VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hey Cur, wtf?

http://www.fingerlak...s-to-be-drained

:lol:

NASCAR Takes Interest / Refilling the Lake

Tourism officials plan to make lemons out of lemonade with the situation – and on Sunday July 7th NASCAR will hold the Cayuga 500, a 6 lap, 500 mile race around the dried Cayuga lakebed. Officials are offering free admission to the race to any attendees who bring at least 32 ounces of water to help refill the lake.

ctrm...what day was yesterday? :funny1:

#52 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Funny how you've had to explain it more than once.   :lol:

#53 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

what day was yesterday? :lol:

Yes, I realize. 

I've swam with snakes, minx, and huge ass manta rays before during competitions, but never giant rodent eating frogs.   Part of me wishes it was true.  lol!

#54 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Howdy Terry,

Great to see your name!  I'm happy to read your first post too.  I've also become a bit of a fitness buff.  But I stopped after flipping a truck tire and popping a disc in my lumbar spine.  Be careful man.  nowadays I work out like an old geezer.

Will you be at Vibes?

Jason

#55 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Howdy Terry,

Great to see your name!  I'm happy to read your first post too.  I've also become a bit of a fitness buff.  But I stopped after flipping a truck tire and popping a disc in my lumbar spine.  Be careful man.  nowadays I work out like an old geezer.

Will you be at Vibes?

Jason

Hi Jason!  Sadly, no, festivals have primarily taken a backseat to my competition getaways now.  A question of priorities I guess.

#56 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

For those of you who didn't already know, I started another blog a while back about my recent foray into becoming a step parent.  Pretty funny in my humble opinion, or "imho", or however else you choose to put it.  I'm pretty proud of it and it takes a drastic turn from the usual 'ol Tofu Plankton Meatloaf, and recent triathlon stuff.  Check it out and subscribe. 

http://abachelorslife.wordpress.com/

#57 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Yes, I realize. 

I've swam with snakes, minx, and huge ass manta rays before during competitions, but never giant rodent eating frogs.   Part of me wishes it was true.  lol!

it would make for a hell of a blog entry!

#58 chefjeff

chefjeff
  • VibeTribe
  • 700 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Cake!

CTRB I still have that Great pic of the kid playing at the top of the Moe Down Mountain you gave me!!. Good to see you are doing great!

ChefJeff

#59 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Cake!

CTRB I still have that Great pic of the kid playing at the top of the Moe Down Mountain you gave me!!. Good to see you are doing great!

ChefJeff

That's awesome!  That was one of my favorite festival photos for sure!  I slso just rediscovered a whole batch fof festival photos I forgot about including the ones of the old Vibes boardie play we put on.  Good times.  I've since wrote three other similar plays that never saw the lgiht of day.  I may try and stage them this summer with Hailey and her friends at a park somewhere.  One is revolved around  four super heroes competing on an episode of 'Chopped', and the other is about a daredevil preparing to throw himself into a well.

#60 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you

I've got tears in my eyes

#61 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Crap!  I forgot that was on there.  LOL!

#62 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Quick run to fire up the 'ol engine and a nice satisfying breakfast, and then it's off for a 3 hour marathon swim to support local 'Strong Kids' at the YMCA.  My first charity event of the year...I hope my shoulders hold out.  Later it's 'date night'.  :)

#63 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Completed 10k in the pool yesterday, plus, another 15k on the road this morning.  I think I've earned me some breakfast!

#64 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,812 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

:clapping:

#65 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Definitely NOT one for the record books:

http://abachelorslif...st-experiement/

#66 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,929 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

you lost me w/ the addition of oats :lol:

what about pb&j stuffed pancakes? or standard french toast topped w/ a dollop of pb&j?

#67 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Trying to 'edu-ma-kate' my girlfriend on the finer points of music:  http://abachelorslif...he-said-part-1/

Any other suggestions for other notable albums to add to the list?

#68 Little Ho Peep

Little Ho Peep
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi Terry!  I just saw that you're doing Cayuga Lake.  Bummed now that I didn't sign up for it this year! 

Did I see somewhere that you're self-coaching this year?  How is that going?  Have you found yourself telling yourself to screw yourself at all?

#69 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi Terry!  I just saw that you're doing Cayuga Lake.  Bummed now that I didn't sign up for it this year! 

Did I see somewhere that you're self-coaching this year?  How is that going?  Have you found yourself telling yourself to screw yourself at all?

Hi back!  Yes, I am self-coaching myself this year and assisting in developing a few others.  This is my "recovery" and "family" year, so this Olympic event will be my big A-distance race aside from a few other different goals both in cycling and swimming.  As far as telling myself to "screw myself", I do that practically every time I go out the door these days and am learning to dial it back again.  My fitness is not quite where it was last year by this point in my Ironman training and I am always drawing negative comparisons to that fact, something I have to learn not to do and simply focus on what my over all goals are this year...specifically, "fitness and fun".  Apart from all that, things continue to go well. 

How about yourself?  Any further thoughts to doing another triathlon this year?  I'm sure you can still sign up for Cayuga Lake(I haven't officially registered yet myself).

#70 Little Ho Peep

Little Ho Peep
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

You should definitely check out if it's still even open if you're planning that for your A race.  My friend signed up for the Olympic distance back in February for fear of getting shut out.  Last year, I got shut out of the Sprint distance before spring ever rolled around.  I will probably do our little local (from where I grew up) Willow Creek Tri, which goes from Allegany State Park into Pennsylvania; it's the day before Cayuga Lake.  That one was a blast last year even though it was sweltering hot.  I really need to actually register for a few things.  I'm not very good at following a training program in the best of circumstances,  but I find it hard to even get my arse out the door without the impending doom of an upcoming race hanging over my head!

I think a recovery/family year is a great idea after your hardcore-ness over the last few years!

#71 Little Ho Peep

Little Ho Peep
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the race is sold out.

http://ithacatriathl...ub.org/cltrace/

#72 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

CRAP STICKS!!  Sorry, Cur.  :(

Just signed up for the Olympic distance triathlon instead in Brockville, ON:  http://www.somersaul...slandstridu.htm

It's only about a three hour drive Cur.  lol!  Next year, I promise.  This event is definitely on my bucket list and now I know to register EARLY.

Thanks Ho!

#73 Little Ho Peep

Little Ho Peep
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

Let's remind each other right after Christmas to register.  Cayuga Lake was my very  first tri, and I'd like to do it again, too.

#74 crazytigerrabbitman

crazytigerrabbitman
  • VibeTribe
  • 698 posts
  • LocationRidgeway, ON

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Deal Ho.  You're on.

#75 Little Ho Peep

Little Ho Peep
  • VibeTribe
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:24 PM