• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,403 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

We are in the home stretch for opening the store. We have a plumber to install the work, the price is very good with the caveat we have to purchase the plumbing.

What this means is we purchased 2 new sinks and have to get the lines to run to and from the sink to the already existing drainage. We also need to get the hard ware for the sinks, faucets.

I have been told not to go to Lowes or home depot because there stuff is home grade not commercial grade like we need for the store.

So two questions:

Where do I purchase these items?

What exactly am I looking for in terms on pipe drainage for new sinks?

I assume where ever I go to purchase these items they would know what I needed, prolly.

#2 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,918 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

No apostrophe needed. Questions is plural not possessive!!!

Sorry, it's one of my pet peeves. I don't know shit about plumbing, but good luck. :lol:

#3 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,918 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Google commercial plumbing supply. Where you are there has to be half a dozen places.

#4 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ly,philadelphia

#5 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Go to supply house with your plumber, he/she should get a discount and will know what to get ;) Can also ask the plumber what supply house they use and go on line to pick out faucets and sinks.. Stanless with PVC drains shouls work, look at the depths of them and heights of the faucets, if in back room and out of sight then plain old commercial is cool, if for bathsrooms than Home depot or lowes will work ;)

#6 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Drain, waste, vent and copper piping is all the same grade wether it be lowes, Home Depot or Blackman plumbing.

What are these fixtures for? Sink? Bathroom?

#7 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,403 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

One is a three bin sink and one is a 24 inch stainless steel sink.

#8 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Blackman Plumbing they carry both home to rediculous fancy home to small commercial to massive commercial.

#9 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Just remember that shit flows down hill and all will be cool ;)

#10 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

liquidy shit :D

#11 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,918 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I assume the three bin is per the health dept. Make sure it's up to regs.

#12 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

And don't bite your finger nails. :wink:

#13 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,644 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Watch out for the plumbers crack too ;)

And don't bite your finger nails. :wink:

#14 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I would prolly get the triple basin in commercial grade and grab the s.s. one from Home Depot.

#15 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Either get it online or through your plumber's supply house. Your plumber will have a discount there - you will pay a premium if they sell it to you at all. Best bet - just talk to your plumber and see what they recommend and the source for it.

Also - see if there is a reclamation store or check your local restaurant supply stores. I know up here there is a used building material store that has great deals on used cabinets, sinks, etc. And they sometimes have some restaurant grade SS steel stuff from a renovation. And the local restaurant supply store also sometimes has used SS sinks from a restaurant upgrade. Worth looking into as the food-service grade stuff can be pretty expensive.

#16 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hire the Mario Brothers

#17 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Go to supply house with your plumber, he/she should get a discount and will know what to get ;) Can also ask the plumber what supply house they use and go on line to pick out faucets and sinks.. Stanless with PVC drains shouls work, look at the depths of them and heights of the faucets, if in back room and out of sight then plain old commercial is cool, if for bathsrooms than Home depot or lowes will work ;)

This! My guy (I trust as a friend) sets up an order of what is needed after meeting with me, and then I phone in the credit card info...

Also - see if there is a reclamation store or check your local restaurant supply stores. I know up here there is a used building material store that has great deals on used cabinets, sinks, etc. And they sometimes have some restaurant grade SS steel stuff from a renovation. And the local restaurant supply store also sometimes has used SS sinks from a restaurant upgrade. Worth looking into as the food-service grade stuff can be pretty expensive.

And this, restaurants go belly up all the time, so there's a good chance materials needed may be in resale mode.