Whoever Wins one thing is certain...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob
  • VibeTribe
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

the slim margin of victory is in no way to be considered a MANDATE to institute sweeping changes but rather a call from the masses for compromise to find and act on the middle ground.

51% to 49% IS NO FUCKING MANDATE

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,545 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

The butthurt from either side will be absolutely epcot. The crying, the calls of fraud and cheating, the recounts, the courts involved. The butthurt will flow like it hasn't flown since at least 2000.

#3 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Posted Image

#4 Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob
  • VibeTribe
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

The butthurt from either side will be absolutely epcot. The crying, the calls of fraud and cheating, the recounts, the courts involved. The butthurt will flow like it hasn't flown since at least 2000.

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY

#5 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,091 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

...for compromise to find and act on the middle ground.

Good luck seeing this happen...

#6 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,596 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

We all lose? :lol:

#7 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,319 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

So in other words, I'm not really going to get my FB newsfeed back for quite a while yet. :banghead:

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,545 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

I wouldn't count on it. I would say that depends on the outcome and the spread of FB friends you have from the red and blue teams.

#9 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I don't entirely agree. I really can't see the problems of 2000 when it took weeks of legal bitching to determine the presidency, I don't think its going to be that close in the end.
I still contend that the Republicans didn't really want to win this one, more that they didn't want Obama to win. That the best Republicans didn't want to run against a sitting President and instead wouldn't mind if Romney lost, leading to a wide open field in four years.

On the other hand if he wins the Electoral College handily, but barely squeaks by on the popular vote, you may be exactly right...

#10 Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob
  • VibeTribe
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

the slim margin of victory is in no way to be considered a MANDATE to institute sweeping changes but rather a call from the masses for compromise to find and act on the middle ground.

51% to 49% IS NO FUCKING MANDATE

anyone want to address the topic?

#11 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

GW Bush seemed to think that he had a mandate in 2004 with a victory consisting of only 286 electoral votes and 50.7% to Kerry's 48.3% :dunno:

I doubt Obama is that brazen if he wins. And the GOP will still control the house and have enough to filibuster the senate, so it will basically be status quo. The Dems don't have enough balls to throw up major legislation and not capitulate to those on the right. Obama is going to have to try to reach across the aisle to get anything done, else shame the GOP on their recalitrance, if that's even possible.

If Romney wins, then I'd fully expect him to be a signing boy for GOP legislation driven by the House. The D-controlled senate would be the only firewall, but Harry Reid and the D wimps over there will let plenty of it pass through without much of a fight. In this case it wouldn't so much be Romney saying he's got a mandate, as being a good soldier for the GOP agenda.

That's my take...

#12 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

no mandate, just a rejection of lunacy.