Thank you Tim I hope you have a great Thanksgiving also :mrgreen:

#152 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

:rolleyes:

That's weird... there are more men than women in the world. I thought that because of wars and heart attacks there were less men. Guess I was misinformed.

#153 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

the thing is... you want to insist that I'm completely wrong, but it's a fact that men and women have different levels of hormones. Every individual has different levels, actually...

bottom line is you really shouldn't judge anyone before you get to know them.

still, testosterone is what makes men act like assholes.

The fact that every individual has different levals of hormones has not once been disputed, and I agree with you that you shouldn't judge anyone before you get to know them, and perhaps not even then.

So if I buy into your theory that testosterone makes men act like assholes (which I don't), what makes women act like assholes?

#154 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

what makes women act like assholes?

Men? :lol:

#155 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,150 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

:lol:

#156 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

:lol:

#157 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

balding of the vulva

#158 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

The fact that every individual has different levals of hormones has not once been disputed, and I agree with you that you shouldn't judge anyone before you get to know them, and perhaps not even then.

So if I buy into your theory that testosterone makes men act like assholes (which I don't), what makes women act like assholes?

I'd say that it would also be testosterone. Women and men have both estrogen and testosterone, but different levals.

if the estrogen dips low one day, bam... you're an asshole.

#159 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

balding of the vulva

Karen is the only person that is happening to, and she is definitely NOT an asshole.

#160 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Testosterone - The Asshole Hormoneā„¢

#161 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'd say that it would also be testosterone. Women and men have both estrogen and testosterone, but different levals.

I'm sure there are many more factors involved, but thank you for using proper spelling this time.

#162 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

well you might think it was the car that cut you off in traffic that made you that way, or that second cup of coffee -- but somehow or another it all involves chemical changes throughout the body and in the brain.

upbringing, and possibly genetics probably has more to do with personality than gender does.

gender probably influenced the way your parents brought you up. so there really is no point.

whatever. I admit it when I'm wrong. A hormone might affect one person one way, and another person entirely different. Everyone is a unique individual.

#163 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

well you might think it was the car that cut you off in traffic that made you that way, or that second cup of coffee -- but somehow or another it all involves chemical changes throughout the body and in the brain.

genetics and upbringing probably have more to do with personality than gender does.

What did you do with PeaceFrog?
STOP MAKING SENSE!

#164 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

balding of the vulva

#165 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

nobody is perfect, but together we should be able to come to some kind of understanding.

still I can't help but think that estrogen plays a big part in a person's mental health, and women's levals of it fluctuate more than men.

here's a link: http://www.news-medi...strogen-Do.aspx

#166 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,784 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

still I can't help but think that estrogen plays a big part in a person's mental health, and women's levals of it fluctuate more than men.

Not sure how BIG a part, but a part for sure.
The mind is a wonderful thing and can overcome all sorts of physical changes if trained to do so.
Like some people can function through pain on a daily basis and some are completely debilitated by it.
So it is with hormones and such.

#167 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,989 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

I was surprised when I interviewed with a female dentist and realized I'd be much more comfortable working for a male one. Go figure. Fine at desk jobs with supervisors of either gender. depends on the person, really.

#168 butterqueen

butterqueen
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

I find it hard to be a boss as a woman. Part of me was raised to be a 'good girl' people pleaser, so to be in the role of being displeased and telling people what to do feels awful to me. I hate it.

I like being the boss of myself but being the boss of other people seems to continue to keep me guessing.

#169 butterqueen

butterqueen
  • VibeTribe
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Women have estrogen that leads us to make irrational decisions sometimes. Men have testosterone which leads them to put their jobs on the line to get some strange.

Hormones are powerful things and lead to interpersonal issues without a doubt.

Had a good friend who transitioned from male to female, and on the estrogen, she burst into tears in the supermarket and later said "I feel totally crazy."

Welcome to being a woman.

#170 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Had a good friend who transitioned from male to female, and on the estrogen, she burst into tears in the supermarket and later said "I feel totally crazy."

omg :lol:

#171 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Not sure how BIG a part, but a part for sure.
The mind is a wonderful thing and can overcome all sorts of physical changes if trained to do so.
Like some people can function through pain on a daily basis and some are completely debilitated by it.
So it is with hormones and such.

Well certainly! Of course I believe that. It's just stories like the one I quoted below that make me think what you're saying is more of an exception than the general guideline.

Women have estrogen that leads us to make irrational decisions sometimes. Men have testosterone which leads them to put their jobs on the line to get some strange.

Hormones are powerful things and lead to interpersonal issues without a doubt.

I'll just say, once again, that I don't believe that anyone can or should be judged based upon whether they are male or female because there ARE exceptions, and everyone is different.

However, we can and do say things like women live longer and men are more likely to have a heart attack. Why is this? I think it has something to do with hormones, emotions, personality, and behavior. I don't think the mechanical design of a woman's heart is any different to make it last longer.

#172 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,008 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

...maybe its the hornones or somethjng, but why has every woman manager ive worked for end up being overly emotional and high-strung to the point of micromanaging, while every man i have worked for seemed to be able to keep an "even keel" no matter the situation.

Is it that these women have more to prove, so end up smothering their employees? Is it te hormone thing? Do i just have lousy luck with female managers?

Did not read thread but UGH. Really?

Oh wait, It's you that started this. DUH. :lol:

#173 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,673 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Um you can't say women are a minority that is simple math. No. They may be perceived as one and in the past been put down by societies mores and rules but they are in no way a minority.

#174 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,923 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

My boss believes in magic. We have magical chairs in fuckingDanbury that are very powerful, and no work can be performed in any location. But the magical chairs.

#175 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

i like boobs though....

#176 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

I think you are afraid of the vagina maybe.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

#177 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

fear not the bearded clam

#178 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts