Santa Hannukah Harry Kwanzaa Ken

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

What's on your holiday wish list this year?

I'm trying to write a list and as always, coming up short!

#2 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,829 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

I usually ask for a festival ticket and cash it in later. I'd like an ipod since I feel like the only person on the planet that does not have one but that seems a bit expensive and unrealistic.

#3 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

They have smaller more affordable ones, or other brands of mp3 players! We have the Sansa Fuze.. u can get one for like $50! Less for a refurb...

#4 Baidarka

Baidarka
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

One small, brown baby girl.

#5 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,305 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

I don't usually have a wish list. Mainly because I don't really do the gifts thing anymore, just something for my mom and a few small things for Liz and my housemates.

I usually ask for a festival ticket and cash it in later. I'd like an ipod since I feel like the only person on the planet that does not have one but that seems a bit expensive and unrealistic.

I don't have an iPod either... I'm not really a fan of iTunes.

#6 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

I dread having to write a wish list every year. It was never a tradition w/my family and still seems strange to me.

Baidarka, I like your list! Wishing you guys the best of luck :)

#7 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

This. And/or fishing gear. And 3 beautiful young women looking for the best 3 minutes of their life. That's all.

#8 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,829 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

It's funny that this thread came up today and then my dad asked what I wanted for Christmas. I explained very specifically I wanted an ipod but only if it was an Ipod classic not an ipod touch. How much you want to bet he will get me an ipod touch :lol: I'd still be grateful either way :pimp:

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Blender, mixer, also wondering if an ipod would be suitable at this stage, door mat, coat rack, boot tray (all stuff I will eventually get for myself, well except perhaps and ipod.)

#10 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,032 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I don't have an iPod either... I'm not really a fan of iTunes.

You don't ever need to use iTunes with an iPod.

#11 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,305 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

You don't ever need to use iTunes with an iPod.

gotcha, still have no interest in owning one :lol:

#12 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

I don't have an ipod or a smartphone :lol:

We asked for Disney gift cards this year as we want to take the girls in Feb when good friends will be there, but it's really a stretch financially.

We usually get gift certificates to restaurants, then we use them all year & get babysitting from the g'parents :) I really don't need any more crap in my house! :lol: I prefer experiences to stuff. Getting the g'parents on board with that for the kids is tough though. :undecided: they love to buy them crap!

#13 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Nothing.... the wish list thing is starting to irritate me quite frankly! I tell people every year 'I do not want/need anything, thanks!" and they insist on the gift and then I have to get them a gift....yadda yaddda....
My stepdaughter makes her big ole list every year of what she wants for Christmas. Funny this is...she is an atheist. :dunno:

#14 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,829 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I love Christmas in general. Mostly because it's the one Holiday I feel my family spends real quality time together. Cooking, playing games, watching movies.

#15 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

a winning lottery ticket ;)

nothing on my list this year...we bought bikes in august so that was our present to ourselves. we're going on jamcruise so that's something to look forward to.

#16 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

A large box of money.

#17 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Karen, I told my mother-in-law I really, truly don't need anything this year & that i'd rather send supplies to the hurricane victims than receive any more "stuff". She laughed and said that was sweet but that she'd already sent $ to the relief efforts, and I'm still on the hook for a damn xmas list. UGHHHHHH.....

#18 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Uggg i hate getting gifts!!!

;)

#19 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,829 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Karen, I told my mother-in-law I really, truly don't need anything this year & that i'd rather send supplies to the hurricane victims than receive any more "stuff". She laughed and said that was sweet but that she'd already sent $ to the relief efforts, and I'm still on the hook for a damn xmas list. UGHHHHHH.....

Post Phish biscuits tickets to hang out with gregoir :pimp:

#20 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Dr Sebagh Melon Extract

#21 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'm hoping I can provide a warm and happy Christmas for Jerry and Abby. they're such good kids and i'm not the kind of mom that buys a lot of toys and stuff throughout the year, but I try to make their birthdays and Christmas really good for them and get them what they want. They deserve it.

That said, my wish list is that my mom spring for my flight to NOLA for French quarter fest in April.

#22 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

And for Baby Moon to stay in till after the New Year

#23 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

What on earth are you going to do with eight Kitchenaid mixers??????

:)

#24 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

What on earth are you going to do with eight Kitchenaid mixers??????

:)

Open a few pizza shops.

#25 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,823 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

pastry brushes
cast iron skillet
mini cupcake pan
new pot holders
donut baking pan
mini ramekins
stick blender

#26 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

:lol:

#27 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Since CHRISTmas is suppose to be about Christ and rejoicing in his stuff and stuff I'll sidestep on wanting anything from a holiday that celebrates in a debatable death of a deity....in a respectful way for those who partake in the true meaning on the holiday.....which also means holy day...for some.

Anyhow, while I don't want any materials products....mk maybe a few pairs of finger nail trimmers since they seem to vanish I just want to sappy stuff like love and world peace...maybe some food for the hungry....maybe food and clothing for those in need over worthless material items for the greedy. Not to be a downer in a thread that might become a collection of useless type of material stuff in comparison to a thread of how all this money spent could be used to really really help those in need but yeah I'm that douche...so sorry.

#28 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,032 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

Since CHRISTmas is suppose to be about Christ and rejoicing in his stuff and stuff I'll sidestep on wanting anything from a holiday that celebrates in a debatable death of a deity....in a respectful way for those who partake in the true meaning on the holiday.....which also means holy day...for some.

#29 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

@DHJ, yeah that would be welcome on the Holiday.....but I have that each and everyday, so no connection to the holiday. Granted if a magical santa wanted to fill my chimney with it....I might inhale a few times.

#30 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

i try and avoid the acquisition of future landfill. i don't need anything more than what i already have (ok...cash is always good). i count my blessings...i'm still vertical; i have shelter and heat; i have food and water; i have my family, my dogs, and the ability to enjoy music. i wish the same for all of you. :heart:

#31 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Homemade chocolate chip cookies :ura1:

#32 rock n roll goddess

rock n roll goddess
  • VibeTribe
  • 354 posts
  • LocationHighland NY

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

All I want for Christmas...

Is WORLD PEACE

#33 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

i try and avoid the acquisition of future landfill. i don't need anything more than what i already have (ok...cash is always good). i count my blessings...i'm still vertical; i have shelter and heat; i have food and water; i have my family, my dogs, and the ability to enjoy music. i wish the same for all of you. :heart:

That was rather nice, thanks for sharing.

#34 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Homemade chocolate chip cookies :ura1:

:ura1:

#35 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,017 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hi

#36 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I wish TEO was online but she isn't :( :lol:

#37 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

I put together a wish list on pinterest...

Board games for grown-ups
Smartwool socks
Fingerless gloves
Some fun earrings & necklaces
Fold-up hammock like the one Gram-man has
Fold-up grocery baskets
Art

::shrug::

#38 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

sounds to me like you're in denial and what you really need is some new sex toys. :lol:

#39 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Anyhow, while I don't want any materials products....mk maybe a few pairs of finger nail trimmers since they seem to vanish I just want to sappy stuff like love and world peace...maybe some food for the hungry....maybe food and clothing for those in need over worthless material items for the greedy. Not to be a downer in a thread that might become a collection of useless type of material stuff in comparison to a thread of how all this money spent could be used to really really help those in need but yeah I'm that douche...so sorry.

Nope, not douchey at all. I totally agree w/your sentiment. I struggle with this every year, but my mother-in-law LOVES shopping for us & will nag us for days until she gets our list! I have & will make donations to those less fortunate & am certainly grateful for everything I already have. Everything in balance, I suppose...

#40 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

sounds to me like you're in denial and what you really need is some new sex toys. :lol:

From my mother-in-law???? :lol:

#41 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

:eek: I must have missed that subtlety :lol:

#42 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

oh well :lol:

#43 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

mom gets a giant black penis shaped piece of plastic :lol:

#44 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,032 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Black veiny dildos FTW. :lol:

#45 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

you know I can't reply now elst the gay rumors will start again :rolleyes: :lol: oops :blush: :lol:

#46 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,032 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Baked stuffed.

Posted Image

#47 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

Eep!!!

#48 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

you know you've had enough lobby when everything turns orange and your farts smell like sea roses :grin: :lol:

#49 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,032 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Posted Image

#50 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:46 AM