• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I was surprised to hear Ben Stein admit this on Fox News, but he's absolutely right.

#2 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

I agree with Ben, taxes are to low for the services the government is providing, but to raise taxes now to accommodate that would cripple the economy.

#3 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,447 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

I agree with Ben, taxes are to low for the services the government is providing, but to raise taxes now to accommodate that would cripple the economy.

how would raising taxes on the very rich cripple the economy? Explain it to me as if I were a 10 year old.

#4 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Not saying that. I am saying we need to raise the taxes on everyone to realistically pay for everything long term. That would cripple economy and put us in worse shape. And I believe that is what he saying. Am I wrong?

#5 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,447 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Not saying that. I am saying we need to raise the taxes on everyone to realistically pay for everything long term. That would cripple economy and put us in worse shape. And I believe that is what he saying. Am I wrong?

Ben Stein, in the video (which maybe you didn't watch) speaks specifically about the need to raise taxes on the VERY RICH, and gives example of how the most prosperous years in US History were when taxes on the rich were close to 85-90% or whatever. What you are talking about is not what Ben Stein said.

#6 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I still do not think that is enough. The value of the dollar is dragged down by the debt.