• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,963 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

Other than it smelling like the bay, the particleboard stuff doesn't seem to have warped as it dried. If that's indeed the case, in theory, I could soak it in a diluted mixture of simple green biodeath cleaner and water to get the ocean/anything growing off of it, then let it dry, and it'll be as whatever as it was prior.

#2 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

I crack me up. :lol:

And now that everything smells like bay water, no worries re: it smelling like cats. :lol:

#3 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

I just found a bag of swedish fish in my pocket. I'm so brilliant! And ovulating. No wonder I was ready to sit shiva for my car, earlier today. Stupid hormones.

#4 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Never mind. The stuff I touched today was on top, above the water line. It'll be a fun surprise tomorrow. Lol. F it all. :lol:

#5 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

:lol:

hang in there Sarah. sending you so much love and great smelling vibes!

it was a loft bed, right? there's a silver lining for you :lol:

#6 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

I just found a bag of swedish fish in my pocket. I'm so brilliant! And ovulating. No wonder I was ready to sit shiva for my car, earlier today. Stupid hormones.

I'll be in Rockaway from 11/15 until..... Let's try and connect. I can come see you and bring you stuff :heart: That stuff includes lots of hugs :heart:

#7 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

Awesome. I'd love a designated drinker. :lol: and hugs.

#8 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Awesome. I'd love a designated drinker. :lol: and hugs.

Love you sista! I'll bring the hugs in bulk :heart:

#9 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,594 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

much love Sarah, keep smiling!!! :heart:

#10 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

I hear ovulating Swedish fish are a sign of good luck to come...

#11 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

:lol: Like visiting Karens. :jam:

I'm so ordering some cavicide, after reading this. I'd photograph what's in the boxes and toss it all, after reading this, but there are a couple of things I should probably take the time to find and soak in cavicide (not books or music, but things from dead people).

http://www.nae.edu/P...aneKatrina.aspx

Not sure what cavicide does to CDs (I'll know within a week. It kills TB and is what we use to clean dental operatories. Not wasting time with simple green.), But I think all my liner notes are tossers. I hadn't heard anything from in there in over a year, and I know people who can help me replace most of it for personal use. Fuck it. I'll deal with replacing everything else when I'm not living in transit at my grandma's, anymore. Not keen on staying there, after what I read. They reopened the dump in Oceanside, in Sandy's wake (we live not far from there). F'ing awesome. :jam: I thought I couldn't hang onto food 'cause I was stressed out. I've gone down a pants size, in the past couple of weeks. Dumbest weight loss system ever!

I have found my clean gene. What a fabulous learning experience. :the icon with one smiley throwing something at another one: Those of you who have seen my organized chaos and are laughing, I'm laughing, too, but I'm so serious. South bay creek water and mold are the f'ing clean makers.

#12 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,416 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

i'm no stranger to floods sarah - a lot more stuff is salvageable than you might think. i'm amazed at the massive amount of stuff
being trashed without even giving it a second thought.

#13 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Keep up the positive attitude and funny thoughts, Miss B - I'm sure you'll make silver linings happen :) :heart:

#14 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

You crack me up. :lol: Hang in there Miss B! XOXOXO :heart:

#15 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Sarah RAWKS! :jamguy:

#16 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,224 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

:lol: Like visiting Karens. :jam:

I'm so ordering some cavicide, after reading this. I'd photograph what's in the boxes and toss it all, after reading this, but there are a couple of things I should probably take the time to find and soak in cavicide (not books or music, but things from dead people).

http://www.nae.edu/P...aneKatrina.aspx

Not sure what cavicide does to CDs (I'll know within a week. It kills TB and is what we use to clean dental operatories. Not wasting time with simple green.), But I think all my liner notes are tossers. I hadn't heard anything from in there in over a year, and I know people who can help me replace most of it for personal use. Fuck it. I'll deal with replacing everything else when I'm not living in transit at my grandma's, anymore. Not keen on staying there, after what I read. They reopened the dump in Oceanside, in Sandy's wake (we live not far from there). F'ing awesome. :jam: I thought I couldn't hang onto food 'cause I was stressed out. I've gone down a pants size, in the past couple of weeks. Dumbest weight loss system ever!

I have found my clean gene. What a fabulous learning experience. :the icon with one smiley throwing something at another one: Those of you who have seen my organized chaos and are laughing, I'm laughing, too, but I'm so serious. South bay creek water and mold are the f'ing clean makers.

keep up the good work. you dont want to be smelling the bay on everything 30 years from now.

#17 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Or 30 minutes from now. Thanks, Scarfire. Glad to get some advice from someone with experience dealing with this particular water. I'll have a hand this weekend. Yee hah!