenario or at the end of their life?

Couldnt the same be said that people are equally likely to lose their faith as hope of survival disappears altogether?

I always figured those who "find God" at the end, have a need for the belief or have seen something to bring forth such faith in the face of leaving this physical life time.

#45 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,829 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

:: posts in epic thread ::

#46 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,697 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

I would not go to work.

#47 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

I always figured those who "find God" at the end, have a need for the belief or have seen something to bring forth such faith in the face of leaving this physical life time.

Or frightened beyond reason into finding comfort in something irrational...six to one half-dozen of the other dont you think?

#48 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Anything can and will happen in those 18 days.

The thing to remember is to enjoy 1 day at a time, never knowing exactly what the next day will bring, so live the existing one till you drop, then rinse and repeat.

If I knew the world was going to end on Dec 21, I'd be working on a new song with melodies we can sing as we all burn :)

#49 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Anything can and will happen in those 18 days.

The thing to remember is to enjoy 1 day at a time, never knowing exactly what the next day will bring, so live the existing one till you drop, then rinse and repeat.

If I knew the world was going to end on Dec 21, I'd be working on a new song with melodies we can sing as we all burn :)

A+ answer!

#50 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,550 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Unless of course that whim consisted of taking comfort in God because that shit is just irrational.

Obvious troll is obvious

Posted Image