• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

regardless of who you support, please exercise your right to vote. basic civics 101.

thank you for participating.

#2 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Voted at 6:30 AM...

#3 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I can't in good conscience this time around. :(

There's a better place on the boards to discuss the why of it. And I have, so I won't here.

#4 Pher

Pher
  • VibeTribe
  • 903 posts
  • LocationSaratoga Springs, NY

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Going to polls shortly :shades:

#5 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,405 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

imho, voting = bitching rights

if you dont vote, i dont wanna hear you bitching! :carla:

#6 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

done...

and thanks for the reminder.

#7 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

imho, voting = bitching rights

if you dont vote, i dont wanna hear you bitching! :carla:

Love you lady, but...

"I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created." - George Carlin

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I think I will abstain from encouraging either version of coercion.

May the best turd sammich win!!!

#9 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Love you lady, but...

"I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain,' but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created." - George Carlin

George Carlin was smarter than anyone on those polls. :lol:

#10 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

In with the first ten or so people at 6am. :smile:

Posted Image

#11 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Voted at 6:30 AM...

Early and often?

#12 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'm with you Tim.
Tired of arguing the point though. If it makes folks feel better about everything, go for it.

Thats not how it makes me feel though.

Kind of like how do you like your pain? The way it is now, long and drawn out, but at least most of it will be pushed off on our kid's kids. Or quick and to the point, like the republicams want it, probably marching us right off that fiscal cliff as fast as can be.

I was going to throw my vote away again on a 3rd party, but I'm not sure all of the alternative ideas will make us any better off, plus they scare me as I don't see any of them as leaders.

Which brings me to why I will write in my vote this year....for our own Republican Governor, Chris Christie, or CC as we call him at my house. To me he has risen above in this whole Sandy mess, shown himself as a true leader, and has done it without playing any partisan bullshit.

By the way, besides Obama briefly touching down up here, then leaving to campaign away in the Ohio, Virginia, etc. How has either candidate actually addressed us? Given us any sort of hope that they care. Shit, I don't even think Romney knows whats happened up here.

Good luck with your choice everyone. Remember what you are all saying, you can't complain once you cast your vote. I'm going to remind you ;)

#13 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Voting third party is NOT a throw away! Any candidate who gets at least 5% of the national vote is entitled to federal campaign funds, just like the big party candidates. Voting third party is voting for more choices and inclusion in the future!!!!!

#14 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Voting third party is NOT a throw away! Any candidate who gets at least 5% of the national vote is entitled to federal campaign funds, just like the big party candidates. Voting third party is voting for more choices and inclusion in the future!!!!!

that was in '92. I believe they changed that rule after Ross Perot

#15 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

to anyone who thinks these two candidates are the same, i have two words: supreme court. it may be the most important, yet most overlooked issue in this presidential race. regardless...VOTE and exercise your hard fought right!

#16 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Is that today?

#17 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Voting for the lesser of two evils is in my opinion similar to being coerced.

#18 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

to anyone who thinks these two candidates are the same, i have two words: supreme court. it may be the most important, yet most overlooked issue in this presidential race. regardless...VOTE and exercise your hard fought right!

It's been said one of them wants to take away our rights, it's already been shown the other one will take away our rights

#19 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'll be voting because it's worth voting for state candidates and on some local issues.

If I were only voting for Pres. I prolly wouldn't bother going. But since I'm there, I'll be voting 3rd party.

The "you have no right to complain" argument is so tired. Thanks for posting the Carlin quote, Tim. Because, it seems to me, those who keep this corrupt system alive and well with their vote for edit "evil" or "less evil" are perpetuating the problems the rest of us are complaining about.

Go vote for Goldman Sachs, the continued erosion of yer rights, continued increase of anti-Americanism around the world, and the killing of innocence around the world.

And be sure to wear your cute sticker to show you did.

#20 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

It's been said one of them wants to take away our rights, it's already been shown the other one will take away our rights

what rights has the current administration taken away by supreme court decision?

#21 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

that was in '92. I believe they changed that rule after Ross Perot

No, they did not. Google it.

http://www.fec.gov/p...kgnd/fund.shtml

Since no third party candidate received 5% of the vote in 2008, only the Republican and Democratic parties are eligible for 2012 convention grants, and only their nominees may receive grants for the general election when they are nominated. Third-party candidates could qualify for retroactive public funds if they receive 5% or more of the vote in the general election.

#22 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I'll be voting because it's worth voting for state candidates and on some local issues.

If I were only voting for Pres. I prolly wouldn't bother going. But since I'm there, I'll be voting 3rd party.

The "you have no right to complain" argument is so tired. Thanks for posting the Carlin quote, Tim. Because, it seems to me, those who keep this corrupt system alive and well with their vote for dumb or dumber are perpetuating the problems the rest of us are complaining about.

Go vote for Goldman Sachs, the continued erosion of yer rights, continued increase of anti-Americanism around the world, and the killing of thousands around the world.

And be sure to wear your cute sticker to show you did.

i voted for obama and am wearing my sticker...though i thank you for disparaging and pigeon holing my opinion in the most unfavorable light.

#23 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Clearly this thread has turned to political discussion thus should be appropriately filed. :smile:

#24 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

The OP should have put it cleanly in P & R anyway...i would have thought a Vibeguide would know that right off...

:wink:

#25 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

i voted for obama and am wearing my sticker...though i thank you for disparaging and pigeon holing my opinion into the least favorable and least objective slot.

Been round and round on this issue in P&R (where I imagine this thread will be heading shortly). Sorry, Cur, just a frustrated response to the "wasting your vote" and "no right to complain" arguments. I could have worded it more thoughtfully.

edit: feeling less thoughtful in my responses to issue of politics as of late, so I'll bow out of discussion.

happy voting or not voting everyone.

#26 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Meh. I'm a block head. Therefore I shouldn't vote.

#27 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

We have but the illusion of choice, even our founding father's acknowledged that in their personal correspondences.

#28 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

what rights has the current administration taken away by supreme court decision?

Posse Comitatus and Habeas corpus by signing NDAA 2012 and then fighting a court ruling to have the provisions in question of this bill removed and considered unconstitutional.

http://rt.com/usa/ne...ffs-hedges-143/

#29 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Clearly this thread has turned to political discussion thus should be appropriately filed. :smile:

Please don't? If there is one day to allow these kinds of things on the main board, it is election day.

#30 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Meh. I'm a block head. Therefore I shouldn't vote.

:lol:

#31 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

i'm voting. not gonna get all uppity and preachy about my beliefs on voting or who i'm voting for. those beliefs are my own and i don't need to waste any energy convincing others they're right in order to feel as though they're justified.

happy do whatever you feel is necessary day. :mrgreen:

#32 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

AWESOME

#33 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I really hope you were kidding there, TEO. Moving threads turned this board from a large, viable, interesting community into the vast wasteland of innanity all 20 of us read on a daily basis.

Taking anything remotely interesting and shuffling it off to a corner where it won't be read isn't the answer.

#34 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Please don't criticize me for exercising my rights, as I won't criticize you for exercising yours.

Kthx.

#35 moed_over

moed_over

He saw the spinning lights he knew it was a sign....

• VibeTribe
  • 2,168 posts

regardless of who you support, please exercise your right to vote. basic civics 101.

thank you for participating.

For those that want a different option, Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are on the ballot in most states....

#36 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,068 posts

#37 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

I expect it will involve cheese. :)

#38 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Your favorite candidate sucks

#39 moed_over

moed_over

He saw the spinning lights he knew it was a sign....

• VibeTribe
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I really hope you were kidding there, TEO. Moving threads turned this board from a large, viable, interesting community into the vast wasteland of innanity all 20 of us read on a daily basis.

Taking anything remotely interesting and shuffling it off to a corner where it won't be read isn't the answer.

Yeah, I'm kind of sick of having the P&R board dominated by two people bickering. Haven't even bothered recently....Let this thread stay.....

#40 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Please don't criticize me for exercising my rights, as I won't criticize you for exercising yours.

Kthx.

<3

So long as we all realize this works both ways...and I know you do, JP.

#41 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

<3

So long as we all realize this works both ways...and I know you do, JP.

Yup. :heart:

#42 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Obama Tax, a mandated purchase of insurance or a tax penalty for noncompliance. The right to choose was removed.

#43 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Because some people's wrists cannot scroll further? Really I am kidding today, however your argument does not hold water in the grand scheme. Oh, I care, but do not care enough to scroll and click in other than one forum. That is like going to Vibes and never leaving your car. :spank:

#44 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

As long as you're kidding, I'm good.

#45 Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob
  • VibeTribe
  • 907 posts

Piles of junk mail, incessant ludicrous phone calls, vicious attacks ads, TV commercials laced with half truths, distortions and outright falsehoods, plans and agendas with no specifics and obscene amounts of money spent to get the "Message" out. The Right to Vote is Sacred but the process has become a joke.

As the Middle Class reverts to the status of indentured servitude the time has come to DEMAND BETTER!

#46 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Because some people's wrists cannot scroll further? Really I am kidding today, however your argument does not hold water in the grand scheme. Oh, I care, but do not care enough to scroll and click in other than one forum. That is like going to Vibes and never leaving your car. :spank:

Some people are just lazy, TEO. and some just like to complain

#47 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

:lol:

;) :P

#48 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Obama Tax, a mandated purchase of insurance or a tax penalty for noncompliance. The right to choose was removed.

you already pay a larger "tax" by covering uninsured people who use emergency rooms. besides...that position is one most libertarians such as yourself, believe to be the case with most, if not all, taxes.

#49 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, I'm kind of sick of having the P&R board dominated by two people bickering. Haven't even bothered recently....Let this thread stay.....

p&r moving holiday today until the cali polls close. then i'll move all the political threads to p&r.

#50 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Why do people not understand that if everyone has health insurance, it will be cheaper for everyone?