ok to lie to get aide you don't need ?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

so the big Romney supporter in the office advised me to "just file a claim with FEMA" and get some money for the food i had to throw away.

when i said i mostly only threw out stuff that probably should have been tosses anyway , 1/2 used jars of banana peppers, pimentos, etc. he said just make stuff up and then i can get the money.

i guess i could get $40 bucks for the 1/2 made bacon, but i knew i was taking a chance starting it after they announced the storm.

i guess as long as you are a republican, lie, cheat and steal is OK to get your entitlement, but not for the other guys or people that really need it.

#2 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

:in b4 the move:

#3 u.s.blues

u.s.blues
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

i wouldn't do it.

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Lying, cheating and stealing is not limited by party affiliation.

WTF?

#5 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,071 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Ohh, jeepers. Open bacon, cook all. Love you, Feck. I had a dream about you, recently. It was cool, made me smile.

#6 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

WTF?

exactly

#7 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Ohh, jeepers. Open bacon, cook all. Love you, Feck. I had a dream about you, recently. It was cool, made me smile.

I had a dream last night, Obama had been shot. I was at some vacation house in SC, came in from a swim, and it was on the news.

Then i woke up...with an eerie feeling.

#8 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I just want to see someone punished for wasting BACON.

#9 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,147 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

so the big Romney supporter in the office advised me to "just file a claim with FEMA" and get some money for the food i had to throw away.

when i said i mostly only threw out stuff that probably should have been tosses anyway , 1/2 used jars of banana peppers, pimentos, etc. he said just make stuff up and then i can get the money.

i guess i could get $40 bucks for the 1/2 made bacon, but i knew i was taking a chance starting it after they announced the storm.

i guess as long as you are a republican, lie, cheat and steal is OK to get your entitlement, but not for the other guys or people that really need it.

perhaps he learned it from the Obama supporters that use social services programs for rent, food, free public transportation, and free medical when they can work, but don't feel they have to because it is "owed" to them. Or the ones with 1 kid claiming 4 kids. (I work near to the department of social services where these folks park the nice cars in a different parking lot and walk over...see it all the time)

or perhaps the folks claiming disabilities they don't really have

WTF?

so true...just threw that truthful crap up above to show that it's not just republicans

#10 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

WTF?

:clap:

#11 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,147 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

do you say anything to these folks ?

yes...and I shook my finger at them angrily and said "you're bad"

shouldn't the government be investigating these folks claims?!?

I already have to do other folk's work at my job...do I really have to do their job too?

#12 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I just want to see someone punished for wasting BACON.

nothing too severe - it wasn't quite bacon yet, just some salty prokbelly

#13 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Not the situation of original post, however...

Posted Image

#14 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

he said just make stuff up and then i can get the money.

It's the American way

#15 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

here's how you can stop people from lying and cheating to get aid:

don't make them lie and cheat to get it. If everyone got the aid they needed, nobody would have to lie to get it.

That's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats believe everyone deserves help, Republicans believe that liars and cheaters get it undeservedly.

This guy at your office must be self-loathing.

#16 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Not the situation of original post, however...

Posted Image

:clapping:

#17 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

you have a tv? omfg! and a microwave oven? you're practically the 1%

#18 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

:clapping:

This person wins at being poor

#19 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

here's how you can stop people from lying and cheating to get aid:

don't make them lie and cheat to get it. If everyone got the aid they needed, nobody would have to lie to get it.

That's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats believe everyone deserves help, Republicans believe that liars and cheaters get it undeservedly.

This guy at your office must be self-loathing.

no one should have to lie to get the aide they need, but how does that stop those that don't need it from lieing to get it anyway ?

#20 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

:facepalm:

#21 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

no one should have to lie to get the aide they need, but how does that stop those that don't need it from lieing to get it anyway ?

aid should be available for anyone who needs it, no questions asked.

If there was food and housing available for everyone, nobody would have to lie to get it. That's all I'm saying.

What I'm talking about is more general and theoretical than what you are... but this whole thread is theoretical because you're not actually going to lie to get aid are you?

#22 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,258 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Feck doesn't lie. He makes bacon.

#23 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'll just answer the question:

No. I don't think it's OK to lie to get aid that you don't need.

Then comes the question: how do you prevent abuse? who watches the watchers? There is no perfect answer, but if there was it would have something to do with transparency and accountability.

#24 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

If there was food and housing available for everyone, nobody would have to lie to get it. That's all I'm saying.

people won't lie to get more than the other guy ?

#25 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

people won't lie to get more than the other guy ?

yeah, people would probably lie to try to get something bigger or newer... I haven't worked out all the details.

I don't even think we're talking about the same thing, really. You're talking about lying to recoup fictional losses after a disaster, and I'm just talking about basic needs for those who need it.

I think that whatever you lose in a natural disaster that isn't insured is gone forever.

#26 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect....

#27 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

do you understand what I'm saying or is it really confusing?

because I know exactly what I mean... I just also know that it's a very unpopular concept... and I haven't figured out any way to safeguard from waste, fraud, and abuse without using big brother technology in every home.

#28 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

it's not easy trying to be in the middle. it's like being bipolar.

duality... yin and yang. When the balance goes too much in the other direction we'll know, and the constitution will be put to the test.

so far I believe it might be working... the system that is. But after only 300 years, it's really too early to tell. I think this "gerrymandering" could become a real problem, or already has.

#29 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

ok I'll put it to you this way. I really don't think the government should just hand out checks to people who put in claims. I think that should be left to private insurers (let them figure out how to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse). Government should regulate those insurers to make sure they do what they say they will without misrepresenting their product and fleecing customers. (maybe also be required to pay out a certain percentage of what is put in -- rebate checks from insurance companies, maybe?)

I do think the government should provide basic (minimal) food and shelter for anyone in need. And, it doesn't end there. I think education, and basic needs such as clothing and especially health care should be provided to everyone.

basically, if a person in jail is entitled to these basic things (food, health care, clothing) then why aren't you and I?

#30 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

I don't think this is "circular thinking" either, because I don't think that anyone wants to live in jail... and if they do then god bless them.

#31 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

no matter what happens, it won't happen all at once. It will be incrementally, and that's a good thing, because change shouldn't happen overnight. It should be well planned out and prepared for. There will be grandfather clauses and all sorts of things... vouchers... who knows. I don't claim to have all the answers, but I do think that we can all figure out something together if we try, without tearing the whole entire thing apart and rebuilding from scratch.

anyway, didn't mean to get that deep into my vision. but there you have it. I guess I figured it was a good thread to say it in.

#32 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

agreed, changing the basic nature of man will take some time and prolly won't happen all at once.

#33 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Everything is free, no one owns anything.

If this is what you mean, PF, then I agree, it is in our destiny to get to this point in civilization.

#34 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

how many year to get to where we are now, how many years to get to there - prolly a heck of lot more.

#35 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

how many year to get to where we are now, how many years to get to there - prolly a heck of lot more.

One could argue that we are no more civilized now than the Ancient Egyptian culture was. We may have plateued as a culture...until a new paradigm emerges...

#36 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Everything is free, no one owns anything.

If this is what you mean, PF, then I agree, it is in our destiny to get to this point in civilization.

hoagie, I read your comments in the abortion thread... and it seems we are pretty much right on the same page.

it's pretty amazing actually... that many people are coming to this same realization on their own little by little.

#37 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Im amazed people still believe personal property is a real thing...

Thats a big illusion.