Photo
- - - - -

How do you vote when unaware of the additional races?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

When the state comptroller or some other odd state job is up for election how do you choose (without researching it first)? The first time you see these names is when you show up to vote.

My default is vote for the woman, if their is a woman included in the two choices.

I feel woman will either do the right thing, or will not be as easily corrupted. Plus as my wife said, that is good because you know 50% of the population is women, and we barely have any women as elected officials.

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,969 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

I research my local elections prior to election/voting day. They are much more relevant to me than the National election in most cases.

#3 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I was informed yesterday, but in the past when I was naive to the process this was my default.

I heard people om the radio yesterday stating when this happens they go, uhm, yeah this looks good.

Made me think of what I did. I guess I trust women more than men when it comes to integrity.

#4 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,249 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I research the ballot before I go vote. Prior to that, if I didn't know them, I didn't vote for that position.

Those people that use, "uhm, yeah this looks good", is the same thing that you do, only you're sexist about it. :lol:

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,969 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

I also do not cast votes for races in which I am not informed.

#6 syd_25

syd_25
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Ct

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I research my local elections prior to election/voting day. They are much more relevant to me than the National election in most cases.

This

#7 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,766 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I also do not cast votes for races in which I am not informed.

This. I try to research the names on the ballot ahead of time, but if unsure I will just not vote for that race. There were 30 names for Justice of the Peace positions on the VT ballot and you could pick up to 12. I didn't pick any. All the other state races (comptroller, sec of state, etc.) I had at least looked at a few newspaper endorsements and reasons prior to voting. There were 2 races I didn't vote on, all the others I felt informed enough on.

#8 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

what do you do when a guy is running uncontested?

that's a waste of a vote. I wanted to write myself in... I should have.

#9 beerzrkr

beerzrkr
  • VibeTribe
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

3rded