I know of no reason why
the gun powder treason should ever be forgot

Posted Image

#2 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,614 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Gonna hafta have me a V viewing tonight, I think!

#3 Skrockypoint

Skrockypoint
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

#4 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,255 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Mr. Pat sent me some stupid thing for an Anonymous Nov 5th thing. How the fuck are you "Anonymous" if you respond to a facebook invite? :dunno:

#5 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

:lol:

#6 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Mr. Pat sent me some stupid thing for an Anonymous Nov 5th thing. How the fuck are you "Anonymous" if you respond to a facebook invite? :dunno:

:rolling: me too. and it had no information about anything. just a bunch of emo poems. :wtf:

lolsocietycrumblerslol

#7 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,255 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I just don't get anonymous in general. It's like standing up for something without having the balls to show your face or take responsibility for your actions? :dunno:

#8 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

It is incredible to me how Americans see the significance of Guy Fawkes. Hate to tell you but you've all got it completely bassackwards.

In England the effigy of Guy Fawkes is BURNED on this day. He was a villain of the highest order.

#9 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,614 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

It is incredible to me how Americans see the significance of Guy Fawkes. Hate to tell you but you've all got it completely bassackwards.

In England the effigy of Guy Fawkes is BURNED on this day. He was a villain of the highest order.

I know this. Also think V is an interesting take on someone who views it, at least in part, differently...

#10 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,255 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

V for Vendetta really pissed me off. She should of cut his balls off for torturing her for no reason.

#11 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

"With you, every day is Guy Fawkes Day!"

Posted Image

#12 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Do all social classes in England view Guy Fawkes in the same light?

#13 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Do all social classes in England view Guy Fawkes in the same light?

The country is overwhelmingly pro-monarchy across all classes. Even among those who are anti-monarchy, Guy Fawkes would never be used as a symbol of revolution. Remember, he tried to blow up the Parliament buildings, not just the King.

In the US, to be his equivalent someone would have to try to blow up congress while the Pres is giving a speech. Not exactly the makings of a national hero.

But I did enjoy the movie V, and at least yanks know who the guy is now, even if they just think what the movie tells them to.

#14 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Makes sense, I thought the movie portrayed him as a dangerous nut job.

#15 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

I'm not saying there's no class warfare, it's just not really based on opposing the monarchy. When I was a kid, there were plenty of stuffed "guys" who looked like Margaret Thatcher burned in the streets.

I understood the outrage but I always loved Maggie. :lol: Mostly because the alternative was a total lunatic fringe back then.