Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

:heart:

In A Silent Way... referring to his.. um.... graphic. :undecided:

#61 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

Not sure how to deal with this one... she had an altercation with a boy at school... he called her a C**T so she responded and punched him in the face. :undecided:

Trying hard to teach her to ignore "name calling" .... as any response to such is giving the other person what they wanted.

She's grounded for two weeks.... and suspended for 3 days :carla:

#62 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,548 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

It sounds like you did the right thing. Teens tend to think with their fists -- if they're not thinking with other non-brain body parts. If she learns nothing else from this, it's that the person who retaliates is always the one who gets in trouble.

On the other hand, Man Code dictates that you have to beat up the kid's dad.

#63 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

If she learns nothing else from this, it's that the person who retaliates is always the one who gets in trouble.

True.

#64 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

So....Spidergawd and I were away for a week in NYC/NJ for work and a wedding. We got home late last night and the house was spotless. I mean kitchen and bathrooms were scrubbed, living room dusted and vaccumed by the resident teenager. This has never happened before! EVER. I was shocked. She balks at cleaning and asks that we keep paper plates in the house so she doesn't have to wash a dish.

Anyway, I looked in the fridge today and way in the back is a can of Busch Light (we do not drink that or have any friends in the area that do)

:joker:

#65 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

busted!!!! :one:

(as i was reading your post, i was wondering what she did that made her have to clean so thoroughly :funny1: )

#66 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,548 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

So not only is she a sneak, but she drinks shitty beer.

#67 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

:lmao:

Indeed!

#68 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,261 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:17 AM

So....Spidergawd and I were away for a week in NYC/NJ for work and a wedding. We got home late last night and the house was spotless. I mean kitchen and bathrooms were scrubbed, living room dusted and vaccumed by the resident teenager. This has never happened before! EVER. I was shocked. She balks at cleaning and asks that we keep paper plates in the house so she doesn't have to wash a dish.

Anyway, I looked in the fridge today and way in the back is a can of Busch Light (we do not drink that or have any friends in the area that do)

OMG I'm having flashbacks! Overcleaning after a party was what got me busted, the last straw, and shipped off 13 states away 4 life! :lmao:

#69 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,544 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

That's the worst thing about it - our house is now contaminated by that crap. :puke:

:funny1:

#70 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

God have mercy on me when mine grows up... :eek:

This.

:crazy::crazy:My 2 yo is gearing up for her teen years.

And this.

Yup and I totally understood it. But it also gave me more leway with the car, as i paid 100% for it....although I never did anything that was car removed worth...let me rephrase...I never got caught doing anything deserving of losing car privileges.

Yeah, I didn't pay for my car...I did pay my insurance, but...I definitely checked to make sure it had license plates before I drove away *every*time* cause that was my moms favorite way of saying, "You're punished" LMAO :dunno:

#71 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

:lmao: I got caught because there were vacuum tracks on the carpet and mom's Absolut wasn't quite as strong. I learned my lesson, did the bare minimum clean up the following time and cut the guest list by a third. :coffee:

#72 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

I got caught when my neighbors asked my mom

"What were all the fire trucks doing at your house last weekend?"

:rolleyes:

*it was a tiny lil bon fire that the old bastard up the hill got freaked out about. douche.

#73 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,548 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

#74 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

*it was a tiny lil bon fire that the old bastard up the hill got freaked out about. douche.

:rotf:

#75 Sugar_Mag

Sugar_Mag
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

That reminds me of a time I went to this girls party a few years ago....I went with a few friends and it started to get to be a little crowded. I really wouldn't have had a problem leaving since it was her house and I respect that, but she comes up to me and my girlfriend and says in a very snippy tone "uhm, you guys need to get out, this is only supposed to be for exclusive friends" with all her minions giggling behind her. (literally used the words "exclusive friends")

I can't imagine her parents were too happy when they found the beer cans my friend hid in the oven, laundry basket and dishwasher before we left :lol:

#76 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,548 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

Steph is a bitch. :lmao:

#77 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

That reminds me of a time I went to this girls party a few years ago....I went with a few friends and it started to get to be a little crowded. I really wouldn't have had a problem leaving since it was her house and I respect that, but she comes up to me and my girlfriend and says in a very snippy tone "uhm, you guys need to get out, this is only supposed to be for exclusive friends" with all her minions giggling behind her. (literally used the words "exclusive friends")

I can't imagine her parents were too happy when they found the beer cans my friend hid in the oven, laundry basket and dishwasher before we left :lol:

:lmao: that was an awesome and hilarious response to those girls

#78 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

#79 Sugar_Mag

Sugar_Mag
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

Steph is a bitch. :lmao:

She was from Westport....I was 16 :lol:

#80 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,548 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

She was from Westport....I was 16

Oh, I see. Fairfield girl crashes Westport party. You deserved to get thrown out. :lol:

#81 Sugar_Mag

Sugar_Mag
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

Oh, I see. Fairfield girl crashes Westport party. You deserved to get thrown out. :lol:

:funny1: I was the total opposite of a parry crasher. I'd be mopping up beer and picking up cans because I was trying to help the people nice enough to have me over....people thought I was nuts! But yes that night....maybe I was out for a wee bit of vengeance :devil:

#82 Sugar_Mag

Sugar_Mag
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

And why I'm reading the parenting forum I don't know.....change of pace :lol:

#83 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

are ya lookin for a sugar da...

never mind...

:bolt:

#84 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,548 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

But yes that night....maybe I was out for a wee bit of vengeance :devil:

Smashing eggs behind kitchen appliances works well. At least that's what I've been told.

#85 Sugar_Mag

Sugar_Mag
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

are ya lookin for a sugar da...

never mind...

:bolt:

:rolling: I'll answer that by saying that I'm 2 years older than your daughter.....probably even too young for the prospective sugar daddies :funny1:

#86 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,818 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

#87 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,879 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Smashing eggs behind kitchen appliances works well. At least that's what I've been told.

Shrimp tails in the curtain rods.

#88 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

:rolling: I'll answer that by saying that I'm 2 years older than your daughter.....probably even too young for the prospective sugar daddies :funny1:

:angel:

#89 Sugar_Mag

Sugar_Mag
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:19 AM

:angel:

Good luck...one more year and she'll be out of the house....and then you'll be missing her like crazy...until she asks you for money............vicious cycle :lol:

#90 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

Quite a turn around in general.... (photo from yearbook picture night on Monday) Grades way up.... going to a therapist to talk about shit... been doing well... very few issues of recent... :heart:

#91 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,548 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

That's great to hear.

#92 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,157 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hooray! :clapping:

#93 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

:clapping:

#94 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

That's amazing. See, just stick it out and keep loving her. That is such an inspiration.

Now, if I can say the same about my 16 year old boy. :bang:

#95 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

:heart:
yeah... doing very well... by this time last year I had been in for at least 2 or 3 conferences about some type of issue...

it must have clicked how much more satisfying positive attention is, when compared to negative attention...

but I'm having a little trouble with this - she claims to be afraid to be home alone, kind of all of a sudden - - " I heard a noise..... can you come home " etc.... which is tricky cuz while I don't have much of a life on the rare evening I get out she calls and want's me to come home, ASAP. :dunno::huh:

Which I mostly do... but still. geez.

#96 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

That must give you such relief. I"m in the spot now that every single DAY, I am getting a call home. Today, it was my son being accused of smoking *** before school and being suspended for 5 days. UGH:bang:

Last week, he jumped out his window to go to a party.

I could go on and on about all the bullshit but I do believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel if I just stick it out and love him. At least, one can hope.:heart:

#97 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

your girls are awesome chris :heart::heart::heart: teenagers are a creation of modern western society. adults that we treat like children, of course they're confused

#98 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

That must give you such relief. I"m in the spot now that every single DAY, I am getting a call home. Today, it was my son being accused of smoking *** before school and being suspended for 5 days. UGH:bang:

Last week, he jumped out his window to go to a party.

I could go on and on about all the bullshit but I do believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel if I just stick it out and love him. At least, one can hope.:heart:

:smile: My mom went thru proverbial hell with me... she was a bit hands off to some extent after I was 16 - more like, you're smart enough to know the consequences of your actions, so nothing I do is gonna change anything...

At any rate...while her son may not meet certain social standards, he's doing ok.

ON another note - My eldest daughter turned 18 yesterday..... which obviously freaks me out... I mean hell, for one thing that means I've been a boardie for what, close to 16 years??? :lol:

#99 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

Quite a turn around in general.... (photo from yearbook picture night on Monday) Grades way up.... going to a therapist to talk about shit... been doing well... very few issues of recent... :heart:

What a great picture! I'm glad to hear she's doing better:heart::heart::heart::heart:

#100 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

she went to a concert last night (I bought her tix for the good grades) she asked if it was OK if she took today off of school. :funny1: they won't be calling me anymore so... :dunno: