• 1,596 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

http://railroadearth...plenty2012.html

Who's going?

I went last year, wuz Excellent!!!

So many of my Favorite Bands!!!

Schedule of Events:

Friday 11/23 PRE-PARTY
6 PM - Mike MiZ Solo @ Sherman Theater’s Livingroom SHERMAN THEATER 7 PM - Quimby Mountain Band Supports @ Sherman Theater 8 PM - Railroad Earth @ Sherman Theater - 2 Sets AFTER PARTY
11 PM - Mike MiZ Band and very special guests @ Sarah Street Grill Saturday 11/24 DAYTIME ACTIVITIES 12 PM - Bovine Social Club Acoustic Brunch @ Sarah's Corner Cafe 1:30 PM - Open Mic - Railroad Earth Song Contest @ Sarah Street Grill
(This is both an open mic and a contest! Best rendition of a RRE song will win a $100 gift certificate for dinner at a local restaurant) 3 PM - Shockenaw Mountain Boys @ Sherman Theater’s Livingroom 6 PM - Quimby Mountain Band @ Sarah Street Grill
(Come join the Quimby Mountain Band parade as they take their show out into the streets and lead a procession past the venues below and over to the Sherman Theater, where they will play in the lobby as you all come in for RRE doors that night!) 6 PM - The Wallace Brothers @ The Sherman’s Livingroom SHERMAN THEATER
7 PM - YARN Supports @ Sherman Theater 8 PM - Railroad Earth @ Sherman Theater - 2 Sets AFTER PARTY
11 PM - Damian Calcagne Band and very special guests @ Sarah Street Grill Sunday 11/25 DAYTIME ACTIVITIES
11 AM - Blake & Rick from YARN Acoustic Brunch @ Sarah Street Grill

#2 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

it's indeed a possibility that I catch one of the RRE shows out at the Sherman Theater. I've been making the pilgrimage since they've been doing this run, and it's always been fun. My only problem is I've already reached my quota of RRE shows for the year! LOL. Caught their sets at both the Peach festival and Bear's picnic. And will likely catch From Good Homes tommorrow night in Morristown NJ, for another dose of Todd Shaeffer's voice. No disrespect meant to the band at all, but my motivation this year is lower. If I go, it's more of a social thing.

#3 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

i miss these guys :( was a lot easier to catch the shows around the holidays when i lived in jerz!

COME BACK TO ALBANY, RRE!!!!!

#4 DJ Easy Wind

DJ Easy Wind
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

it's indeed a possibility that I catch one of the RRE shows out at the Sherman Theater. I've been making the pilgrimage since they've been doing this run, and it's always been fun. My only problem is I've already reached my quota of RRE shows for the year! LOL. Caught their sets at both the Peach festival and Bear's picnic. And will likely catch From Good Homes tommorrow night in Morristown NJ, for another dose of Todd Shaeffer's voice. No disrespect meant to the band at all, but my motivation this year is lower. If I go, it's more of a social thing.

Too much of a good thing, Eddie??? :lol:

Don't forget all the killer-Diller Pre- & After Parties including, MIZ, Damian Calcagne, YARN!!! Bovine Social Club, Quimby Mtn & More!!!

:bouncey:

#5 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Too much of a good thing, Eddie??? :lol:

Well, kinda. After going to a lifetime of concerts, and seeing many bands multiple times in the same week, or sometimes EVERY show on the tour/run...or seeing bands several times a year....I started to realize that it doesn't take much to have "diminishing returns" on my ticket investments. This particularly holds true for "Note for Note" acts, Like Roger Waters or Rush...these are bands I absolutely LOVE, but I'll yawn thru the second night of their show. I try to catch one night of their latest tour, and that's about it. On the other end of the spectrum are the bands I can see lots of times and not get bored. Grateful Dead, Phil Lesh Quintet, MMW are just some examples. And then there's all the bands in between who I also love, but I just like to check in with them from time to time. Most bands fit into this category..

I guess my point is to NOT overdose on any band. Been there, done that. I learned that if I limit my exposure to just the right amount, I retain a strong desire to see them, and I love them when I see them. My tolerance for every band differs though. A bit of a sliding scale.