LinkedIn endorsements rant!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Ok where was I when the memo went out to suddenly start "endorsing" my Linkedin connections for their skills?
WTF is this?

Over the last couple of weeks I have been endorsed by people I know and some I have never met. For skills I have and some that I do not.
But I draw the line when these endorsers start asking for endorsements in return!!

I don't do Facebook because of this garbage of liking and friending and whatever. Linkedin may have finally jumped the shark.

(my apologies if you have recently endorsed me. I was talking about all of the others, not you :) )

#2 Strange Mark

Strange Mark
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

And all this time I thought I suddenly had mad skillz! I agree, annoying attempt at linked in to get in my face every friggin time somebody on their website clicks a button.

#3 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

as soon as they asked me for a fee for increased whatever, i ran

#4 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

As long as people are going to endorse me for skills I don't have, next time lets go for something like neurosurgery, or lion tamer :jamguy:

#5 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

It's weird. People blindly click the buttons presented, and I have music industry contacts endorsing my day job skills. That's not really what I'm looking for.

#6 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,904 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I used to have a fancy shmancy LinkedIn profile with all those connection do-hickeys and whatnot.

After about a year I decided it was nothing more than a place to showcase your resume online and was essentially worthless unless I was looking for a job. Lots of personal info to have up online too. I block anything LinkedIn now.

#7 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I get Linkedin requests just about everyday. Maybe one day I'll decide to actually check it out. :lol:

#8 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

i almost missed the opportunity with my current job because of a LinkedIn glitch. i am definitely not a fan!

#9 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,093 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

I don't really request to connect with people who aren't professionally related to me on LinkedIn, but if someone I know (like my cousin, or a colleague's husband) asks me to connect with them, I usually say yes. Most people in dentistry aren't sitting at a computer, sitting on linkedin, but I was happy to see today that a couple of my old professors are now on there.