Can I whine in here?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 wookie luvvah

wookie luvvah
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

I hurt, hurt, hurt. I'm tired of pain. I so very tired of it and it is just getting worse. I feel like an old lady of about 80. I wonder what life is like without pain. I would like to rip out parts of my body (except that would be messy and would bring about a new set of problems).

My energy levels are so low. I'm so tired all the time. I can't concentrate, I can't think straight, I can't stay awake and I can't sleep.

I'm getting frustrated. And I'm loosing the little control I had over this pain quickly.

I'll be meeting with some new docs soon and I've been researching a personal game plan that I hope the docs will agree to (and heck maybe supplement with all their smarts) so I can get back on track.

But for now - I just need to whine, scream and cry. I'm tired of hurting.

#2 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

you can. what's the matter for you?

#3 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

Do you feel like sharing what's wrong? I know summer knows all kinds of wonderful herbal things to help all kinds of problems.

I know a few people who have random weird health issues so I might be able to get you intouch with someone howm really understands you issue

And boardies are always great for a little pep talk

#4 Drop_o_Rain

Drop_o_Rain

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

:heart:
I wish I could do something. Prayers coming your way.

#5 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

(((sharon))) what kind of pain is it? where? do you think you might have fibromyalgia? it's characterized by pain and difficulty sleeping (or not sleeping). i've done a little research, my mom had it for awhile.

#6 wookie luvvah

wookie luvvah
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 25 years ago (back when they called it fibrositis). The past few years it's just not been doing so well. Part of the problem is that I have a big toe that was broken about 5-7 years ago that has been getting very painful over the past year making it near impossible for me to do what I need to do to keep my body in balance.

It was about 20 years ago I flushed all my meds down the toilet. I've been maintaining balance by exercise and weight management. I've never been without pain, but I've always been able to keep it so it didn't interrupt my life too much.

So - I'm heading back to the docs. I need to get my foot looked at as I've read this pain can occur if it was broken and didn't heal right. Hopefully, thats all it is and I can get it fixed (at this point surgery would be a blessing). I also want to get new scans of my neck and back as I have some bludging disks and its in those areas where the pain has increased significantly. Once we've ruled out that there is nothing new thats wrong then I'm going to head back to PT to get to a point where I can feel better exercising independantly again. PT has helped in the past when I've gotten off track.

I've joined a support group (online) but man - I know what this pain is like but some of those people just don't get that you will always hurt and you've got to just push through and fight, fight, fight.

I'm always open to natural options as I don't like taking meds and will not take them as long as the possible side effects and risks remain so nasty. Plus, I could easily lose myself to pain meds so I avoid them too. I've been reading a lot about magnesium lately.

So that's the short of it.

Thanks for letting me whine and for your support. I'll let you know as things go along.

#7 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

fibromyalgia sucks. one of my good friends has that. i hope you can get to better ways of managing it again.

#8 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

the most important things i learned about it were;

establishing really regular sleep patterns. to bed at the exact same time every night. i know it's hard to sleep but deep relaxation (or however close to it you can get) as a substitute. i would recommend some kind of meditation/breathing exercises to help you learn that.

swimming. for some reason it is THE exercise to practice when you have fibromyalgia.

diet. this one is difficult. of course the obvious health risks: sugar, alcohol, caffeine (the fun stuff) along with carbonation of any kind and additives/preservatives. after that i've heard all kinds of things. the weirdest thing a woman told me one time was that she quit eating garbanzo beans and her symptoms disappeared completely within a week. (i've never heard anything else close to that radical though!)

herbs: of course you want to do nervines and (before bed) sedatives. one of the best nervines is skullcap herb because it helps to repair the nervous system as well as sooth it. another wonderful herb is oatstraw. it also has a lot of calcium in it, which could help. some great "sleep" herbs are; valerian, hops, chamomile. good herbs for pain include these along with jamaican dogwood and kava kava root (which is also a "euphoric" so not recommended before bed!)

of course, deep tissue massage or even relaxing massage, regularly, is key. everyone should treat themselves to a massage regularly. the arguement i get is: but it's so expensive! but regular massage reduces stress levels, increases immune system function, increases circulation (leading to greater health) and better enables all the body systems to "cope" with modern life. all these things end up costing you less in the long run! ;)

:heart:

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

(((wookie luvvah)))

All best wishes for acceptable pain management.

Hope for love, understanding and patience from all those with whom you share your life.

#10 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

:heart: :heart:

#11 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,095 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

lots of love and strength to you. A couple of years ago, I recommended acupuncture to a co-worker of mine who has it and doesn't take meds for it, either. She has had good results, as far as her pain and sleep and stuff go.

#12 LadyCrow

LadyCrow
  • VibeTribe
  • 86 posts
  • LocationThe cupboard under the stairs

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:26 AM

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

#13 mountain mama

mountain mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

:heart: My husband and I suffer from arthritis and I realize it's not the same but...look into emu oil as a topical remedy. I myself have had back surgery and suffer with pain every day - the emu oil has helped some and a little relief is better than none! Also summer is right on with the swimming! (wl):heart:

#14 ruralmamma

ruralmamma
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:47 PM

prayers and kindnesses to you xxo

#15 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,732 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

(((Sharon))) :heart:

#16 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

i don't know much about this condition, but i am wondering if an anti-inflammatory diet would be helpful, e.g. cutting out dairy and red meat and stuff like that that can naturally inflame parts of your body? just a thought... in the meantime, i am thinking of you and wishing you well, w.l. :heart:

#17 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

how are you feeling? :heart:

#18 OnBongos

OnBongos
  • VibeTribe
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

(((((((((WookieLuvvah)))))))))) :heart:

I hope you are feeling better soon.

#19 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

i suffered from all those symptoms for years and turns out it was my copper iud .. that sucks sharon :heart:

hoping you find relief