Michael Moore Can Eat A Bag Of 'Em

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,199 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Congratulations everyone!! This country has truly changed, and I believe there will be no going back. Hate lost today. That is amazing in and of itself. And all the women who were elected tonight! A total rebuke of neanderthal attitudes.

Now the real work begins. Millions of us must come together to insist that Pre
sident Obama and the Democrats stand up and fight and, if the House doesn't want to play ball, do a massive end run around them. Likewise, we have to have Obama's back. As he is blocked and attacked by the Right, we need to be there with him. We are the majority. Let's act like it.

And please Mr. President, make the banks and Wall Street pay. You're the boss, not them. Lead the fight to get money out of politics - the spending on this election is shameful and dangerous. Don't wait til 2014 to bring the troops home - bring 'em home now. Stop the drone strikes on civilians. End the senseless war on drugs. Act like a mother***** when it comes to climate change - ignore the nuts and fix this now. Take the profit motive out of things that any civilized country would say, "this is for the common good." Make higher educational affordable for everyone and don't send 22-year olds out into the world already in debt. Order a moratorium on home foreclosures and evictions. There are ways to create good-paying jobs - I have some ideas, if you've got a minute. Make your second term historical!

Finally thanks to the Occupy movement who, a year ago, set the tone of this election heart with "the 1% vs. everybody else" - and inspired Obama and his campaign to realize that there was huge popular sentiment against what the wealthy have done. And that led to Romney's "47%" remarks which was the beginning of the end of his campaign. Thank you Mother Jones for releasing that secret tape and thank you to the minimum wage worker who did the secret taping. Thank you Sandra Fluke for enduing the insults hurled at you and becoming an important grass-roots leader. Thank you Todd Aikin for... well, for just being you. Thank you CEOs of Chrysler and GM for coming out forcefully against a Republican candidate, saying he lived in "an alternate universe" when he lied about Jeep. Thank you for Governor Cristie for being the final nail in the coffin.

And thank you Mother Nature, in all your horrific damage you caused last week, you became, ironically, the undoing of a Party that didn't believe in you or your climate changing powers.

Perhaps they'll believe now.

I really don't give a rat's ass about the rest of the piece. We were screwed, IMO, whichever party won the election. But voicing approval for the political consequences of a natural disaster while people are still mourning their loved ones, and others are living in shelters?

Fuck him.

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,986 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

He is a pompous classless ass.

#3 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

MM has always been a douche IMO, so, no surprise

#4 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,199 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

This seems extra special douchey to me...

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,986 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Extra yes, but surprising, no.

#6 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,107 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I really don't give a rat's ass about the rest of the piece. We were screwed, IMO, whichever party won the election.

But voicing approval for the political consequences of a natural disaster while people are still mourning their loved ones, and others are living in shelters?

Fuck him.

at least Pres. Obama has 4 yrs experience under his belt, gotta be better than bringing in another newbie?

...Mikey Moore has always been a dickhead

#7 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,199 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

at least Pres. Obama has 4 yrs experience under his belt, gotta be better than bringing in another newbie?

Better is a relative term. Screwed not quite as hard, and not quite as long, is still screwed. And not in the fun way.

That said, I hope he does some good things now that he doesn't have to worry about being elected again.

#8 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,579 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Chris Matthews: "I'm So Glad We Had That Storm Last Week"

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I am so proud of the country. To reelect this president and overcoming -- not because of the partisanship or even the policies. Here's an African-American guy with an unusual background -- part immigrant background, part African-American background -- with all this assault on him from day one. From Mitch McConnell, from the clowns out there that will never be elected, never will be to anything.

And the way he took it, as someone said, with coolness and charm and dignity and took it and took it and kept moving forward and doing his job. And the American people, and I know we look at these percentage, 40% of white vote. Fine. That's about right among Democrats in the last couple cycles, three cycles or four. Good work for them. Good work for him. A good day for America.

I'm so glad we had that storm last week because I think the storm was one of those things. No, politically I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.

http://www.realclear..._last_week.html

#9 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,199 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Chris Matthews: "I'm So Glad We Had That Storm Last Week"

I'm so glad we had that storm last week because I think the storm was one of those things. No, politically I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.

http://www.realclear..._last_week.html

Fuck him, too.

#10 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

No surprise here, a pile of shit looks down at that clown.

#11 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

This really is the most glorious part of the election... you'll get through it guys. one day at a time.

I guess all this time you thought we were just bluffin'.

#12 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Chris gave a humble, sincere apology for that BTW, and not because of pressure to. He realized his own error. That has to be noted as well.
Moore, however, is never apologetic. That makes him just as much a douche as the people he opposes.

But can we be real and understand what they both really meant and what we all know because we have seen it?...and that is that it always seems to take a major event that affects us, usually quite bad, to make us drop our ridiculous guard and work together for the common good. For a few moments there is no party, no religion, no race, no social classes. We are just human beings trying to survive together on Lifeboat Earth.
It is just unfortunate that it takes events like giant storms or terror attacks to do this.
Thats what these guys mean no matter how poorly articulated.

#13 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Chris gave a humble, sincere apology for that BTW, and not because of pressure to. He realized his own error. That has to be noted as well.
Moore, however, is never apologetic. That makes him just as much a douche as the people he opposes.

But can we be real and understand what they both really meant and what we all know because we have seen it?...and that is that it always seems to take a major event that affects us, usually quite bad, to make us drop our ridiculous guard and work together for the common good. For a few moments there is no party, no religion, no race, no social classes. We are just human beings trying to survive together on Lifeboat Earth.
It is just unfortunate that it takes events like giant storms or terror attacks to do this.
Thats what these guys mean no matter how poorly articulated.

Maybe it just means that once the world is in a constant state of catastrophy, humans will live in a world free from wars and conflict. We will be too busy collectively surviving. Comforting thought...?

#14 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Fuck him.

He is a pompous classless ass.

MM has always been a douche IMO, so, no surprise

Lol, multi quoting saves me typing the same thoughts.

#15 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

Maybe it just means that once the world is in a constant state of catastrophy, humans will live in a world free from wars and conflict. We will be too busy collectively surviving. Comforting thought...?

Sadly, that seems to be the way it looks. The Walking Dead indeed.

#16 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

I watch Chris Matthews all the time, and I feel like I know the guy.

He said the wrong words. I'm sure he doesn't mean that he's glad that people are now suffering.

Karl Rove is the one who is blaming his election loss on the hurricane, and if he's right about that, then maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

#17 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Chris Mathews is a full blown dullard. Micheal Moore is a self loathing capitalist.

#18 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

any other opinions you'd like to share?

#19 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Sorry, I see you like Chris "dullard" Mathews.

#20 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,579 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Why is it folks on either side will give a pass when it's one of their guys saying something stupid yet they'll jump all over the other side when they do the same thing?

#21 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hyper-partisan hackery, I suspect.

#22 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Sorry, I see you like Chris "dullard" Mathews.

you're sorry for your opinion? wow, that's a first.

Yeah, I like Chris Matthews but I'm not going to curl up in fetal position and cry in a corner like you do when someone says something negative about Ron Paul.

#23 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

You have amazing delusions of grandeur.

#24 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I don't think that means what you think it means.

#25 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

I knew that already. the "I don't think" part.

#26 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

right... everything I believe can be conveniently looked up on a single website and has a definite cut and dry answer... wait, no... sorry, that's you and Lew Mises.

#27 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Um, ok.

#28 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I wish there was a single website I could look at every time I had an existential question to find out what I believe. It sure would save me a lot of thinking.

#29 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

"A lot of thinking."

ROFLMAO

#30 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

The morning after, following a night of "a lot of thinking."

#31 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I almost feel like feigning some sort of reaction just to entertain you...

egad! how dare you make fun of Chris Matthews! That man is a saint!

#32 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

NO, he is a dullard.

#33 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

no he's a big scholler BIG

#34 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,199 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

But can we be real and understand what they both really meant and what we all know because we have seen it?...

I don't think Chris Matthews is a "bad" person. He's a blowhard, and steps over the line sometimes, so in his case, I'll agree with you.

MM, I'm not sure about...and in his case, this wasn't an off the cuff spoken remark. It was written. He had time to think about it. He's an insensitive, self-important prick, and I'm not going to assume that he meant as you suggest.

#35 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

who was hurt by Chris Matthews' remark?

#36 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

I don't think Chris Matthews is a "bad" person. He's a blowhard, and steps over the line sometimes, so in his case, I'll agree with you.

MM, I'm not sure about...and in his case, this wasn't an off the cuff spoken remark. It was written. He had time to think about it. He's an insensitive, self-important prick, and I'm not going to assume that he meant as you suggest.

I agree. I wasn't implying that the way MM said it was excusable and he is a Cock Chokeula for failing to apologize. I was just asking that we all agree about the acutal point of their stupid remarks.
I'm on YOUR side! :)

#37 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,199 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

I agree. I wasn't implying that the way MM said it was excusable and he is a Cock Chokeula for failing to apologize. I was just asking that we all agree about the acutal point of their stupid remarks.

Didn't think you weren't. Just clarifyin'. :)

#38 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

I like clarity. It's underrated.

#39 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,548 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

dulltard :lol:

#40 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

there's a lot of dulltarded people.

#41 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

:rolling: Cock Chokeula?? Friggin' awesome. :: adds to repertoire ::

#42 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

:rolling: Cock Chokeula?? Friggin' awesome. :: adds to repertoire ::

He vants to suck your pud!

Enjoy!