Moonshiners

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I was kind of liking that show...until things stopped adding up. I just couldn't understand why people who are performing such illegal activity would put themselves out there like this.

As I dug in more, turns out this show is a complete fabrication.

http://www.foxnews.c...al-moonshining/

#2 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,869 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

kind of sad that they would try to pass it off as real like they do... I had a feeling though because they really weren't doing much to hide the identity of the "moonshiners" and I doubt they would be so loose about it if the people on the show were actually doing anything they shouldn't be

#3 Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yup that and also the car repo show, lot lizards or something, the eviction show and I think the Fox News too :lol:

#4 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,869 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

:lol:

#5 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

In the last few episodes, a couple of guys are digging a secret still facility right under the (main?) stage of the Plum Hollow Music festival. They don't even try to hide this fact. You can Google that festival's website, and find exactly where it is.

Coincidentally, it's also the home of a Moonshiners Reunion festival.

Surely ABC agents don't watch this TV show. LOL.

#6 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

I don't believe there is a reality show that isn't staged. Except for cops and the troopers show. Even cash cab has staged contestants.

#7 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Wait.......What Tv isnt real?! :shocked:

#8 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Yep.. Like the guy that asked to keep his identity secret so they blur him out, a couple of them did say they were making legal shine but would go back to the illegal to get their operations going.. Tabbooma likes them Robertson boys ;)

#9 Col_Sandoz

Col_Sandoz
  • VibeTribe
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Duck Commanders for the win

#10 Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

I don't believe there is a reality show that isn't staged. Except for cops and the troopers show. Even cash cab has staged contestants.

yes this it true, my cuzin how does stand up comedy in NYC was hired for cash cab.

#11 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Why would they fix the Cash Cab?? That makes no sense to me...

#12 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

all reality programming is contrived horseshit.

however I do enjoy an episode of pawn stars or american pickers

#13 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Why would they fix the Cash Cab?? That makes no sense to me...

becuz they don't have time to hope for truly intelligent and/or entertaining persons to board the cab and sign the release and shit.

#14 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

all reality programming is contrived horseshit.

however I do enjoy an episode of pawn stars or american pickers

American Pickers has become so much more entertaining since I started to pretend that Mike and Frank are in-the-closet gay lovers. Thats why they always travel togeter and leave Danielle back at the office...

#15 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

American Pickers has become so much more entertaining since I started to pretend that Mike and Frank are in-the-closet gay lovers. Thats why they always travel togeter and leave Danielle back at the office...

nice way to out them. :rolling:

#16 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

:lol: and they always want to buy each other "a steak" or something...after antiqueing all day long.

#17 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,876 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

speaking of "Cops" I was watching an old episode the other day and could swear it was somewhat staged..... it just did not seem... really real.

#18 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

This is old news already, but even "Man vs Wild" wasn't immune from misleading viewers. But they responded by updating their disclaimers.

#19 fin_fang_foom

fin_fang_foom
  • VibeTribe
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yep.. Like the guy that asked to keep his identity secret so they blur him out, a couple of them did say they were making legal shine but would go back to the illegal to get their operations going.. Tabbooma likes them Robertson boys ;)

I was "forced" to watch a Duck Dynasty marathon the day after Thanksgiving with my sister and her family, and you know what, I liked it. Some backwoods charm going on there. American Restoration is my favorite of that ilk, though.

#20 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

I finally see the "angle" behind Moonshiners. I see it as an elaborate sales pitch for Tim Smith's Legal Moonshining endeavor. Not unlike how Orange County Choppers became a multi million dollar business from the American Chopper Exposure. Tim Smith *was* a moonshiner, but he's retired from that game now. The freakin guy has his own website even. http://timsmithmoonshine.com/