Photo
- - - - -

IRELAND WOMAN DIES AFTER BEING DENIED AN ABORTION IN THE HOSPITAL Read more: http://www.classwarfareexists.com/ireland-woman-dies-after-being-denied

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#101 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

It doesn't matter, Jack. You're an easy target for a pile on because they dont like your opinion or the way you convey it.
You're an old school white man mentality, fantasyland visiting, dementia ridden, old white man.

#102 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

And you are pro-life. Which makes you a racist too.

#103 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

If he just came out and asked you, what would our amusement have been today?

This.

Why ask, when it is more fun to throw a line and see if I can hook me a Phish.

:fish:

Plus it is more fun to see you say one thing, then state something that contradicts that.

#104 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Plus, you know, the whole Bud Light thing...

#105 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

It doesn't matter, Jack. You're an easy target for a pile on because they dont like your opinion or the way you convey it.
You're an old school white man mentality, fantasyland visiting, dementia ridden, old white man.

And you are pro-life. Which makes you a racist too.

Wow.

Sarcasm does not come through well when read in text format.

/Context'd

#106 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

No, it does not. But i don't think you were joking when you called out old school white men as the culprit for legislation regarding abortion.

#107 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

I remember back in the old days we'd call someone out for what they did or said. Nowadays the kids can't be bothered with truth and instead choose to just make shit up, then insult and attack.

Posted Image

#108 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

No, it does not. But i don't think you were joking when you called out old school white men as the culprit for legislation regarding abortion.

I did not do this, but if it makes you feel better, that is fine with me.

Why do old white men care so much about social issues?

It has no effect on their lives, but let us legislate it because it makes them uncomfortable. That is smart way of running our government.

#109 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I remember back in the old days we'd call someone out for what they did or said. Nowadays the kids can't be bothered with truth and instead choose to just make shit up, then insult and attack.

Posted Image

Yeah, but you forget the first election you voted in (a funny shot at how old you are) Thomas Jefferson Vs John Adams election.

Below are attacks. What we do here is mock your opinion as being outdated. Completely different.

---------------------------------------
http://millercenter....ays/biography/3

Given the intense rivalry and conflict involved, it is not surprising that the 1800 election reached a level of personal animosity seldom equaled in American politics. The Federalists attacked the fifty-seven-year-old Jefferson as a godless Jacobin who would unleash the forces of bloody terror upon the land. With Jefferson as President, so warned one newspaper, "Murder, robbery, rape, adultery, and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood, and the nation black with crimes." Others attacked Jefferson's deist beliefs as the views of an infidel who "writes aghast the truths of God's words; who makes not even a profession of Christianity; who is without Sabbaths; without the sanctuary, and without so much as a decent external respect for the faith and worship of Christians."

The luckless Adams was ridiculed from two directions: by the Hamiltonians within his own party and by the Jeffersonian-Republicans from the outside. For example, a private letter in which Hamilton depicted Adams as having "great and intrinsic defects in his character" was obtained by Aaron Burr and leaked to the national press. It fueled the Republican attack on Adams as a hypocritical fool and tyrant. His opponents also spread the story that Adams had planned to create an American dynasty by the marriage of one of his sons to a daughter of King George III. According to this unsubstantiated story, only the intervention of George Washington, dressed in his Revolutionary military uniform, and the threat by Washington to use his sword against his former vice president had stopped Adams's scheme.

When the electoral votes came in, Jefferson and Burr had won 73 votes each. Adams and his running mate, Charles C. Pinckney, the brother of Thomas Pinckney who ran in 1796, won 65 and 64 votes respectively. No one had expected these results, although the possibility was perfectly plausible—if all Republican electors cast their votes in unison for the two Republican candidates, which they did in this case, the result would be a tie. In those days, the U.S. Constitution contained no means for electors to differentiate between their choices for President and vice president, yet in 1804, the nation ratified the Twelfth Amendment, which required electors to vote separately for President and vice president.

With no clear majority, the vote was thrown into the Federalist-controlled U.S. Congress. After much intrigue and arguing, and thirty-five ballots, Alexander Hamilton, who despised Burr as an unprincipled scoundrel, convinced a few Federalists who had supported Burr in the balloting to turn in blank ballots rather than vote for either Republican candidate. This move on Hamilton's part gave the victory to Jefferson. Hamilton's support for Jefferson, his old enemy, enraged Burr. Several years later, Burr killed Hamilton with a shot to the chest during a duel over mutual insults.

#110 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

I did not do this, but if it makes you feel better, that is fine with me.

Why do old white men care so much about social issues?

It has no effect on their lives, but let us legislate it because it makes them uncomfortable. That is smart way of running our government.

Again, an issue, and Joker is on the side of the aging old school white man.

I am surprised almost daily.

So all aging old school white men are on joker's side. And what side do you believe him to be on again?
Believe it or not, you did. You singled out a demographic based specifically on age and race as the side for pro-life (in this particular instance0

#111 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

What we do here is mock your opinion as being outdated. Completely different.

So exactly what outdated opinion of mine was being mocked here?

#112 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

So all aging old school white men are on joker's side. And what side do you believe him to be on again?
Believe it or not, you did. You singled out a demographic based specifically on age and race as the side for pro-life (in this particular instance0

Ah, but you miss the point that I do not blame anyone. I just implied something and you ran with it. This is the same thing as what Joker complained about me baiting him. Why don't you ask me how I feel about this.

Roe V Wade was in 1973 (I think). My point implies that prior to 1973 that ...

The following fact was implemented by old white men. And that joker seemed to have taken a round about way of defending these people, instead of coming out stating he was pro choice. He seemed to like the wrong side of a heated issue in my opinion and I called him out on it. What is wrong with that?

This is fact from Wikipedia:
Roe v Wade - Prior to the ruling, the legality of abortion was decided by each state; it was illegal in 30 states and legal under certain cases in 20 states.

While not every old white man agreed with this before 1973, enough of them did, that is still permeates through society today, 40 years later. I feel if you are offended by this, there must be some truth to it. Because the truth hurts.

#113 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

How about just having less say because you are a male? Or better yet, because you're not a doctor or the patient? :wink:

Uhm, you did it too. Except you just said male.

#114 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

pretty sure brown female donkeys agreed with it too. they told me so.

#115 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

and yellow parakeets

#116 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

those were male

#117 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

male only

#118 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

So exactly what outdated opinion of mine was being mocked here?

That you would not commit to anything. That you round about way agreed to NOT do what was best for the mom, only when presented with hypothetical's.

Until then, your opinion would not have done anything to help a dying woman.

AND let her suffer for 3 days, because laws and your personal feelings.

I am saying that in these cases, your own morality should rise above this and do what you think is right. I think helping a dying woman is right, no matter the case. Even if I had to go to jail for it, I would have.

Just like soldiers on occasion disobey an order to do what is right, and will let the chips fall where they will when the dust settles.

#119 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Uhm, you did it too. Except you just said male.

Except i asked a question to revise a statement. i did not make any statement.

#120 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

and don't forget that green catholics, both sexes

#121 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

being pro-choice while truly believing abortion to equal murder just doesn't make much sense to me. You are entitled to that outlook, but you leave your character in question.

#122 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Except i asked a question to revise a statement. i did not make any statement.

That is cop out.

#123 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Alright already you guys. You are seriously impeding my "wife is gone for weeks" masturbation with this. Sheesh. What am I supposed to do, WORK??

#124 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

That you would not commit to anything. That you round about way agreed to NOT do what was best for the mom, only when presented with hypothetical's.

Not that it has anything to do with an opinion of mine but I wasn't asked to "commit" to anything before the mocking started.

I wasn't the one trying to "round about" anything. You kids were the one's trying to get me to say something you could throw in my face rather than simply ask me the question you wanted answered.

So how about an honest answer? What outdated opinion of mine were you mocking?

#125 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

I think Peacefrog is jerking off to his thread of shit stirring and finger pointing and flaming :funny1:

#126 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

YOU FUCKING KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!! :joker:

(((Jack))) Love ya, ya old coot.

#127 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Alright already you guys. You are seriously impeding my "wife is gone for weeks" masturbation with this. Sheesh. What am I supposed to do, WORK??

Sole search. Then pop it in a pan. Warm it up. Wrap that nice warm fish round yer tallywhacker, and get back to jerkin' it.

'Course Joker prolly has a problem with that...spillin' of the seed and all. :mrgreen:

#128 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

See Tim, that's why I like you. You find SOLUTIONS, maaaaannnn...

#129 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

I try.

#130 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

AND let her suffer for 3 days, because laws and your personal feelings.

I am saying that in these cases, your own morality should rise above this and do what you think is right. I think helping a dying woman is right, no matter the case. Even if I had to go to jail for it, I would have.

Just like soldiers on occasion disobey an order to do what is right, and will let the chips fall where they will when the dust settles.

Yep, well said, Andy. Truth'd

#131 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Different countries have different laws. Who are we to say they should follow our laws rather than their own?

While many here have grown to accept the taking of another life simply because the mother decides she wants to end that life, there's millions, if not billions, of people around the world who see that as murder. Is it right to force someone to extinguish the life of another?

This is where it all started.

Round about defending the doctors for not doing their moral duty and follow national law.

Nope but I don't see the chances of possibly saving 1 life as reason enough to definitely take another

Your next post in response to a question.

This is where you seemed to be pro choice.

Because that seems to be what they wanted done despite the fact that it's apparently illegal over there.

Savita Halappanavar’s husband, Praveen, said doctors determined that she was miscarrying within hours of her hospitalization for severe pain on Sunday, Oct. 21. He said that over the next three days doctors refused their requests for a termination of her fetus to combat her own surging pain and fading health.

I am saying this is wrong because morally, how do you let someone slowly die over three days, hiding behind a law.

F the law, and help a dying person.

So how about an honest answer? What outdated opinion of mine were you mocking?

The quotes above are where I feel you have an outdated opinion that mocking you may help you see how silly or old you sound.

#132 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,352 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

The quotes above are where I feel you have an outdated opinion that mocking you may help you see how silly or old you sound.

Or maybe you can let him have his opinion, and you have yours, and not be concerned with trying to make anyone feel like they're being silly or old...

#133 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

(((Jack))) Love ya, ya old coot.

It's all good. You know I have no problem with good natured shit talking. It's when folks choose to just make shit up to justify insulting me that I get a little crotchety, hell it's not like there isn't enough honest reasons to give me shit. Lazy, do-nothing dumb-ass loliberals just don't wanting to do their homework properly before going on the attack is what pisses me off

Posted Image

#134 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Or maybe you can let him have his opinion, and you have yours, and not be concerned with trying to make anyone feel like they're being silly or old...

but what fun is that?

I spent a good hour or so wasting time at work.

This is so much more fun.

Ultimately I am not changing his opinion, but like a couple of others I am shocked sometimes at how out of left field a Joker opinion comes across.

#135 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

It's all good. You know I have no problem with good natured shit talking. It's when folks choose to just make shit up to justify insulting me that I get a little crotchety, hell it's not like there isn't enough honest reasons to give me shit. Lazy, do-nothing dumb-ass loliberals just don't wanting to do their homework properly before going on the attack is what pisses me off

Posted Image

Stop ignoring Andy's last post which singles out every line you wrote that makes me truly scratch my head in befuddled amazement. It makes me really think you arent a very good person deep down, or that you have little empathy for dyin people.

#136 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,462 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

Is that a shot at me?

#137 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Round about defending the doctors for not doing their moral duty and follow national law.

I am saying this is wrong because morally, how do you let someone slowly die over three days, hiding behind a law.

Just because Joker wants to not own these points. Please just own what you say.

#138 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

You're throwing around that "round about" reasoning like it means something. That's just your opinion of what you think I was trying to say, rather than what I actually said. Hell, don't the doctors also have a moral duty to protect all lives?

Well "seemed to be" doesn't mean it's true. Why not just ask me rather than talk shit?

What does this have to do with giving me shit over my opinion?

#139 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,036 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'm a middle aged white broad with a tubal ligation and I'm opposed to abortion. we need to add another demographic :lol:

#140 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,036 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

this thread

Posted Image

#141 butterqueen

butterqueen
  • VibeTribe
  • 373 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

I am glad Andy's my husband, and would fly me the fuck out of that country. I want to live!

#142 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Case X'd

#143 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

this thread

Posted Image

Here is the exact moment it jumped:

Posted ImageJoker, on 15 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Nope but I don't see the chances of possibly saving 1 life as reason enough to definitely take another

/thread

#144 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,382 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

The story is more than a bit light on investigative reporting yet most of you seem to have taken it at face value without question.

Before having ANY feeling on this one way or the other I want to know that the "facts" as presented are actually true.

#145 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Is Joker a doctor now? This doesn't sound like it fits in context, but I can still leave the old man alone. You on the other hand, keep swingin' from his already gravity affected cock, like you're going to scrape feet. C'mon, brah.

#146 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Shut up, J. Just go with it.

#147 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Anyway, I'm getting all rowdy. Gotta time out.

#148 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,382 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

OK then. Since this is where all the action is, vote for my friend here:

http://www.gathering...__fromsearch__1

#149 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Posted Image

#150 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,036 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

She was admitted at 4.5 months pregnant and at the time, there was a fetal heartbeat.

Another article:

Activists in the overwhelmingly Roman Catholic country, which has some of the world's most restrictive laws on abortion, say the refusal by doctors to terminate the pregnancy earlier may have contributed to her death.
"I was deeply disturbed yesterday by what Savita's husband said. I don't think as a country we should allow a situation where women's rights are put at risk in this way," Deputy Prime Minister Eamon Gilmore told parliament on Thursday.
"There is no question of equivocation. We need to bring legal clarity to this issue and that is what we are going to do."
Irish law does not specify under what circumstances the threat to the life or health of the mother is high enough to justify a termination, leaving doctors to decide. Critics say this means doctors' personal beliefs can play a role.
Halappanavar was admitted to hospital in severe pain on October 21 and asked for a termination after doctors told her the baby would not survive, according to her husband Praveen.
The foetus was surgically removed when its heartbeat stopped days later, but her family believes the delay contributed to the blood poisoning that killed Halappanavar on October 28.

http://news.yahoo.co...-113427621.html

If doctors concluded the fetus would not survive and she was at risk, someone should have done the procedure.

Without signs of blood poisoning when she was admitted on 10/21, isn't the link between refusal to abort and her death only conjecture at this point?