• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,322 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Who else remembers odd/even days? Let's party like its 1976!!

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1198809

#2 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,736 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

lololdpeople :rolling:

#3 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Welcome to my world.
But what took him so long? Christie did it days ago and it worked instantly.

Must have been planning a race.

#4 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

should have done this on 10/30.

during the last time my neigbors kid got his arm broke for selling coffee at 1/2 the price as the other kid on the block that was gouging customers for.

• Vehicles with license plates ending in an even number or the number "0" can make purchases of motor fuel on even numbered days.
• Vehicles with license plates ending in an odd number can make purchases of motor fuel on odd numbered days.
• Vehicles with licenses plates ending in a letter or other character can make purchases on odd numbered days.
Some vehicles are exempt from the order: all commercial vehicles, emergency vehicles, buses and paratransit vehicles, Medical Doctor (MD) plates and vehicles licensed by the Taxi and Limousine Commission.

#5 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,421 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

what happened to "there's no need to panic. this gas situation will ease as we move forward and supplies
reach stations and power comes back"?

rationing is not "easing". the situation has not improved at all.

everything they tell us turns out to be false. :angry1: !!

#6 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

The fact that they had to tell people that "0" is considered an even number...

#7 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

see this is why we need bullet trains and shit in the US.

Posted Image

#8 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,322 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

What happened was a Nor'Easter that fucked up getting the gas to where it needs to be. The projection was that we'd start seeing things ease up by the weekend but now it looks like that's not the case. Figured this was coming & I'm glad Cuomo finally pulled the trigger.

Here's hoping it helps with the lines--that was my biggest fear after hearing horror stories of people waiting for 10-12 hours. I'm going to have to get some gas over the weekend so I have tomorrow & Sunday to figure it out.

#9 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

In NJ the lines went from 2, 3 hours by me to under an hour almost over night. Now of course we have a station still with no power. And the one that does runs out still in maybe 15 hours.

So you have to be on top of things.

And lucky. Its not uncommon for stations to run out while your in line. Nothing you can do about it, just move on to the next.

It is what it is. The new world of gas rationing.

Here's a little PSA, if you haven't been awfully nice to your local gas station attendant, well you should have been.
Its already helped me a couple of times.

#10 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,322 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Here's a little PSA, if you haven't been awfully nice to your local gas station attendant, well you should have been.
Its already helped me a couple of times.

I usually pump my own, but I'm always nice to ther guys at the Mobil station when I go in for cigarettes so maybe this is one instance when being a smoker might work in my favor. :D

#11 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

I usually pump my own, but I'm always nice to ther guys at the Mobil station when I go in for cigarettes so maybe this is one instance when being a smoker might work in my favor. :D

Ah, that's right. You guys are lucky and get to pump your own.

My guy finally let me during the storm while I wa filling my assortment of cans. I was like Dude, I got this.

Gasoline is my new smell

#12 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,550 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

I have not drove the car since the storm. And now I have no plan to until the week of thanksgiving. Sheesh. Sorry to hear so many are in a tough spot still. I learned today that many of our attorneys homes were wiped out completely. They just found out because the areas were closed off and considered disaster. I really hope locusts aren't our next big "adventure".

#13 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

what happened to "there's no need to panic. this gas situation will ease as we move forward and supplies
reach stations and power comes back"?

rationing is not "easing". the situation has not improved at all.

everything they tell us turns out to be false. :angry1: !!

Posted Image

#14 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,981 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

I <3 my gas can.

#15 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

got a full tank today in greenport...no line. and it was cheaper than rocky point...which had zero gas today

#16 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Couldnt kmagine living out there on Long Island right now. You guys are hardcore.

#17 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

For the first time today at the station by me, there was no line (at 8am).

Still can't believe Bloombergs not getting more shit for dropping the ball on the LI gas crisis.

#18 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

no lines in NJ on the eastern rockland / bergen border today either. and 3 of the 4 spots had gas. the Lukoil has been without gas for a couple days now.

#19 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Butthead, i mean Bloomberg's empire ends at the NYC border, most of LI is free of him.

#20 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Butthead, i mean Bloomberg's empire ends at the NYC border, most of LI is free of him.

Sorry, meant Coma.

#21 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,322 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Got stuck in a war zone trying to get to the train this morning. I drove because everything froze overnight so I figured walking would be a bitch. Plus, I'm planning to go on thr hunt for gas as soon as I get off the train tonight.

Line forming for the gas station near the train had traffic completely gridlocked and no one on the line would give ground to anyone trying to get around. The street they lined up on is one lane in either direction and is a main road through town. You block that up, you can bring my neighborhood to a crashing halt, which is pretty much what happened. Missed 2 trains trying to get out of it, mostly because cars on the gas line were all but ramming me thinking I was trying to cut in. Don't even want to think abourt the gas I burned because of these idiots.

Saw 2 cops coming out of Dunkin Donuts (no, I'm not kidding) and a group of us who were trying to get to the train told them what was happening & asked what the plan was for the future. All of a sudden, we saw the lighbulbs go on over their heads. We were told they would get it under control. We'll see. I don't have much faith in the cops in my town (they're not County cops, they're locals which means the worst thing they deal with is moving violations and bar fights) but I'm hoping they can find a way to manage the gas lines and keep traffic moving.

All I know is that a part of my town came close to a riot this morning and this is on Day 1 of rationing. Could have been avoided with a little more common sense and a little less selfishness. That's all that was needed and we couldn't even manage that. And I'm not saying I'm innocent.. I went absolutely apeshit on a woman. Her only crime was saying the wrong thing at the wrong time with the wrong attitude and I popped off at her. Nerves are fraying all over the place. Our area got hit hard, but nothing like Long Beach or the other towns south of us. I can't imagine what its like closer to the shores where power has been out for 10-12 days.

Here's hoping we can all try to be a little calmer and a little more cooperative while we wait this gas mess out. Big lesson for me and a lot of other folks this morning. I know I'm gonna practice taking deep breaths. I'm far from perfect and I know I have a temper, but my behavior this morning was pretty awful.

#22 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

that's Ok i still can't believe Bloombergs not getting more shit for dropping the ball on the NYC gas crisis.

#23 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Christie is making everyone in NYC from te mayor on up look absolutely terrible.

Just sayin...

#24 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,981 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I had frayed nerves at sports authority buying some warm weather gear and flashlights in queens the other night. If people are buying only storm supplies, don't ask dumb questions like if I found everything I needed (I know I didn't) and if I'm part of the whateverthefuck club. No, shithead, give me my fucking purchase and stfu so i can go back to freezing hell with psycho grandma and practice the art of detachment. I know they're just doing their job, which is why I didn't bite his head off, but I wanted to.

#25 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

:heart: