dreams too much. Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BMcGee

BMcGee
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

I was a daily user of herb for many years and seldom had or remembered my dreams. About two years ago I quit smoking and after the third day I started having very vivid dreams. At first I thought it was so cool and could not wait for bed so I could have another adventure. But as time went by I grew tired of all these crazy dreams. I found myself having two -four different dreams per night with lots of detail and very real like. These dreams seemed to have kept me so involved that I awoke very tired. I felt like my dreams were keeping me from a good nights sleep and grew very frustrated and reached a point that I hated going to bed. Some nights were not so bad and after a while I got used to it. At times I felt like going back to herb so I could have a break. I lasted over a year and went back to herb not for the dreams but cause I just wanted to smoke again. Anyways I quit smoking again last month and again about the third day the dreams came back. So once again im waking up very tired from dreaming too much. I was given a sleep aid by a doctor for anxiety due to other problems . yeah it works great and knocks me out and I don't dream as hard but I hate to take the drug unless I need to only here and there.
Some folks say just smoke but again I don't want smoke to be the only other cure. This is all very frustrating to me and im not sure what to do about this crazyness. I work very hard all day just to wake so tired from chasing these dreams all night. Sure some are still fun or weird and my friends found it a habit to ask what happened in last nights. I could write some great movies based on them but I had enough of this.
Anyone care to help me figure this out. Thanks :bang:

#2 annieL

annieL
  • VibeTribe
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

I know just how you feel. I am a very vivid dreamer and dream a bunch of dreams in a night too. Even within the eight minute intervals of my alarm clock I dream. I used to dream of being some kind of superhero or something; I'd wake up in a dream and would be doing all this kung foo fighting - I was always the good guy FYI - and anyway, I would wake up so tired like I was awake all night. It totally sucked. Thats over now and I do miss all of the kung foo action but not waking up tired. Do you drink coffee after 2pm? because you probably shouldn't. I also heard that eating banannas at night makes you dream but that could be bogus.:monkey:

#3 neurotech

neurotech
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Everybody dreams every night, about the same amount, with more dreams occuring as the night wears on. Its when you wake up during or right after a dream that you remember it. 10 minutes later and you won't. I would guess that you are either a light sleeper or your dreams have been intense. Some people like melatonin, an over the counter supplement that helps sleep.

#4 DeadbeatDaydream

DeadbeatDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

I also, have Chronic vivid dreams, PTSD nightmares, and I found that taking an antihistamine works, and even if i don't take it every night i'll go a few nights without dreaming at all.. although it only works for some people, and I agree that taking a pill all the time just doesn't seem like the right natural thing to do. Everyone is different, just try different methods, like teas, meditation before you sleep, sometimes stretching helps people, there are tons of things you can try, you just gotta find whats comfortable and right for you. I personally just smoke the herb, but if you don't want to, you shouldn't have to. I've noticed if i'm stressed or tense for any reason before sleep, it's a lot worse, so making sure you're relaxed could help a lot.

#5 Indigo Adventurer

Indigo Adventurer
  • VibeTribe
  • 344 posts
  • Locationin the hearts and minds of many

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

I know this post is from a while ago but I thought I would share insight too just in case someone else finds this thread looking for advice. Exercise a couple hours before bed that sometimes helps me. There are some herbal teas that you can take. Also this one sounds out there but do something that engages your imagination every day. Play. Build a fort in your living room, day dream, take a shower and let yourself space out for a while. Your mind is clearly very active and needs to exercise it. Some people just require more creative time than others. I call it "me time" where you just be yourself and give your brain what it needs. Sing, dance, live. Paint or draw, do something that engages and challenges your mind during the day in a fun way so that your brain is also ready to sleep when your body is. I hope you are finding some healthy ways to get some rest!

Love and Light! :rose: